Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Agreed. "Plot holes" like that are the only thing that gives telepathy tangible limits.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Didn't they scan Colossus early on and find absolutely nothing. I thought the implication was that what Mikhail is doing can't just be found out by "lol telepathy"

I think going "Just telepath harder" sucks as a resolution. Cause that's basically what a lot of resolutions amount to.
    First off the painter is in a pocket dimension and being tortured by mikhail. The painters powers are a form of reality manipulation not telepathy. The telepaths would have to know about the painters existence to free peter and they don't.

Others have said it best: Why would Storm turn to Colossus when Kate is the "child of her heart"? Makes no sense.

I enjoyed seeing Storm getting checked by Emma. Storm isn't that different than Charles. Half-comitted to Morlocks and the massacre happens. Half-comitted to the QC, and SOS happens. I would add that she "is and isn't" regent of Mars and she was herself during the whole simulation and she supported a universe-scale corruption in the name of preserving "life." And turning to Colossus, who has always been more "little brother" martyr than leader? That's poor judgement. Being earnestly arrogant isn't enough. Her own earnest hypocrisy is her blind spot, not being spread too thin.

Not sure why the QC's consternation over the footage from SOS matters. Storm points out to Destiny, of all the possible timelines / simulations, Destiny worked to ensure SOS. What's not said: if there are less-worse, maybe even better than why judge anyone in the footage for their actions? They're capable of less-worse and even better outcomes.

Seems worth noting: Storm forced everyone to watch the footage, to what end? Mystique declined to listen to the recording, why? Seems an understated and thoughtful contrast.

I was feeling tired by the Sinister focus and now looking forward to whatever is going on with the pivot to Krakoa's vulnerability to magic. Shaw, as always, is the disaster capitalist.

Can someone help me out?

Are we supposed to know what Shaw meant when he says "Mother Righteous is the money behind Selene's power play"? Selene pointed out Krakoa was vulnerable to magic then was shoved in the resurrection queue. Mother Righteous is yet another Sinister.

Also, how does confessing something to Mother Righteous or thanking her mean anything? Did I miss an issue where that's 'splained?

I'm confused.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 05-03-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Spectacular Member

I'm not going to put my 2 cents in the main debate of the issue for 2 reasons, the first being that I believe everyone in the council is to blame (which makes the whole discussion kind of moot IMO) and the second that I'm biased here and that's never good for any debate.

But I've seen the notion here by some that Storm is being expected to play babysitter or to clean someone else's mess, and I just can't agree with that idea. She's part of of the Council, and as long as that's true it's her mess too. But it's also not her responsibility alone, everyone on the QC is on the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This was somewhat good. It had conflict, change, and surprises. That said, Emma's points against Ororo fall flat for me because she's using them to deflect and avoid facing her own culpability, much like Hope did in this issue. As Ororo noted, "It's not just what you did then. It's what you did now—it is a future wrought from your present games." And she isn't wrong. Emma has been privy to Sinister's machinations this era longer and more extensively than most, including Ororo. After all, she was aware of Sinister's secret cloning facility, in which he created chimera using genetic material he obtained from Arakko—i.e., Tarn's DNA—and combining it with his own. In fact, she ordered Empath, who she also had spying on Sinister and the Hellions for an undisclosed period, to destroy the facility using Havok's abilities. And she didn't think to report any of this to the Quiet Council. Isn't it ironic that she caught and intercepted Sinister's genetic meddling once before, prior to the events in question?
    Emma's been trying to take Sinister off the Council and throw him in the pit since before Judgement Day, but every time she's about to discuss it with the council something urgent comes up (event happens) and cuts the discussion.

Just before Judgement Day, in Immortal #4, she outed the Dr. Stasis plot to the rest of the Council and as they were about to put Sinister in the pit (or at least discuss it), a giant beam of light teleports him away (AXE starts).
    As soon as AXE ends, when Sinister enters the room Emma immediately brings up the discussion again, but she is cut by Destiny telling Exodus that Nathaniel is about to kill Hope (SoS starts). And that's followed up by the present issues.

