Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s also building up Per Degaton as a bigger threat.
    Nothing can match Degaton supplying FDR with a Japanese VCR with a tape of him and FDR's staff amazed at how advanced the Japanese were.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

By the way, one panel from Justice Society of America #1:

And now from Stargirl: The Lost Children #6:

Oh, and this was in Justice Society of America #4:

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Nobody knows much about Judy.

She was mentioned back in the Stargirl Spring Break Special a while ago . . .

BANNED

This mini is going to be fun

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

How many times has Johns used this trope now? At least it's not written on a chalk board this time.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    How many times has Johns used this trope now? At least it's not written on a chalk board this time.
    Yeah, Johns loves his obvious hints and foreshadowing. I feel bad getting so annoyed with him because he seems like a nice guy, but his writing is so grating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yeah, Johns loves his obvious hints and foreshadowing. I feel bad getting so annoyed with him because he seems like a nice guy, but his writing is so grating at times.
    And, of course, how much of this focuses on his latest toys?

I'm assuming
    * Beware! Eclipso is within! = Johns' resurrected Dr. Midnight (Beth) and Wildcat (Yolanda)
    * Only the Green Lantern can save the Red Lantern = "Golden Age" Red Lantern
    * Jay Garrick will find Joy again = Judy Garrick
    * Do not trust the Witch Girl = Salem
    The only other one, "The Sandman's nightmare will wear his mask", I'm assuming ties in to Joshua Williamson's upcoming Knight Terrors summer event.

Meanwhile, will Johns ever address the many questions others have had regarding what the current history / situation is with all the other past and present members?

Extraordinary Member

And, of course, how much of this focuses on his latest toys?

I'm assuming
    * Beware! Eclipso is within! = Johns' resurrected Dr. Midnight (Beth) and Wildcat (Yolanda)
    * Only the Green Lantern can save the Red Lantern = "Golden Age" Red Lantern
    * Jay Garrick will find Joy again = Judy Garrick
    * Do not trust the Witch Girl = Salem
    The only other one, "The Sandman's nightmare will wear his mask", I'm assuming ties in to Joshua Williamson's upcoming Knight Terrors summer event.

Meanwhile, will Johns ever address the many questions others have had regarding what the current history / situation is with all the other past and present members?
    I believe it refers to the Wesley Dodds Sandman miniseries that comes at along with Jay and Alan’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I believe it refers to the Wesley Dodds Sandman miniseries that comes at along with Jay and Alan’s.
    Yeah, that's another possibility.

From the October 2023 solicitations:

main cover by JORGE CORONA

JAY GARRICK: THE FLASH #1
    Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by DIEGO OLORTEGUI
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Variant cover by SERG ACUNA
    Golden Age foil cover by JORGE CORONA ($5.99 US)
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/17/23
    Spinning out of the events of Stargirl: The Lost Children and Justice Society of America, Jay Garrick is reunited with his long-lost daughter, Judy. After being pulled from the timeline, Judy returns to a world where she and her dad aren’t the only ones that ride the lightning, but is there enough space for her in Jay and Joan’s life? And can they keep up with their teenage daughter and make up for lost time?
    variant cover by SERG ACUNA
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-octobe...20DC%20Comics.

So adorable .

Incredible Member

From the October 2023 solicitations:https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-octobe...20DC%20Comics.
    Hey does this mean Joan’s still alive? I remember everyone debating that during his Flash

Yeah, the solicit does say she's alive, which confused me, as Jay was in a bar in the first issue of One Minute War lamenting that he didn't have anyone. I assumed he'd been widowed, and that would make sense, as Joan, like Jay, should be about 100 years old, and unlike Jay, doesn't have the Speed Force retarding her aging.

Judy's supposed to have been born in the late 40s (she's from the 60s but time travelled to see Jay in his prime) so if she hadn't been trapped on that island she'd be in her 70s herself. She's roughly 60 years younger than she should be. Sadly, the same can't be said of Joan.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-03-2023 at 03:03 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the solicit does say she's alive, which confused me, as Jay was in a bar in the first issue of One Minute War lamenting that he didn't have anyone. I assumed he'd been widowed, and that would make sense, as Joan, like Jay, should be about 100 years old, and unlike Jay, doesn't have the Speed Force retarding her aging.
    Fairly easy to handwave away, though… living with Jay for decades has exposed Joan to residual Speed Force and/or Ian Karkull energy, keeping her younger than her actual years. Honestly, Joan and Molly remaining young(-ish) is much easier to explain than, say, Wendy Tyler.