Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default FCBD: Uncanny Avengers - Recap/Spoilers

Part 1

Opening page:

"...by the mutant precog known as Destiny."

We're at the Hellfire Gala, Destiny and Mystique in their outfits (we've seen unlettered images of this page).

Destiny: Something's happening.
    Mystique: Here on Mykines?

Destiny drops her glass. She says a solider "has returned to the field of battle and matters are more complicated. Where's Rogue?" Mystique says Rogue just flew off at mach three. Destiny says they must leave now and Mystique says they need to wait for Rogue if there's danger. Destiny says Rogue will find them when the time is right, pulls Mystique by the arm and they leave the Gala through a gate.

The mysterious solider stands in front of the Captain Krakoa suit which is inside a viewing case held by Krakoan vines. Caption box tells us "the mutant nation-state of Krakoa must fall if humanity is to be the master of its domain" as the soldier jabs the vines with a syringe bearing the Orchis logo. The display case starts to shake when Cyclops emerges from a gate telling the solider to stop what he's doing. We've seen this page as the two start fighting. Cyclops asks the solider if he really thought he could waltz into the home of the X-Men undetected. Soldier says "Far from it. I wanted a fair fight. It's been a while."

Cyclops: Who are you?
    Soldier: I'm just a man.

Cyclops hits him with an optic blast which knocks him across the room. Cyclops radioes to Forge telling him they have a problem at the Treehouse and he thinks it's been poisoned. (Blightswill?) Cyclops is sucker punched from behind by the soldier and beaten to the ground.

Soldier: The hubris of you mutants. I tell you the truth, that "I'm just a man" and what do you do? You turn your back on me. You think me less than you when in fact, I am more.

The soldier is now wearing the Captain Krakoa suit. He says Captain Krakoa is needed tonight in Washington, DC. He drags barely conscious Scott to a high ledge outside the Treehouse and asks him if he prefers flames or gravity. Cyclops moans faintly.

Solider: Dealer's choice, then gravity it is.

He throws Scott off the ledge with great speed and power, and Scott hits the ground with a terrible crash, bystanders nearby. He's almost certainly dead. Caption box tells us, "In times of strife, the symbols of nations can be vital to their survival..."

Part 2

"... you yield your time to Captain Krakoa." It's the solider dressed as CK. He punches an assistant as he tries to run out.

Fake Captain Krakoa: Who remembers what Magneto told your ambassadors in Jerusalem?
    Frightened intel official: "Y-you have new gods now."
    Fake Captain Krakoa: Yes... and your gods are angry.

He uses his teeth to pull out the pins from two grenades he's holding.
    Last edited by JB; 05-06-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

We cut to Steve Rogers in Brooklyn, sitting outside a cafe sketching the neighborhood. He hears from the television inside an emergency news report of "a dangerous and developing situation has been reported at the nation's Capitol building." Immediately Rogers is on his motorcycle in his Captain America costume and connects to the Avengers emergency frequency. He asks what's happening at the Capitol and says he's heading to a jet. He's on a bridge when his motorcycle seems to become off-balance and pulls him to the left. He tells whoever may be listening that he might be in trouble.

Sure enough he is as the bridge explodes. Cap dives into the river and the caption box tells us it's been a while since he was the target of assassins. Though he obviously dislikes it, it makes him feel alive. As he hits the water he's thinking "whoever's behind this is gonna have to try harder", then becomes impressed as he is surrounded by assassins twenty feet underwater.

We've seen these unlettered pages as the Orchis team tries to choke him with a wire. As he's fighting back one of them stabs him in the shoulder with a knife. Suddenly he's lifted up, green energy signature around him.

"...you know as well as I do what this means for everybody. Human and mutant."

Part 3

We're in the home of Emily Preston, she and her children sitting around their dinner table. Ellie (Deadpool's daughter I believe?) doesn't want to eat her brussels sprouts. Suddenly a bright light shines through the window into their dining room. Emily runs outside saying "I swear, Deadpool, whatever this is - I'm gonna drop kick you into the East River... My god!"

Last edited by JB; 05-06-2023 at 10:10 AM.

