Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It would actually be kind of interesting given the idea of conduits etc, that What if Moira's abilities just reset time for all of those who have an x-gene and in the end orichis is hiding every future where humanity denied that mutant was a part of that went extinct, giving in to being homo novissimo and ultimately surrendering the essence of humanity to the phalanx.

What if that Sinister Dominion is the moment humanity gave up their id, and the race now is to stop that from being the actual constant. When mutant population reaches 0, humanity loses it's soul.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-07-2023 at 06:25 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also, considering the whole point of the character now is that she thinks the universe revolves around her (which I hate but whatever), it'd be quite the experience to show that it doesn't at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The idea that a mutant, someone who gained super powers from a singular special GENE, has the powers to reboot entire universes back to the point where they were born but only when they die, still feels stupidly convulted to me even by the standard of super hero universes like that of Marvel Comics.

To put this into perspective. Such a feat would require a level of reality warping at an unprecedented scale, because it theoretical affects an infinite distance of space and time. Basicly this mutant has to be the most powerfull being in existence outclassing practically any other known super entity ever.

Which also makes the requirement that the mutant's powers only activate when their life ends all the more oddly limiting.
    After all how is this even supposed to work? Has the mutant basicly wired themself into the fabric of the entire universe when they were born and upon dying they cause everything tied to them to unreval leaving only the fabric of time and space behind as it was before they were born?

And then someone like the Sinisters can't think of something more clever with this universe shattering power than to use it as "safe game system"?

So i'm still expecting some kind of revelation eventualy where it turns out the entire thing does not work as advertised, because it makes very little if any sense outside of being a very convinient plot device to set the current era up.

And in this regard i would consider it much more plausible that Moira X is actualy a unique form of precognitive. Rather than having detached visions of the future ala Destiny and co., she can only see a future based on what she would experience at the moment her powers activate.

Essentialy her powers work by running a simulation on what could happen, recording it from her perspective and then putting this recording in her memories.

Basicly she is a living version of Futurama's "What if" machine.
    As I said from the beginning, if what they say is actually true, them Moira X is the most powerful and important character in the entire Marvel Multiverse.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I never really liked that Age Of Apocalypse survived the arc. It was supposed to actually be an altered 616, which was why the multiverse was all crystallising, and they saved everything just in time by fixing the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    As I said from the beginning, if what they say is actually true, them Moira X is the most powerful and important character in the entire Marvel Multiverse.
    Well, not the entire multiverse as her death affects only the current timeline she's in. And she can't choose which timeline to create next unlike America Chavez who can hop into the timeline of her choice.

Of course, now that I've mentioned America, it raises the question of what happens to a Nexus Being like her who is from another dimension when Moira's death ends the timeline she is currently in. Is America resent to her original universe? In which case, shouldn't she remember what happened to her? Or does she 'die' with the timeline as well? In which case, is she reborn in her original universe as she's a Nexus Being and can't have alternate universe variants? Does that mean a new timeline is created for her universe as well? I think we found Hickman's blindspot.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-08-2023 at 03:08 AM.

BANNED

This is the EXACT same mystery / dilemma at the heart of the Japanese multimedia franchise series Re:Zero https://www.reddit.com/r/Re_Zero/com...s_after_death/ LOL

And in my headcanon , the answer is the same : both Subaru and Moira are Delusional to believe that entire timelines end to reset just because their lives do KEK

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Also, considering the whole point of the character now is that she thinks the universe revolves around her (which I hate but whatever), it'd be quite the experience to show that it doesn't at all.
    Didn't the reveal that Omega Sentinel has kinda the same backstory undermined that already ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Didn't the reveal that Omega Sentinel has kinda the same backstory undermined that already ?
    Not really, that wasn't a reality reset in the same way and she didn't do it nearly as long.

Besides, that just makes another person as important, instead of showing that Moira is really no more important than anyone else.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Moira's powers allows her mind to somehow store and send her memories back in time to a certain starting point. Not sure how we got to this reset the universe nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, but we also saw that she assumes that the universe ended in SoS when it turned out she just died and the universe just kept continuing. Her vision isn't perfect; it isn't even as clear as she thinks it is.
    Disagree. Destiny knew she was going to be killed. She ALSO knew that the SOS-universe would be reset after her death. The 1000-year Juggernaut bullet that Destiny's info "arranged" would have never succeeded if Storm hadn't transported the Moira Engine. There was also that message she left Sinister.

So the universe 'resets'.... So...either
    A) the energy state and location of every quark got stored inside her memories when she was born; and after her previous life annihiliates everything, she creates matter & energy from nothing back to how her baby brain remembered it, then her power goes dormant, OR....
    B) there is a new big bang every time, and 15 billion years happens all over again exactly the same way until she is born, and only then do her powers relax and allow things to happen differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Disagree. Destiny knew she was going to be killed. She ALSO knew that the SOS-universe would be reset after her death. The 1000-year Juggernaut bullet that Destiny's info "arranged" would have never succeeded if Storm hadn't transported the Moira Engine. There was also that message she left Sinister.
    She saw multiple futures, but the immediate one she saw before her death was her assuming the universe was getting reset when it was actually her dying. We've already seen how her power works, and even she doesn't think it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Lol the thought that Eternity is at Moira's mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Omega Sentinal travelled back to the same branching timeline (Moira Xb) that Nimrod’s return earlier had created. It was just standard Marvel time travel into a divergent timeline.

That said, this raises the question of whether branches of earlier Moira lives are also annihilated when she dies, or if only the Moira of the individual timeline can do that (I suspect the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    So the universe 'resets'.... So...either
    A) the energy state and location of every quark got stored inside her memories when she was born; and after her previous life annihiliates everything, she creates matter & energy from nothing back to how her baby brain remembered it, then her power goes dormant, OR....
    B) there is a new big bang every time, and 15 billion years happens all over again exactly the same way until she is born, and only then do her powers relax and allow things to happen differently.
    Reminder that when Kurt’s X-gene is inhibited, his body magically rearranges its atoms to a baseline human form.