Of course that's not an excuse, because there's always something she could have done before the events started, which is why I'm saying it's pointless to put the blame on anyone else besides Sinister, the one responsible for the crimes in question.
    Last edited by OldManLogan; 05-03-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Everyone fail here.

Emma is unjust with Storm but she also have a point. But Storm too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManLogan View Post
    I'm not going to put my 2 cents in the main debate of the issue for 2 reasons, the first being that I believe everyone in the council is to blame (which makes the whole discussion kind of moot IMO) and the second that I'm biased here and that's never good for any debate.

But I've seen the notion here by some that Storm is being expected to play babysitter or to clean someone else's mess, and I just can't agree with that idea. She's part of of the Council, and as long as that's true it's her mess too. But it's also not her responsibility alone, everyone on the QC is on the same boat.

Emma's been trying to take Sinister off the Council and throw him in the pit since before Judgement Day, but every time she's about to discuss it with the council something urgent comes up (event happens) and cuts the discussion.

Just before Judgement Day, in Immortal #4, she outed the Dr. Stasis plot to the rest of the Council and as they were about to put Sinister in the pit (or at least discuss it), a giant beam of light teleports him away (AXE starts).
    As soon as AXE ends, when Sinister enters the room Emma immediately brings up the discussion again, but she is cut by Destiny telling Exodus that Nathaniel is about to kill Hope (SoS starts). And that's followed up by the present issues.

Of course that's not an excuse, because there's always something she could have done before the events started, which is why I'm saying it's pointless to put the blame on anyone else besides Sinister, the one responsible for the crimes in question.
    Oof, i forgot that all these things basically happened in quick succession of each other.

Its crazy how much can happen in a week in the marvel universe.

Reminds me of asgardian wars, jean greys whole solo, generation x ending and phoenix Ressurection all happening back to back in the same week

FYI from Gillen's newsletter:
    "X-men Red drops next week. For continuity watchers, the whole of X-men: Red happens in the “Days Later” caption-gap before the last two pages of Immortal." Interesting. So Storm makes her decision to appoint Colossus as her proxy after next week's X-Men Red.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Perhaps that's where we'll learn why she chose Piotr and not Kate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

There are plot holes and Sinister has been beyond over used; but this stuff is still multiverses better than almost anything from AvX to HoX.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    While taking no responsibility and accountability. It's not storm's job to keep cleaning up after shady people.
    Responsibility for what? Getting assassinated by Sinister and getting replaced by an evil version of herself.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Responsibility for what? Getting assassinated by Sinister and getting replaced by an evil version of herself.
    For not letting the council into all the stuff she knew Sinister had already done. Let's start there.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I am not caught up on "Sins of Sinister." Is it a MUST that I read all those issues before I read Immortal 11?
    Nope. You could actually read this as stand alone unless you want to know exactly what they may do one day, perhaps.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So just incase lets keep track of how storm just kickstarted fall of x. Now Ntm on storm, she literally didnt know. Anyways;
    * she thanks MR righteous on behalf of all of krakoa unknowingly coming every single mutant on the island with the exception of likely herself as she is of Arakko.
    *she unknowingly gave Russia a direct oversight into the CIA of krakoa. I repeat Russia now oversees Mutant CIA.
    *she also unknowingly gave russia controlling interest on the internal affairs of krakoan government.

And this all happened in a span of 2 weeks, now I shudder at what will happen in red 11 because they could always squeeze another f up or two on her resume lol.

Mind you emphasis on she doesnt know she has done these things, to her and all others she has done good but she might have played a Huge part in dooming the entirety of krakoa unknowingly.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"...we only make this work if we all work together."

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, Stormy but...from day one, the QC hasn't been working together. And now it's too late.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Colossus has at least some control and awareness. He's been able to try to leave messages in his art to ask for help. So on some level they could notice these things.

Frankly after X-force the whole Council is just a cesspool, Storm and Kate included. Burn it down! Anarchy! Or maybe democracy. Or at least do their main business in public like nearly every other developed country