Default Doctor Strange - Herald of Galactus

Classic Strange is approached by Galactus and agrees to take on the role of Herald.

He is given the powers and abilities (including the board) that were intended for the Silver Surfer.

How would the various major Surfer storylines play out over the years if Stephen had to be in charge instead?

BONUS:

Silver Strange goes 1v1 vs the following in the Arena:

Thanos
    Tyrant
    Dormammu
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Classic Strange is approached by Galactus and agrees to take on the role of Herald.

He is given the powers and abilities (including the board) that were intended for the Silver Surfer.

How would the various major Surfer storylines play out over the years if Stephen had to be in charge instead?
    In-character? edit: he would probably never do this in-character...

If he feels it's completely necessary, he does a far, far better job of seeking out planets that might satisfy Galactus without consuming any civilizations. There might even be some argument that between the Power Cosmic on a planetary level and his magic, he can actually whip up life on planets, seeding them, then slowly lead Galactus around eating them when they grow while seeding others. Or stuff like that.

He's also a whole lot more powerful than the Surfer.

Hilariously, it does mean not only is he a ridiculously high-end mage/power-cosmic user, but he's now one of the most powerful martial artists in Marvel, combining Strange's not-inconsequential skill with the Surfer's stats. ^_^ So for a lot of his fights, he can just beat people down without even resorting to magic or power cosmic.

Silver Strange goes 1v1 vs the following in the Arena:

Thanos
    Wins. He's now fast enough and - between his own shields and the Surfer's durability - tough enough to last long enough to pull out some power-cosmic enhanced magic/awful incantation that deals with Thanos. It's not going to be easy, but I figure he takes it since the arguments before have been 'Can Classic Strange pull out Something Awful™ before Thanos busts him up?'

Tyrant
    Not really sure.

Dormammu
    Dormammu at full power will be sweating somewhat in the fight, I suspect. But he's good enough to take it, still. I figure this is kind of like 'Silver Strange versus Thanos' level of win, only the other way around.

Dormmamu on one of his 'Due to leading with my ego I have temporarily ended up with reduced power' situations gets wrecked.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

So who would win between Strange Surfer and Super Surfer (remember the cross over when Supes became a Herald)?

I'd say Strange Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dormmamu on one of his 'Due to leading with my ego I have temporarily ended up with reduced power' situations gets wrecked.
    Why does this sound like a Self-Help book a reformed Dormammu would write?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Why does this sound like a Self-Help book a reformed Dormammu would write?
    I laughed a very long time at this. Best seller for sure.

For Sharp - Tyrant at his most powerful was an equal threat to Galactus himself. Sundering galaxies and the like.

Weakened Tyrant convincingly trounces a Class 100 death squad consisting of several Heralds and Gladiator. After defeating them, he slowly overpowered Thanos holding an energy boosting item in his hands. This fight was closer but Tyrant definitely had an advantage. Eventually the fight ends with Thanos being proud of having lasted against the guy but looking like he did against Odin.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I laughed a very long time at this. Best seller for sure.

For Sharp - Tyrant at his most powerful was an equal threat to Galactus himself. Sundering galaxies and the like.

Weakened Tyrant convincingly trounces a Class 100 death squad consisting of several Heralds and Gladiator. After defeating them, he slowly overpowered Thanos holding an energy boosting item in his hands. This fight was closer but Tyrant definitely had an advantage. Eventually the fight ends with Thanos being proud of having lasted against the guy but looking like he did against Odin.
    Hm.

The issue here is, how did Tyrant eventually get taken out?

I don't...necessarily see Silver Strange having more raw power at his disposal than this guy. If he can convincingly fight Galactus and beat up Thanos With Power Enhancer of the Week, Silver Strange isn't going to whip him in a straight fight.

On the other hand, Strange can do all kinds of weird stuff (mental assaults, or Pendaran's favourite 'punch in soul', that kind of thing) that might allow him to take out Tyrant while using his durability, shields, and speed (and other magical stuff) to avoid getting murdered.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hm.

The issue here is, how did Tyrant eventually get taken out?

I don't...necessarily see Silver Strange having more raw power at his disposal than this guy. If he can convincingly fight Galactus and beat up Thanos With Power Enhancer of the Week, Silver Strange isn't going to whip him in a straight fight.

On the other hand, Strange can do all kinds of weird stuff (mental assaults, or Pendaran's favourite 'punch in soul', that kind of thing) that might allow him to take out Tyrant while using his durability, shields, and speed (and other magical stuff) to avoid getting murdered.
    I dont actually remember Tyrant being defeated in combat by anyone other that Galactus himself. Depowered Tyrant still managed to overpower a nebulously boosted Thanos and thats sort of how the conflict ended. Thanos was proud of his showing against the guy and then ran away with the orb that was boosting him. Tyrant is then shown walking into a room filled with dozens of similar power orbs and thats kind of how it ends if memory serves? Its been forever since ive read it.
    - big_adventure

A fairly complete series of relevant scans:
    https://aminoapps.com/c/comics/page/...Wj05oWXE10labr
    - big_adventure

Maybe Strange pulls some weird sort of esoteric attack out of his rear that takes this? Otherwise, I don't think he's winning. He should put up a better fight than a base Thanos would, but that's all.
    Why are we here?