Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    this has to be my favorite page. So much mentioned in such a casual conversation. New Mutants, New Warriors, Guardians, Firestar. what Rich actually does as a nova. Just give Ewing all the damn roses.
    It's neat because the New Warriors had quite a few mutants already, Justice, Firestar and Namorita, from the original lineup, and then Silhouette and a few others (Timeslip, Bolt, Microbe, as well as *nine* former mutants after M-Day, including Jubilee!) later. They could totally justify half the New Warriors living on Krakoa, and the other half hanging out regularly, and not just for team sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's neat because the New Warriors had quite a few mutants already, Justice, Firestar and Namorita, from the original lineup, and then Silhouette and a few others (Timeslip, Bolt, Microbe, as well as *nine* former mutants after M-Day, including Jubilee!) later. They could totally justify half the New Warriors living on Krakoa, and the other half hanging out regularly, and not just for team sports.
    The New Warriors could actually form their own mutant team, what with the amount of mutant members they've had in the past. And Night Thrasher was also said to be a latent mutant too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I like the increasing importance of Arakko on the galactic stage, Lake Hellas now being "the biggest interstellar forum going." Which of course will make Genesis' imminent arrival even more interesting.
    I really really like that mutant stories feel important again. I think the last time I felt that was during Gillen's Exinction team and even then it was pretty self contained.

Lol i blame my Americaness for the complete miss of this. But as said, great catch. lol. futbol. which when you think about it it is so dumb we call it football when it is primarily played with your hands. we stay trolling. lmao.
    Rugby is also a kind of football, and that seems to have more to do with pulling each others shorts down than kicking a ball.

I echo the sentiments drawing parallels with Claremont's work. The quiet moments like these -- the casual interactions -- the LIFE of the characters -- these are all the most meaningful moments that MAKE the boom-whiz-pow-action matter. It is exactly this content that so many X-fans crave.

this has to be my favorite page. So much mentioned in such a casusal conversation. New Mutants, New Warriors, Guardians, Firestar. what Rich actually does as a nova. Just give Ewing all the damn roses.
    And not a single bit of it feels excessive or inflated. This is king shit. Ewing is an Omega Level Cannonetic. There seems to be no limit to the lore he's capable of successfully revisiting and enriching the experience for long time readers.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Loved this page too..... except for one extremely large mistake. Soccer? Straight from the mouth of a Brazilian and written by a British writer!
    Beto's just being sensitive to his fellow hot tub'ers cultural ignorance.
    I imagine that line is one that Ewing really chewed over.
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-05-2023 at 04:22 AM.

Y’know, I’d love Nova to just be part of Ewing’s X-Men. Not all X-men are mutants, so he’d be fine. Storm, Sunspot, Nova, Thunderbird, and Wiz Kid. Toss in an Arakki for the heck of it and you’d have an uncanny team of X-men…

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I echo the sentiments drawing parallels with Claremont's work. The quiet moments like these -- the casual interactions -- the LIFE of the characters -- these are all the most meaningful moments that MAKE the boom-whiz-pow-action matter. It is exactly this content that so many X-fans crave.

And not a single bit of it feels excessive or inflated. This is king shit. Ewing is an Omega Level Cannonetic. There seems to be no limit to the lore he's capable of successfully revisiting and enriching the experience for long time readers.
    100% this. It's these quiet moments that make us care even more about these characters so that when war is at hand the stakes feel greater.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    The New Warriors could actually form their own mutant team, what with the amount of mutant members they've had in the past. And Night Thrasher was also said to be a latent mutant too.....
    Plus Midnight's Fire (Silhouette's mutant brother, whose actual mutant power seems to be unclear, as his enhanced physical abilities, shared with his sister, are more a 'magical unnatural selection' sort of thing, IIRC) has flirted with joining the side of the angels, perhaps even as a *third* Night Thrasher...

Mighty Member

Making the central themes of character master even in the power moments. I love this comment.

And not a single bit of it feels excessive or inflated
    . This is king shit. Ewing is an Omega Level Cannonetic. There seems to be no limit to the lore he's capable of successfully revisiting and enriching the experience for long time readers.

Definitely appreciate this part. It is mentioned in such a casual way you don't feel like your missing something but at the same time if you want to you can go look it up but the story itself isn't directly beholden to it. I hope the game happens. Would be kind of cool if while the gala was going on there was an annual of this game with the new warriors and new mutants and others that skip the gala visiting arrako.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-05-2023 at 01:10 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I concur! You can tell how many fans are starved for this type of content—thought bubbles, text boxes—just by everyone's reaction to those two pages in the preview, which is still light on words if we're going by Claremontian standards. Still, it goes to show you what a few additional words of a character's introspection and reflection can do. I look forward to reading this.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Where is Death he needs to show up and zap this guy out of here to get his girl

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So besides Namorita, Firestar and Justice, who were other mutant members of the New Warriors? Silhouette perhaps?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So besides Namorita, Firestar and Justice, who were other mutant members of the New Warriors? Silhouette perhaps?
    Timeslip, Bolt, Microbe
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

As far as I can remember the full list of mutant New Warriors members not counting the depowered mutants who've never really identified with the New Warriors at any other point is: Namorita, Firestar, Justice, Silhouette, Timeslip, Bolt, Microbe, Bandit (Night Thrasher's half-brother, who was on the team at times), Helix (a latent mutant whose powers were activated by a gene-bomb in the Spider-Man clone saga, he had adaptation powers like Darwin), and its never been officially confirmed, but its been implied in a couple places that Debrii is a mutant as well.

Also, it would be interesting to see if Night Thrasher could use the gates, because various people in early New Warriors stories suspected or implied that he's a mutant like his half-brother Donyell, and his power is a heightened form of resistance to psychic intrusion.