Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Strong opening salvo. Better than I expected. Looking forward to the three other specials leading up to the gala now.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    We got Zsen's picture, btw. Turns out, she sucks at art-ing.

I wonder how Kurt felt, banging Zsen and then seeing her draw him without any genitals.
    I really don’t see this painting as a depiction of ‘the truth’ in someone’s heart. Now that we’ve come to the series conclusion, It looks more like a precognition to me.

I wasn’t too fussed on the first half of the book but the second half focussing on Kurt’s goodbye and the team taking on MR was great. I teared up from Scott and Kurt’s conversation, it was so heartfelt. I wished I’d seen more of this throughout the series.

I really hate that Kurt has been forced to kill against his will. Probably because it’s so rare he’s in these situations, and how much this is going to eat away at him. But I think it was handled well and now we have a more legitimate reason for Kurt to hide under a mask.

I’m quite excited for the uncanny spider-man. Our fuzzy elf has been put through hell, I’d like him to have a bit of joy back in his life, even for a little bit.

Two things I’m curious about:

Just who is that little elf spectre following Kurt around? He seems to be the only one who sees it.

Ruth stated Kurt is the key and had to be saved whatever the cost. Does this hint Kurt playing a big role in the future of the mutants in fall of X?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I wasn’t too fussed on the first half of the book but the second half focussing on Kurt’s goodbye and the team taking on MR was great. I teared up from Scott and Kurt’s conversation, it was so heartfelt. I wished I’d seen more of this throughout the series.

I really hate that Kurt has been forced to kill against his will. Probably because it’s so rare he’s in these situations, and how much this is going to eat away at him. But I think it was handled well and now we have a more legitimate reason for Kurt to hide under a mask.

I’m quite excited for the uncanny spider-man. Our fuzzy elf has been put through hell, I’d like him to have a bit of joy back in his life, even for a little bit.

Just who is that little elf spectre following Kurt around? He seems to be the only one who sees it.

Ruth stated Kurt is the key and had to be saved whatever the cost. Does this hint Kurt playing a big role in the future of the mutants in fall of X?
    It’s either a Bamf or Wagnerine’s daughter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, what happened to Sean's trauma?
    It seems David erased it all, somehow from Sean's backups. He now feels better than he ever has. Was it David though?

Extraordinary Member

I only noticed this because someone pointed it out in the scene with Sean, which seems to imply it is something Legion did. Although the painting seems to show the same creature in it (and visible to everyone?).

Would Kurt have his memories intact if he was revived through the Waiting Room, instead of with Cerebro?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Agreed. It sucks that mopey gothic Kurt has become canon. It’s like writers have a hard time striking a balance between fun acrobat Kurt and good friend who listens Kurt. So, around the time of the first X-movies, they turned him into “pontificating demon with religious baggage Kurt.” Basically making his gloominess his only relatable quality. Meh.

During HOX/POX, I think writers (Hickman?) said Nightcrawler was intended to create the mutant nation’s religion — which Cardinal adhered to in the future scenes.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 05-04-2023 at 09:37 AM.

So Mother Righteous really is the best Sinister, huh?

That's fine with me.
    "This is me being reasonable"

This issue was very good.
    Spurrier closed a lot of things he left on Legion of X, changed Nimrod status quo, made Mother Righteous less overpowered, and gave a bitter-sweet conclusion for Kurt and his Spark.

Did you guys see the ghost bamf? Is he going to be Uncanny Spiderman's sidekick?

BANNED

I really don’t see this painting as a depiction of ‘the truth’ in someone’s heart. Now that we’ve come to the series conclusion, It looks more like a precognition to me.
    The precognition of what? Kurt being X-cified and castrated

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    So Mother Righteous really is the best Sinister, huh?

That's fine with me.
    No no no Miss Sinister is the best version.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The precognition of what? Kurt being X-cified and castrated
    Well, that's probably how he feels at the moment, so I guess Zsen's powers are working as intended.

I don't understand everyone's sentiment around Kurt leaving. Kurt's spent so little time on Krakoa as it is. WoX and LoX seemed like they were trying to set him up as a big thought leader, but he barely seemed to crystallize his philosophy before abandoning his people. The fact that he doesn't state why he feels like he has to leave or what he is planning to do is rather egregious (something about being a "people"?). It seems he is just running away from his problems when literally everyone in this universe has murdered somebody while mind-controlled. Hell, Scott was ostracized for 5 years for killing Xavier while possessed.

What'd I say all the way back in the LoX #5 thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    Honestly, I'm so tuned out from the story I did want to see Spurrier's idea of what Kurt's inner soul was like, just so there would be no more debate about his portrayal on Kurt.
    So yeah, we're cementing mopecrawler. His inner self is a castrated, crucified martyr. Wonderful.

I don't see how Spurrier's portrayal of Kurt can possibly mesh with the Spider-Man persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    I don't understand everyone's sentiment around Kurt leaving. Kurt's spent so little time on Krakoa as it is. WoX and LoX seemed like they were trying to set him up as a big thought leader, but he barely seemed to crystallize his philosophy before abandoning his people. The fact that he doesn't state why he feels like he has to leave or what he is planning to do is rather egregious (something about being a "people"?). It seems he is just running away from his problems when literally everyone in this universe has murdered somebody while mind-controlled. Hell, Scott was ostracized for 5 years for killing Xavier while possessed.

What'd I say all the way back in the LoX #5 thread?

So yeah, we're cementing mopecrawler. His inner self is a castrated, crucified martyr. Wonderful.

I don't see how Spurrier's portrayal of Kurt can possibly mesh with the Spider-Man persona.
    I think that’s why everyone eye-rolled when in the Uncanny Spider-Man when Spurrier was like, “Kurt’s been down for so long, time to bring back some joy!” Like sir you’re the one who has been writing him like this and putting him through trauma after trauma. Also I think there was a line in there about Kurt masking his pain or something so I’m sure we’re not done right the mopefest, it’ll just have more jokes layered on top.