Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm well aware, but that doesn't negate my point that they were haphazardly dropped into continuity out of nowhere and en masse. In KC, it was somewhat explained by the time jump and it's out of continuity status. Here it's just a character dump that has problems as Zatanna, who we've followed for decades, now has a nephew with her father's look and powers that she's never mentioned before.

Personally, I think this kind of character addition is pretty lazy (yep, even Damian and Jon) and doing it in batches just makes it worse.
    Well Zachary is her second cousin, not her nephew

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From the November 2023 solicitations:
    JAY GARRICK: THE FLASH #2
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by DIEGO OLORTEGUI
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    1:25 variant cover by EVAN “DOC” SHANER
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/21/23
    Judy’s physicals are all coming back good and clear, which means only one thing: mall day with Stargirl! But when a foe from the 1940s crashes the party, Jay rushes in to save the day, much to his daughter’s chagrin!
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-solicitations-november-2023/
    Due out a week from this coming Tuesday.
    Here are the covers:

Cover A by JORGE CORONA

Variant Cover B by FRANCIS MANAPUL

Cover C 1:25 variant by EVAN “DOC” SHANER

I like that Manapul cover. Nice to see a reference to the 1940s comics where Jay often left havoc in his wake from the breeze that followed him.

Extraordinary Member

Jay Garrick: The Flash #2 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Diego Olortegui

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I like that Manapul cover. Nice to see a reference to the 1940s comics where Jay often left havoc in his wake from the breeze that followed him.
    I didn't like his variant cover for issue #1

Cover B Francis Manapul Card Stock Variant
    But I think the one for issue #2 is much better.

Variant Cover B by FRANCIS MANAPUL

The Flash can be pretty OP .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Flash can be pretty OP .
    -- Not a fan of that. It's one thing if there was a threat particularly suited to the Flash, but with a JSA group including GL and Dr Fate standing off against an army, the Flash just comes in and takes care of it all making the entire rest of the team useless? Nope, not a fan.
    -- That said, I am enjoying this series. It's actually reminding me of Green Arrow a bit with the time travel, and teleporting and a mystery involving a plot to split up the hero's family.
    -- Btw, are malls still doing well somewhere in the U.S.?
    -- Why is Stargirl Boom's only friend in the world? What about the other lost sidekicks?
    -- Biggest nitpick of the day: C'mon colorist - the icing on a Cinnabon is white...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Why is Stargirl Boom's only friend in the world? What about the other lost sidekicks?
    Wasn't Judy kept isolated running on that treadmill until she was rescued. She really didn't have that much time to form relationships with any of the others. And since Courtney is based in Blue Valley, which is close enough to Keystone maybe she is the only one who is able to visit on a regular basis. Plus Stargirl is the one most likely to put forth an effort to keep in contact with the other sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Wasn't Judy kept isolated running on that treadmill until she was rescued. She really didn't have that much time to form relationships with any of the others. And since Courtney is based in Blue Valley, which is close enough to Keystone maybe she is the only one who is able to visit on a regular basis. Plus Stargirl is the one most likely to put forth an effort to keep in contact with the other sidekicks.
    Ohhh okay - I forgot about that.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The art in this still is great.

Lotta great action moments and depictions of speed.

It was another nice issue. Adams really nail it at the writing. I really loved the scenes between Judy and Stargirl.

Incredible Member

This book really makes me want Adams on a JSA book either modern or classic era. Hell give him Earth-2 and let him loose

I assume the outfit Judy wore at the mall before changing into her superhero costume actually belongs to Courtney? Apparently she'd told her her wardrobe needed updating, and realistically, Judy shouldn't own anything but her costume because anything else she had would've been from sixty years ago, and more than likely long since binned or donated (since Jay and Joan wouldn't have even known why they had clothes for a teenager, and we know her bedroom has been used by Bart in the meantime, so it needed to be cleared out).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    This book really makes me want Adams on a JSA book either modern or classic era. Hell give him Earth-2 and let him loose
    Same. Really loved the JSA scene and he's great at writing Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Yeah what a fun cover! Love Manapuls work and love seeing younger Jay rendered on the page. Still my dream to see a Bendis like All New X-men book with Jay. Younger Jay ends up in the current time for a couple years. Takes over the main Flash book. Gets to see how his legacy plays out and what kind of pressure that may put on his younger self. Creative team? Jeremy Adams and Dan Mora.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!