Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hey at least she ain't a Boomer
    She literally is a boomer. Born in 1949.

Could be worse.

She could be Zoom.

Someone let me know if they come out with a ; Ted grant, the wildcat mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She explained it in Lost Children. Jay is the Flash of the Lightning, Judy is the Boom of the Thunder. Jay doesn't have a secret identity though, so Judy probably won't either, meaning her codename is effectively redundant.
    You don't need a secret identity to have a codename.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She literally is a boomer. Born in 1949.
    I mean more hero codename isn't "Boomer" but damn thats true

Man, who would've thought that we'd finally get a second Flash book, for the first time in twenty+ years.....and it's about Jay?

Find myself torn on this one though. Adams is great, and a writer I trust with the Flash mythos. But this hook just isn't doing anything for me. I'm not reading Johns' new JSA stuff (I'll get the trade, if word is good) but I don't like the idea of these retro-legacies, like the "original" Red Lantern and Aquaman of the Golden Age. That just seems like a complication the characters and DC don't need.

And do we need a secret daughter for Jay? That changes so much of his character and his relationships. I'll wait for previews, see how the thing looks. I'd very much like to read this and Adams' name makes me inclined to grab it, but the hook just isn't grabbing me.

Absolutely checking out Sandman though. And if they do Starman that **** goes straight on the pull list as soon as its announced.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, who would've thought that we'd finally get a second Flash book, for the first time in twenty+ years.....and it's about Jay?

Find myself torn on this one though. Adams is great, and a writer I trust with the Flash mythos. But this hook just isn't doing anything for me. I'm not reading Johns' new JSA stuff (I'll get the trade, if word is good) but I don't like the idea of these retro-legacies, like the "original" Red Lantern and Aquaman of the Golden Age. That just seems like a complication the characters and DC don't need.

And do we need a secret daughter for Jay? That changes so much of his character and his relationships. I'll wait for previews, see how the thing looks. I'd very much like to read this and Adams' name makes me inclined to grab it, but the hook just isn't grabbing me.

Absolutely checking out Sandman though. And if they do Starman that **** goes straight on the pull list as soon as its announced.
    Unless you are a huntress fan, you can skip this fiasco of a “JSA” book by Johns.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Someone let me know if they come out with a ; Ted grant, the wildcat mini.
    ^^^Hell yes!

Can’t recall if Ted ever had his own ongoing back in the day, but he’s ahead of Alan and Jay in terms of minis. He co-led one w. Batman (1997) and one w. Catwoman (1998).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Unless you are a huntress fan, you can skip this fiasco of a “JSA” book by Johns.
    His JSA comic is not good, I'm finding it very bad, but on the other hand, the Stargirl is great! It's a really fun comic, the quality difference between both of the comics is huge and it has one of the best Todd Nauck arts he's ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    His JSA comic is not good, I'm finding it very bad, but on the other hand, the Stargirl is great! It's a really fun comic, the quality difference between both of the comics is huge and it has one of the best Todd Nauck arts he's ever done!
    This is what I hear. I plan on grabbing the Stargirl trade at some point, the premise sounded fun and I love Todd, he's not only a great artist but a really good guy, who took the time to hang out on the old DC message boards with me and some of the other posters way back in the day.

The JSA roster looks exactly like one that I fan-casted (minus Huntress), so I was really happy about that, and Janin is a top shelf talent but I hear nothing but bad things about this run. I very much wanna give it a chance, but can't justify it.

But I'm all in on Stargirl. Love the Star-person mantle, from Ted to 1 Million.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I'm not a big fan of Jay having some heretofore unknown daughter either. But Jay is a great character who rarely gets a starring role, so I'll just deal with the dumb kid plotline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Jay having some heretofore unknown daughter either. But Jay is a great character who rarely gets a starring role, so I'll just deal with the dumb kid plotline.
    I can see your point about Jay's daughter, but that boat sailed with Infinity Inc. And was solidified with things like Jesse Quick and Jack Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Adams does seem to know how to make kid characters likeable though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I can see your point about Jay's daughter, but that boat sailed with Infinity Inc. And was solidified with things like Jesse Quick and Jack Knight.
    Yeah but it's actually important to Jay as a character and how he interacted with the rest of his found family that he never had children with Joan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah but it's actually important to Jay as a character and how he interacted with the rest of his found family that he never had children with Joan.
    Exactly this.