Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I think Walker is a likely suspect. Not because I believe he would do that (wanting a war againts mutants? murdering american people?), but because it would not surprise me if a mediocre writer turned him into a real facist to get some likes on twitter.
    A writer who, like the person who wrote that article, didn't read the story where it's revealed that Walker was "working" for Fisk in order to gather evidences against him.
    But as far as Captain America wannabes go, my first thought was Nuke.

The suit looks very much like Fantomex's and we know that guy has no morals. But he doesn't give a **** about humans

What about Tom Corsi? Maybe he's disgusted to see Acolytes and Empath walking freely in Krakoa, not to mention Frenzy being seen as a hero, and by the fact Charlie didn't even bother to make a copy of Sharon's mind. Maybe that broke him.
    Also that would be in line with the character assassination of Moira.
    How would Corsi even know about the Ressurection Protocols much less him or Friedlander being "backed-up" when neither are mutants?

Oh, right, I forget the entire roster of Avengers was backed-up to Cerebro/Cerebra years ago, hence Steve Rogers and his shield's miraculous resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How would Corsi even know about the Ressurection Protocols much less him or Friedlander being "backed-up" when neither are mutants?

Oh, right, I forget the entire roster of Avengers was backed-up to Cerebro/Cerebra years ago, hence Steve Rogers and his shield's miraculous resurrection.
    Did Corsi died ? I cannot remember. Last I saw of him it was in Generation X a while ago.
    Also, the whole world know about ressurection since AXE, even though they lack the particular knowledge of how it's done I think.

Didn't they just made an exceptional emergency save of Roger's mind only ? I don't remember them doing the other Avengers but I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Did Corsi died ? I cannot remember. Last I saw of him it was in Generation X a while ago.
    Also, the whole world know about ressurection since AXE, even though they lack the particular knowledge of how it's done I think.

Didn't they just made an exceptional emergency save of Roger's mind only ? I don't remember them doing the other Avengers but I may be wrong.
    Yeah they secured Cap's DNA on the spot and Xavier was doing back-ups in real time. That's how Kurt was able to remember each of his deaths and adjust his plans to reach Moira.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, something tells me Fall of X is going to be very rough for Cyclops fans.
    Fro a cyclop fans suffering is natural state of being. Almost as being Spiderman fan.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So basically Captain Krakoa is going to act like Classic Magneto pretty much and just kill humans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Fro a cyclop fans suffering is natural state of being. Almost as being Spiderman fan.
    I am not sure what is worse, Cyclops dying or being kept in this book.

There are worse things than death for comic characters. Bad writers being at the top of the list.

Honestly a little annoyed that this whole thing is just pretty bog standard anti-mutant group stuff. Seriously, fake a mutant attack and use that to crackdown on mutants with Sentinels is so basic.

I was honestly hoping for something that grew out of all the sketchy stuff they've done for the last few years instead of yet another situation they can just blame on the cartoon racists and sweep under the rug.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Which is why I've said and thought for a good while now that Cyclops and Spider-Man have a surprising lot in common, the major differences between them lying in their public faces --- Cyclops is reserved and stoic, ever the "Fearless Leader" of the X-Men and/or mutantkind, and Spider-Man is the snarky quip-slinger, both hiding deep-seated insecurities and angst, as well as overdeveloped responsibility complexes inspired by the lessons passed to them by their father figures. Not to mention, they both have crazed geneticists obsessed with their DNA, robots made specifically to kill them (though the robots after Cyclops typically target anyone with an X-gene), and their most iconic love interests are both a redhead and a blonde (Mary Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy, or Felicia Hardy/Black Cat if platinum blonde counts, for Spidey, Jean Grey and Emma Frost for Cyke).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I went to the comic store for the first time in several weeks to get this issue. I missed out on the first Uncanny Avengers series years go as I was on an extended break from reading the X-men. I will probably follow this story to see where it goes. I like Duggan as a writer and I enjoy a few of the cast (namely M, Rogue, and Psylocke).

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly a little annoyed that this whole thing is just pretty bog standard anti-mutant group stuff. Seriously, fake a mutant attack and use that to crackdown on mutants with Sentinels is so basic.

I was honestly hoping for something that grew out of all the sketchy stuff they've done for the last few years instead of yet another situation they can just blame on the cartoon racists and sweep under the rug.
    Orchis may be "cartoon racists," as you put it, but in light of what's being set up in the other titles since the end of Sins of Sinister, it does look like a lot of the Fall of X will be prompted as much by the proverbial chickens coming home to roost as by Orchis's machinations.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not sure what is worse, Cyclops dying or being kept in this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    There are worse things than death for comic characters. Bad writers being at the top of the list.
    Cyclops is lucky. He gets to set out the upcoming mess and then get revived at a later point.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Orchis may be "cartoon racists," as you put it, but in light of what's being set up in the other titles since the end of Sins of Sinister, it does look like a lot of the Fall of X will be prompted as much by the proverbial chickens coming home to roost as by Orchis's machinations.
    Which chickens exactly?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Cyclops is lucky. He gets to set out the upcoming mess and then get revived at a later point.

Which chickens exactly?
    Mostly I'm thinking that with Moira XI having full knowledge of what happened in the Sins of Sinister timeline and still being part of Orchis, she'll likely reveal those events to the general human public during this year's Hellfire Gala to turn them against mutantkind, in the vein of, "The mutants really can't be trusted, they really do want to subjugate and/or murder you all for being 'inferior' to them, and their advancements and achievements were largely facilitated by a quasi-immortal Nazi scientist they kept on their ruling council until he subverted them all."

This preview on FCBD was horrid. The more I read Duggan the more I see that he has no idea who Cyclops is. He's pretty bad and I want Scott away from him. He writes Cyclops so dumb. It's offensive

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

But as Huntsman Spider pointed out in the new "who's Captain Krakoa?" thread, Orchis' true goal is to kill off both mutants and humans. It's something I kinda forgot and it's reframing my thinking of things. Hell, now I'm wondering if the soldier was bluffing when he said he was just a man and it's someone like Bastion. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!