Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Good point about Forge's machine. It's also possible the Five won't walk away from the Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Good point about Forge's machine. It's also possible the Five won't walk away from the Gala.
    We know killing hope is enough to stop resurrections because no one can replace her.

Yeah I think that forge’s machine was a setup for fall of x because if they wanted they could easily just say “ok you’re all clean and resurrections can be continued normally “.

Also if orchis had some weird poison for a treehouse who knows if they don’t have any poisons for Krakoa

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    It will be probably rough but I believe his death might lead to changes in krakoa.
    There can be changes without him dying, specially considering he was one of the mutants most pushing for them. It's the old hack writer trick of killing a character to establish a new villain as badass, exactly what Hickman wanted to avoid with the Resurrection protocols.

So many possibilities, and then we have Orchis potentially poisoning Krakoa which could mean a lot of things. It's possible they may be forced to move resurrection operations elsewhere if they're still even happening.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

At least the earlier things go wrong for Scott the less likely they are to go wrong later, right? Right?

Interesting list of suspects.

Who Is The New Captain Krakoa?
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2023/05/06/...aptain-krakoa/

USAgent (John Walker)

"If I were a betting man, this is where I’d put my money. Walker has long been a right-wing borderline fascist, and during the events of Devil’s Reign, he crossed that line as the leader of the Thunderbolts. He even came directly into conflict with the X-Men in the franchise’s tie-in mini series, and threatened to bring the Treehouse to the ground. The X-Men outright embarrassed him in that encounter, which would easily drive him into the mindset we see here. Add his white wardrobe, his watch face that looks very similar to the shields he’s slung as USAgent, and that white crewcut, and I would be frankly surprised if it’s anyone else. Walker is almost definitely our man."

But this year the Gala will be held in Mykines (Faroe Islands, Denmark) or in Krakoa? I am confused ha ha ha. Why aren't they in Krakoa? Or do they have Gates into other islands and it's a super extended party?lol

With Cable being captured by Orchis I wonder if it's during the Gala, and if so I wonder if any more mutants get captured by Orchis and their new Sentinels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    But this year the Gala will be held in Mykines (Faroe Islands, Denmark) or in Krakoa? I am confused ha ha ha. Why aren't they in Krakoa? Or do they have Gates into other islands and it's a super extended party?lol
    All the Galas have been held in Mykines, seems those who were invited to the Gala are able to use the gates to get there.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We cut to Steve Rogers in Brooklyn, sitting outside a cafe sketching the neighborhood. He hears from the television inside an emergency news report of "a dangerous and developing situation has been reported at the nation's Capitol building." Immediately Rogers is on his motorcycle in his Captain America costume and connects to the Avengers emergency frequency. He asks what's happening at the Capitol and says he's heading to a jet. He's on a bridge when his motorcycle seems to become off-balance and pulls him to the left. He tells whoever may be listening that he might be in trouble.

Sure enough he is as the bridge explodes. Cap dives into the river and the caption box tells us it's been a while since he was the target of assassins. Though he obviously dislikes it, it makes him feel alive. As he hits the water he's thinking "whoever's behind this is gonna have to try harder", then becomes impressed as he is surrounded by assassins twenty feet underwater.

We've seen these unlettered pages as the Orchis team tries to choke him with a wire. As he's fighting back one of them stabs him in the shoulder with a knife. Suddenly he's lifted up, green energy signature around him.

"...you know as well as I do what this means for everybody. Human and mutant."

Part 3

We're in the home of Emily Preston, she and her children sitting around their dinner table. Ellie (Deadpool's daughter I believe?) doesn't want to eat her brussels sprouts. Suddenly a bright light shines through the window into their dining room. Emily runs outside saying "I swear, Deadpool, whatever this is - I'm gonna drop kick you into the East River... My god!"

did you scan all the uncanny avengers pages? I hesitate to read your summary or wait to read myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    did you scan all the uncanny avengers pages? I hesitate to read your summary or wait to read myself lol
    There's 3 other pages from the Cap/Rogue story I didn't scan. See if you can read it on the 10th when Marvel gives out the digital code and if for some reason you can't then you can catch up with the summary.

It’s probably just Speed Demon, under some kind of influence again.

He did that with Captain America’s costume too some time ago.

Re-reading Devil's Reign X-Men #1 just now I can see why that website thinks US Agent/John Walker is a prime suspect. Following Mayor Kingpin's orders he tried to get the Treehouse removed from Central Park, called the X-Men "freaks", and got owned by the team. Also Scott was dressed as Captain Krakoa when the confrontation happened. And Duggan wrote it so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    With Cable being captured by Orchis I wonder if it's during the Gala, and if so I wonder if any more mutants get captured by Orchis and their new Sentinels.

All the Galas have been held in Mykines, seems those who were invited to the Gala are able to use the gates to get there.

Scott vs evil ck is during the gala so I assume everything what is happening in fcbd is during the gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Scott vs evil ck is during the gala so I assume everything what is happening in fcbd is during the gala.
    it's def during the Gala, with the Orchis follower taking the Capt. Krakoa suit and attacking the Capitol as well as Destiny and Mystique hurrying out of the Gala I'm simply taking a guess that Orchis and the human gov will retaliate against mutants by attacking them with these new sentinels. Cable is said to have been captured by Orchis as well in the description of CoTV, so I'm just assuming it all takes place during the Gala since it pretty much kicks off the events of that book.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

So this is how they bring Deadpool on to UA. Are these the O*N*E Sentinels with Stark tech and pilots?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    "If I were a betting man, this is where I’d put my money. Walker has long been a right-wing borderline fascist, and during the events of Devil’s Reign, he crossed that line as the leader of the Thunderbolts. He even came directly into conflict with the X-Men in the franchise’s tie-in mini series, and threatened to bring the Treehouse to the ground. The X-Men outright embarrassed him in that encounter, which would easily drive him into the mindset we see here. Add his white wardrobe, his watch face that looks very similar to the shields he’s slung as USAgent, and that white crewcut, and I would be frankly surprised if it’s anyone else. Walker is almost definitely our man."
    I dislike that opinions like the one in that article somehow spread across the internet and someone might take it as fact. Walker's history shows he is anything but that description. He can be incompetent and egotistical but he is a hero and absolutely believes in freedom for all.