So there we have it. The Captain Krakoa suit stolen and used to commit a false flag attack at the Capitol. Cyclops presumably killed and the Treehouse up in flames (as shown in Timeless) after possibly being poisoned. Destiny and Mystique vacate the Gala as fast as they can as it seems it's about to be attacked. The birth of the new Uncanny Avengers as Rogue rescues Cap, and it seems the US government has officially joined forces with Orchis as they are patrolling for mutants with Sentinels. July can't come soon enough.

It's clear that the fake Captain Krakoa is CBR user gonnagiveittoya, who has used Magneto's words to seed doubt and fear on these boards for years.

Sounds like a cool set up for the Fall of X.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Unless you're a Cyclops fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Unless you're a Cyclops fan.
    Yeah, something tells me Fall of X is going to be very rough for Cyclops fans.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It will be probably rough but I believe his death might lead to changes in krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah it was a brutal scene. I heard rumblings about his fate but it's another thing to read/see it. I'm very curious about who this "soldier" is that has returned.

Fall of X is gonna start with a bang it seems, cant wait for the Gala even more now. Also it’s hilarious that instead of telling idk the people that are at the Gala that its going to be attacked that she instead runs out of there with her wife.

With Hope performing less resurrections and the Gala about to be attacked and as we know thanks to the CoTV description that many mutants might be captured by Orchis. Its sounding like this death may stick for a long while…
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

I'm not feeling those "Stark Tech Sentinels". They still feel and look like the same ill designed and butch mechanism of mass destruction and little efficiency from decades ago just with a "Iron Man" face plate slapped on them.

Seemingly because the writers can't think of any way to improve or upgrade Sentinels anymore (or don't want to because of feeling obliged to keep the "classic" design as standard), despite the old design never really succeeding past one particular alternate future. Which should have encouraged constant upgrades and innovations, especially since the massive amount of resources and money that would been required to build these old machines.

It's been 25 years since the Prime Sentinels and 23 since the Wild Sentinels, but nothing worth of note again since.

Considering Iron Man is most famous for his human sized power armors and machines, just slapping his face plate on a classic Sentinel feels like wasted potential and it seems very likely these Sentinels are just as easily destroyed after a brief "honeymoon" period where writers will try to make them a big deal as the classic Mark 2s.

A bang—or an actual fall—indeed.

Possible outcomes:

• Scott doesn't die but is radicalized.
    • Scott dies and is resurrected using an outdated back-up.
    • Scott dies and is resurrected but is compromised (Sinister DNA activated?).
    • Scott dies, and Orchis intercepts resurrections.
    • Scott dies, but the Quiet Council has temporarily ceased resurrections.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

So, are they just ignoring when the U.S. briefly declared war on Krakoa because of Beast, who testifies before congress to soothe them before calling them 'disgusting monsters'? Is the writer just ignoring what Percy has been doing?

Also, Hope is doing less resurrections? Then how is Beast going to be revived as his Avengers' era self like the hints are going?

Also, poor Cyclops.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Also, Jbenito i want to say you're a legend for scanning these pages and posting them, thanks for the work
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Also, Jbenito i want to say you're a legend for scanning these pages and posting them, thanks for the work
    Oh it's my pleasure and thank you! Duggan, Cassara, and Gracia did a beautiful job (Garron and Hollowell too) and I know some people won't have access to the issue so I wanted them to see it. Cassara just gets better and better.
    Last edited by JB; 05-06-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A bang—or an actual fall—indeed.

Possible outcomes:

• Scott doesn't die but is radicalized.
    • Scott dies and is resurrected using an outdated back-up.
    • Scott dies and is resurrected but is compromised (Sinister DNA activated?).
    • Scott dies, and Orchis intercepts resurrections.
    • Scott dies, but the Quiet Council has temporarily ceased resurrections.

The most possible outcome (imo) are
    1. rest of Krakoa will find out about sinister and sos and they’ll be against resurrections until they find a way to confirm Hope was purified.
    2. Or it seems to me that orchis wants usa “approval” to attack Krakoa. So orchis will attack Krakoa and destroy forge’s machine that was used in latest immortal X-men issue (while mutants are the gala that takes place on different island)

I think reducing a number of resurrections was a setup for fall of x to completely stop resurrections.