Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That didn't surprise me. He appeared when Adams was Wally's writer too, he's the one who revealed that Linda was pregnant.
    Still nice to see him .

Ultimate Member

I wanna like this mini, but damn, it's making it hard...

There's no real focus on defining Judy, no real focus on what her return means for her family, etc.

I love Jay and I think Judy has potential, but I'm currently hard pressed to defend that position.

Extraordinary Member

Jay Garrick: The Flash #6 Preview
    Writer: Jeremy Adams
    Artist: Diego Olortegui

So classic "Hero has to save their daughter/sidekick from a dastardly villain."

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

This is objectively the best DC run this year
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

For the first solo book Jay has really had in forever, this was pretty good. And I like how Adams closed it out with the Flash Family.

I wonder if the Dr. Element thing will follow up in his stuff with Steph and the Superhero kids or his GL run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wanna like this mini, but damn, it's making it hard...

There's no real focus on defining Judy, no real focus on what her return means for her family, etc.

I love Jay and I think Judy has potential, but I'm currently hard pressed to defend that position.
    I'm enjoying it for what it is, but you're right in that it doesn't really address those things. It's a fun superhero romp and I love seeing Jay get a lead role, but it's basically fluff.

Judy is the least interesting or memorable part of this mini, unfortunately.

This was fun mini series that could’ve used an extension. The action sequences in this mini were rushed, especially the final issue and the issue prior to that in Brazil.

Jeremy Adams did a good job reworking Jay’s origin to include Judy, and an explanation on why Joan is still alive. Besides that, I don’t think this miniseries accomplished much. Judy’s role in the Flash Family is still unclear, she also doesn’t really have a personality or anything solid to her besides being Jay’s forgotten daughter. I hope Judy can get more character work someone else, because she is interesting in concept, but the execution of her character has been middling.