Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

As soon as I read this my first thought was Captain Krakoa is really Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting list of suspects.

Who Is The New Captain Krakoa?
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2023/05/06/...aptain-krakoa/

USAgent (John Walker)

"If I were a betting man, this is where I’d put my money. Walker has long been a right-wing borderline fascist, and during the events of Devil’s Reign, he crossed that line as the leader of the Thunderbolts. He even came directly into conflict with the X-Men in the franchise’s tie-in mini series, and threatened to bring the Treehouse to the ground. The X-Men outright embarrassed him in that encounter, which would easily drive him into the mindset we see here. Add his white wardrobe, his watch face that looks very similar to the shields he’s slung as USAgent, and that white crewcut, and I would be frankly surprised if it’s anyone else. Walker is almost definitely our man."
    Agreed. U.S.Agent John Walker is likely the man who broke into the X-Men’s HQ and attacked Scott. When he tried forcing his way into the Treehouse, he was challenged by Jean and deterred by Emma, equipped with the U.N.’s support.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So this is how they bring Deadpool on to UA. Are these the O*N*E Sentinels with Stark tech and pilots?

I dislike that opinions like the one in that article somehow spread across the internet and someone might take it as fact. Walker's history shows he is anything but that description. He can be incompetent and egotistical but he is a hero and absolutely believes in freedom for all.
    I actually have to agree. I don't think the author of the article actually knows anything about John Walker.

We cut to Steve Rogers in Brooklyn, sitting outside a cafe sketching the neighborhood. He hears from the television inside an emergency news report of "a dangerous and developing situation has been reported at the nation's Capitol building." Immediately Rogers is on his motorcycle in his Captain America costume and connects to the Avengers emergency frequency. He asks what's happening at the Capitol and says he's heading to a jet. He's on a bridge when his motorcycle seems to become off-balance and pulls him to the left. He tells whoever may be listening that he might be in trouble.

Sure enough he is as the bridge explodes. Cap dives into the river and the caption box tells us it's been a while since he was the target of assassins. Though he obviously dislikes it, it makes him feel alive. As he hits the water he's thinking "whoever's behind this is gonna have to try harder", then becomes impressed as he is surrounded by assassins twenty feet underwater.

We've seen these unlettered pages as the Orchis team tries to choke him with a wire. As he's fighting back one of them stabs him in the shoulder with a knife. Suddenly he's lifted up, green energy signature around him.

"...you know as well as I do what this means for everybody. Human and mutant."

Part 3

We're in the home of Emily Preston, she and her children sitting around their dinner table. Ellie (Deadpool's daughter I believe?) doesn't want to eat her brussels sprouts. Suddenly a bright light shines through the window into their dining room. Emily runs outside saying "I swear, Deadpool, whatever this is - I'm gonna drop kick you into the East River... My god!"

Since when does Rogue "Synch" with someone to use their powers. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    As soon as I read this my first thought was Captain Krakoa is really Nuke.
    He's another interesting suspect with history with Cap and Deadpool (and Wolverine). I could see Orchis utilizing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Agreed. U.S.Agent John Walker is likely the man who broke into the X-Men’s HQ and attacked Scott. When he tried forcing his way into the Treehouse, he was challenged by Jean and deterred by Emma, equipped with the U.N.’s support.

It's a great scene, thanks for posting!

With Orchis there's also always the strong possibility of mind control as they just used Kurt to commit false flag murders. This soldier seems to be working on a specific timetable and fearlessly walked into what should be a high security government building. Had he been stopped and apprehended, I can see Orchis using someone that isn't directly link to them. They just want war between several nations and Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

CK...it's Stryker

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Yeah, something tells me Fall of X is going to be very rough for Cyclops fans.
    You're putting it lightly. I'd say it opened with his death from Plot Induced Stupidity, but stupidity is smarter than how he was written there.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You're putting it lightly. I'd say it opened with his death from Plot Induced Stupidity, but stupidity is smarter than how he was written there.
    I think 'Plot Induced Stupidity' sums up this entire era.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

So this is how they bring Deadpool on to UA. Are these the O*N*E Sentinels with Stark tech and pilots?

