Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Considering Johns was angry over 9 years of hard work being erased out of continuity, it makes sense to what he's doing with the JSA.
    Introducing a lot of new characters he may never have the time / space / interest to do anything with makes sense?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not really. Remember, most superhero books from DC ended in the early 1950s or were changed to mostly non-superhero features.

Superheroes did start making a resurgence after Showcase #4 presented a new, updated version of The Flash, but it's not as if DC suddenly revived a bunch of the Golden Age characters as they were in their own solo titles. Aside from the Golden Age era Wonder Woman taking over the Wonder Woman comic book for about a year or so back in the 1970s (when she was the focus of a major network TV show), very few of the Golden Age characters have had their own solo books in the Silver Age or later. (And those characters who might have, like Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aquaman, etc., were basically newer somewhat separate versions of those Golden Age characters.)
    Its more that these characters have been around for so long, nearly a century at this point, that its pretty crazy that many of them have never gotten another book again.

Like Jay Garrick has been a character since 1940, so the fact this is his 2nd title in all that time is honestly astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its more that these characters have been around for so long, nearly a century at this point, that its pretty crazy that many of them have never gotten another book again.

Like Jay Garrick has been a character since 1940, so the fact this is his 2nd title in all that time is honestly astonishing
    But then again, how many times had he shown up in The Flash, Justice League of America, and the 1970's run of All-Star Comics / Adventure Comics in the pre-CoIE days?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like he's introducing a lot of new characters and concepts that I'm not sure they'll have the space to do anything with. Though at least Judy gets this mini.
    Let’s just hope they end up better than the Titans between Infinite Crisis and One Year Later.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Introducing a lot of new characters he may never have the time / space / interest to do anything with makes sense?
    His ultimatum is bridging the JSA and Legion, he added in the idea that the New52 happened because the JSA didn't inspire Clark to become Superboy (correct me if I'm wrong if that was already canon with the JSA inspirijng Clark as Superboy, minus the New52). So it does make sense, his filling up an already cluttered bunch of characters to make the JSA important to the overall grand scheme of things. Will that work out? Who knows. We gotta wait to see where this New Golden Age is heading.

His ultimatum is bridging the JSA and Legion, he added in the idea that the New52 happened because the JSA didn't inspire Clark to become Superboy (correct me if I'm wrong if that was already canon with the JSA inspirijng Clark as Superboy, minus the New52). So it does make sense, his filling up an already cluttered bunch of characters to make the JSA important to the overall grand scheme of things. Will that work out? Who knows. We gotta wait to see where this New Golden Age is heading.
    I wasn't aware that DC ever tried to say Superman / Superboy was or wasn't inspired by the JSA, but there were periods where I wasn't really following comic books that closely.

Was this maybe something from Doomsday Cluck (which I avoided like the plague)?

I wasn't aware that DC ever tried to say Superman / Superboy was or wasn't inspired by the JSA, but there were periods where I wasn't really following comic books that closely.

Was this maybe something from Doomsday Cluck (which I avoided like the plague)?
    It does come from DDC.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 05-11-2023 at 06:59 PM.

The idea does come from DDC.
    Does anybody besides Geoff Johns consider that "canon"?

Does anybody besides Geoff Johns consider that "canon"?
    DDC probably would've been more influential if it had came out when it was supposed to come out. Crazy to think that in 2019, that DC was far removed from Rebirth already. The Didio years will be looked upon as being so damn knee-jerk.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 05-11-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

DAMMIT DC! Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!
    I cannot wait to get my hands on this book.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    DAMMIT DC! Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!
    I cannot wait to get my hands on this book.
    I'm cautiously optimistic after what they've been doing with the JSA. Thankfully Johns isn't writing this mini series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Considering Johns was angry over 9 years of hard work being erased out of continuity, it makes sense to what he's doing with the JSA.
    His Huntress book makes zero sense. I'm not not even going to call it a JSA book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The first arc is a new origin for Huntress. From issue 6 onwards there'll probably be much more focus on other characters (6 and 7 will probably focus most on Courtney and Jay because of the Lost Children).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    His Huntress book makes zero sense. I'm not not even going to call it a JSA book.
    What I see is the reintroduction of a Helena Wayne Huntress. That's a step towards bringing back something closer to a traditional Bronze Age (All-Star Comics revival era) JSA. I get it and I like the intent. The time jumping is a technique to show how the revived JSA fits into whatever DC continuity is this week. That being said, the presentation is lacking in a book which is going to be on many old time fans pull lists and those fans have a much better idea of what they like in their comics.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What I see is the reintroduction of a Helena Wayne Huntress. That's a step towards bringing back something closer to a traditional Bronze Age (All-Star Comics revival era) JSA. I get it and I like the intent. The time jumping is a technique to show how the revived JSA fits into whatever DC continuity is this week. That being said, the presentation is lacking in a book which is going to be on many old time fans pull lists and those fans have a much better idea of what they like in their comics.
    It’s also building up Per Degaton as a bigger threat.