Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Emma is not deflecting or laying blame, she is pointing out that Storm is distracted and they need her and that future showed what happened because Storm could not prioritize Krakoa. She is asking for help.
    While taking no responsibility and accountability. It's not storm's job to keep cleaning up after shady people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    While taking no responsibility and accountability. It's not storm's job to keep cleaning up after shady people.
    I don't care at all about Emma, she could go in the pit with the rest of them, but this is not her not taking responsibility. She is literally saying the QC needs Storm especially now that Storm has removed all of the votes. Again, I don't care at all about anyone's faves here.

I am not caught up on "Sins of Sinister." Is it a MUST that I read all those issues before I read Immortal 11?
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I am not caught up on "Sins of Sinister." Is it a MUST that I read all those issues before I read Immortal 11?
    For the most part I think reading the opening and closing issues of the event will catch you up enough, then you can get recaps online of the middle issues. Mutants did very nasty things due to the Sinister gene in their bodies.

Speaking of, I saw an interesting point about the "bits of Sinister genome floating around space and time? Contributing to the Dominister, maybe? Or even deriving from?" Intriguing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Enh. Otherwise smart and competent characters making dumb choices for the sake of plot and the most stupid of reasons. Isn't Kate...the daughter of her heart, still on the QC?
    And no, Emma...until you address the fact that you and the other telepaths in the room were content to do nothing about the snakes in the garden, even with the knowledge you had... just, no.

I was done with Gillenister a while back. This just underscores that decision. That is all.
    I don't understand what dumb choice is being made by Storm. We the readers know Piotr is not entirely in control, but Ororo has no reason to believe that. He is one of her oldest friends. So is Kate, but Ororo is over Emma right now and Kate and Emma have been a little too tight. This is the logical choice, and is one of wisdom from Storm -- she knows she can't be 100% present, but also that her voice is important and she can't just leave, and because she is a good person who relies on others she found a solution. It's just that there's a bad outcome she didn't forsee.

Also, stop it with the Gillenister. Is it too much to ask that you be civil in how you talk about creators?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    It wasnt the most masterful event or the most thrilling. I still dont understand what Dominion is and who achieved it. But for the most part it was a ok read that builds up to the Fall.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    It wasnt the most masterful event or the most thrilling. I still dont understand what Dominion is and who achieved it. But for the most part it was a ok read that builds up to the Fall.
    We're not supposed to know who achieved it. The what it is was explained mostly in HoXPox though, not SoS.

Mighty Member

I don't care at all about Emma, she could go in the pit with the rest of them, but this is not her not taking responsibility. She is literally saying the QC needs Storm especially now that Storm has removed all of the votes. Again, I don't care at all about anyone's faves here.
    Literally Storm just helped her. She took away their voting power, came up with a plan to get them cleansed, got them cleansed and showed them everything they did in that timeline. Storm literally cleaned up their mess and helped them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Edit: I am interested more now than ever to get to Doug/Krakoa's issue, the QC must have ruled on something so egregious and nasty in order for the island to intervene and check them.

This isn't entirely correct, I have to stick up for my girl. Before Judgement Day, Emma brought the knowledge to the rest of the QC about Sinister and his clones in the hope of getting him thrown in the pit or off the Council. Nobody was necessarily content with the snakes in the garden, Emma thought she had Shaw in check, and Emma trusted Destiny to have the best interests of mutant kind. No one had the foresight into seeing any of this happening, so it is unfair to to some extent. Could the telepaths as a whole could have done more? Of course, but so could anybody else, they are a council, a team who sit to make decisions for the betterment of Krakoa. I also think it's good to point out that no one is blaming Storm for anything, just that with basically the "good" council members in the majority they need Storm more than ever.
    Fair enough. And I agree with you. I love Emma and she will always speak bluntly but my issue is not so much with her in-story as it is with the plotting. Gillenister is fitting round characters into his square plots.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I don't understand what dumb choice is being made by Storm. We the readers know Piotr is not entirely in control, but Ororo has no reason to believe that. He is one of her oldest friends. So is Kate, but Ororo is over Emma right now and Kate and Emma have been a little too tight. This is the logical choice, and is one of wisdom from Storm -- she knows she can't be 100% present, but also that her voice is important and she can't just leave, and because she is a good person who relies on others she found a solution. It's just that there's a bad outcome she didn't forsee.

Also, stop it with the Gillenister. Is it too much to ask that you be civil in how you talk about creators?
    That is me being civil. You don't have to like it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Literally Storm just helped her. She took away their voting power, came up with a plan to get them cleansed, got them cleansed and showed them everything they did in that timeline. Storm literally cleaned up their mess and helped them.
    She is asking for help going forward. Who is left on the QC to vote? The control has been put in the hands of more shady people. This is not even some hypothetical discussion on my part, it is foreshadowing by the writer.

Mighty Member

She is asking for help going forward. Who is left on the QC to vote? The control has been put in the hands of more shady people. This is not even some hypothetical discussion on my part, it is foreshadowing by the writer.
    Storm is still helping her when she's there. Emma wants Storm to abandon Arrako and focus on krakoa, which she's not going to do. Does krakoa need Storm full time? Yes it does, does Arrako need Storm? Yes especially with genesis coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    We're not supposed to know who achieved it. The what it is was explained mostly in HoXPox though, not SoS.
    Guess I'm going to have to read HOX and POX again
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The idea of Storm putting together a Highlight Reel of Immorality for them to physically watch like a movie makes me laugh. Did they edit all 1000 year down to a digestible 2 to 3 hours for proper viewing?

This was a good showing for Storm and a silly showing for everyone else. So much of this plot relies on a huge number of uber telepaths, who are widely known for their various degrees of paranoia and intrusiveness, not using their powers. Poor Colossus has been mentally screaming for help for literal years and nobody has noticed.

I have complicated thoughts about Storm that might be better suited for the Storm topic, but I will say it looks like she's in for a rough rest of the year. Colossus is about to blow up in everyones' faces, and then there's whatever Apocalypse is about to do to Arrako.

A thought just occurred to me as I was typing this; the story brings up how Storm is spreading herself thin between Krakoa and Arrako, but what about the human side of things? I know she's on frosty relations with Wakanda, but her godhood springs from her African heritage. And during Sins of Sinister, it was THAT heritage that she called on for her big power play. I wonder what her original people think of about their goddess basically abandoning them for both a new people and a new planet.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The idea of Storm putting together a Highlight Reel of Immorality for them to physically watch like a movie makes me laugh. Did they edit all 1000 year down to a digestible 2 to 3 hours for proper viewing?

This was a good showing for Storm and a silly showing for everyone else. So much of this plot relies on a huge number of uber telepaths, who are widely known for their various degrees of paranoia and intrusiveness, not using their powers. Poor Colossus has been mentally screaming for help for literal years and nobody has noticed.

I have complicated thoughts about Storm that might be better suited for the Storm topic, but I will say it looks like she's in for a rough rest of the year. Colossus is about to blow up in everyones' faces, and then there's whatever Apocalypse is about to do to Arrako.

A thought just occurred to me as I was typing this; the story brings up how Storm is spreading herself thin between Krakoa and Arrako, but what about the human side of things? I know she's on frosty relations with Wakanda, but her godhood springs from her African heritage. And during Sins of Sinister, it was THAT heritage that she called on for her big power play. I wonder what her original people think of about their goddess basically abandoning them for both a new people and a new planet.

Didn't they scan Colossus early on and find absolutely nothing. I thought the implication was that what Mikhail is doing can't just be found out by "lol telepathy"

I think going "Just telepath harder" sucks as a resolution. Cause that's basically what a lot of resolutions amount to.