I dislike that opinions like the one in that article somehow spread across the internet and someone might take it as fact. Walker's history shows he is anything but that description. He can be incompetent and egotistical but he is a hero and absolutely believes in freedom for all.
    And he’s not “just a man”
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Why do I get the feeling that this (whatever this is) is going to be nothing but a colossal overpriced yawnfest?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that this (whatever this is) is going to be nothing but a colossal overpriced yawnfest?
    I think that's a given. I'm only here to see how this train-wreck ends, and how Beast is handled. Almost everything about this era has alienated me from the X-Men.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Since when does Rogue "Synch" with someone to use their powers. lol
    Right?!

Even using her extended absorption, she doesn't work like Synch and that's kind of important. And why would she randomly "synch" with Polaris and why is she in her regular uniform at the Gala?

Incredible Member

Werent they saying the Fantomex will be showing up again soon. I know he is mutant and has been interactive in the x-men orbit. But he also is a freelancer and morally screwed indepent from Karoka, who is an expert theft. And this is a theft. And knows about the resurrection (although not about sinister dna in the new bodies, which I predict that will come out during the gala and be the big fallout) so thinking Cyclops could be resurrected and thus killing him was not really killing him. And of the two ways to kill, fire or throwing him off the building, throwing him off a building is actually the quickest and most merciful (hitting te ground is scarier because you have that time for a moment to be afraid before hitting ground in a second of pain before he dies. Slowly dying by fire is worst). Also the trench coat of theif reminds me of Fantomex, espically the scene of the theft climbing and the way the trench falls straight down. I semi remember a panel of fantomex sorta like that scene, climbing with trench hanging down.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Interesting list of suspects.

Who Is The New Captain Krakoa?
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2023/05/06/...aptain-krakoa/

USAgent (John Walker)

"If I were a betting man, this is where I’d put my money. Walker has long been a right-wing borderline fascist, and during the events of Devil’s Reign, he crossed that line as the leader of the Thunderbolts. He even came directly into conflict with the X-Men in the franchise’s tie-in mini series, and threatened to bring the Treehouse to the ground. The X-Men outright embarrassed him in that encounter, which would easily drive him into the mindset we see here. Add his white wardrobe, his watch face that looks very similar to the shields he’s slung as USAgent, and that white crewcut, and I would be frankly surprised if it’s anyone else. Walker is almost definitely our man."

No, they're created by Feilong/Kelvin Heng combining Stark tech with a mysterious "miracle metal" Howard Stark secretly bequeathed to Tony Stark as his real inheritance, but Feilong got to it first and repurposed it into the Iron Sentinels after taking over Stark Unlimited in the first arc of Duggan's Invincible Iron Man. As for the assertion that the fake Captain Krakoa's true identity is John Walker/USAgent, I should mention that in the Thunderbolts miniseries tying into Dark Reign, it turned out that he joined as their leader in an attempt to find something he could use against "Mayor Fisk" to bring him down lawfully, not because he agreed with Fisk, though it did become a somewhat moot point when Fisk used the Purple Man's power to make him more compliant. Still, a fair amount of writers have made some good headway in drawing a stark contrast between Walker, despite his flaws and parts of his belief system, and actual fascists like the Watchdogs (who were as much Walker's enemies as Steve Rogers's) and the Red Skull, who did secretly bankroll the Watchdogs and also manipulated Walker's rise as the government-sanctioned Captain America in an effort to discredit Captain America, period.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Right?!

Even using her extended absorption, she doesn't work like Synch and that's kind of important. And why would she randomly "synch" with Polaris and why is she in her regular uniform at the Gala?
    Lol not me being more upset about the uniform than the inconsistent power usage thing.

I just want her in a banging Gala look alongside her mothers. Evil Christmas Tree Topper looks for everyone in the Adler-Darkholme clan!