Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What if Moira doesn't actually end the universe when she dies?

We never see anything happens after Moira dies because Moira was dead & she cannot know what happens after she is dead. Her power is explicitly stated to be reincarnation, so yeah sure she retains whatever knowledge she collected while she was alive. I think this could give her a chance of redemption: what if a character from a universe from moira's previous life visit current 616 to show her that her work actually mattered & saved the mutants? There are a lot of cool concepts from Moira previous life that I want to see again.

Also, there are a lot of continuity errors that I do not like, & I would not mind if the writers use this device to shove them off a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    We never see anything happens after Moira dies because Moira was dead & she cannot know what happens after she is dead. Her power is explicitly stated to be reincarnation, so yeah sure she retains whatever knowledge she collected while she was alive. I think this could give her a chance of redemption: what if a character from a universe from moira's previous life visit current 616 to show her that her work actually mattered & saved the mutants? There are a lot of cool concepts from Moira previous life that I want to see again.

Also, there are a lot of continuity errors that I do not like, & I would not mind if the writers use this device to shove them off a cliff
    Honestly i never thought that Moira's death ended the universe she was in. In asense yes, as she cannot receret/relive exactly her previous universe(and not just by her own actions. Few seem realize that even choices and acions she has absolutely no possible way to know or interfer with happened in different way ro in the same way...pushin her influence over the course of event down a peg...as it should be for immortal humans or time traveler. There is only so much a single individual can interfere/change plain and simple) but actually she just jump bakc and by the rule of MU she create a new alternate timeline. Essentially the unique aspect of her powers is that she is sort of unicum in multiverse, as there is only ONE moira for all those interactions.

I actually have a theory that Moira X isn't our Moira at all. That she's from another reality and every time she dies she jumps to a new one and overwrites what was originally supposed to happen. That would probably mean the previous reality does continue on after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Honestly i never thought that Moira's death ended the universe she was in. In asense yes, as she cannot receret/relive exactly her previous universe(and not just by her own actions. Few seem realize that even choices and acions she has absolutely no possible way to know or interfer with happened in different way ro in the same way...pushin her influence over the course of event down a peg...as it should be for immortal humans or time traveler. There is only so much a single individual can interfere/change plain and simple) but actually she just jump bakc and by the rule of MU she create a new alternate timeline. Essentially the unique aspect of her powers is that she is sort of unicum in multiverse, as there is only ONE moira for all those interactions.

actually, there is at least 1 other alternate universe moira w/ reincarnation power

Immortal X-Men kind of disproves this idea. Once Sinister started using his Moira Engine, Destiny could only see as far as he lasts before using it. Because after he'd use it, that particular timeline just ended. The future didn't open back up for her until the Moira clones were depowered and the Engine destroyed.

I think it was state on panel that her powers litteraly destroyed the timeline she was in.
    But I guess there are actually infinite Moira in the infinite multiverse with diverse powers ?
    Like, if Life 3 changes at some point and Moira in that branch doesn't die, that particular branch doesn't die ? That could maybe explain the AoA Moira in that Unlimited story ?
    At this point it's best to keep the headcannon you like XD

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Immortal X-Men kind of disproves this idea. Once Sinister started using his Moira Engine, Destiny could only see as far as he lasts before using it. Because after he'd use it, that particular timeline just ended. The future didn't open back up for her until the Moira clones were depowered and the Engine destroyed.
    Hmm Okay...this is.....disturbing on many level. And make no sense in context of MU alternate reality thing. How effin powerful is Moira for her miserable life have such power(and Destiny...like all precog and timetraveler she is VERY VERY useless 90% of times....)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think it was state on panel that her powers litteraly destroyed the timeline she was in.
    But I guess there are actually infinite Moira in the infinite multiverse with diverse powers ?
    Like, if Life 3 changes at some point and Moira in that branch doesn't die, that particular branch doesn't die ? That could maybe explain the AoA Moira in that Unlimited story ?
    My headcanon is that Moira just creates a sort of shroud for the precog. She kind of suck light fromt he powers, much like she suck all the joy from X-men comic whenever she is present(on the other side she was more interesting for a while...before becoming this...thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Destroy in the same sense as replacing?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Destroy in the same sense as replacing?
    As far as I understood, in the sense of erase.

BANNED

My headcanon is that Moira just creates a sort of shroud for the precog. She kind of suck light fromt he powers, much like she suck all the joy from X-men comic whenever she is present(on the other side she was more interesting for a while...before becoming this...thing)
    I think that could b it: Back in HOX #2, Life 3, Destiny said if Moira coming 2 kill Destiny, Destiny'd foresee her death & prevent it. Flashforward to Life 10 SOS, Storms & The Brotherhood #2, Destiny somehow cannot foresee her death, which allows Storm 2 order Destiny execution.

Moira is a vengeful, crafty woman, I think between Life 3 - Life 10, Moira figured out a way 2 blur a precog vision

Astonishing Member

The idea that a mutant, someone who gained super powers from a singular special GENE, has the powers to reboot entire universes back to the point where they were born but only when they die, still feels stupidly convulted to me even by the standard of super hero universes like that of Marvel Comics.

To put this into perspective. Such a feat would require a level of reality warping at an unprecedented scale, because it theoretical affects an infinite distance of space and time. Basicly this mutant has to be the most powerfull being in existence outclassing practically any other known super entity ever.

Which also makes the requirement that the mutant's powers only activate when their life ends all the more oddly limiting.
    After all how is this even supposed to work? Has the mutant basicly wired themself into the fabric of the entire universe when they were born and upon dying they cause everything tied to them to unreval leaving only the fabric of time and space behind as it was before they were born?

And then someone like the Sinisters can't think of something more clever with this universe shattering power than to use it as "safe game system"?

So i'm still expecting some kind of revelation eventualy where it turns out the entire thing does not work as advertised, because it makes very little if any sense outside of being a very convinient plot device to set the current era up.

And in this regard i would consider it much more plausible that Moira X is actualy a unique form of precognitive. Rather than having detached visions of the future ala Destiny and co., she can only see a future based on what she would experience at the moment her powers activate.

Essentialy her powers work by running a simulation on what could happen, recording it from her perspective and then putting this recording in her memories.

Basicly she is a living version of Futurama's "What if" machine.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-07-2023 at 03:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by emfrst View Post
    I think that could b it: Back in HOX #2, Life 3, Destiny said if Moira coming 2 kill Destiny, Destiny'd foresee her death & prevent it. Flashforward to Life 10 SOS, Storms & The Brotherhood #2, Destiny somehow cannot foresee her death, which allows Storm 2 order Destiny execution.

Moira is a vengeful, crafty woman, I think between Life 3 - Life 10, Moira figured out a way 2 blur a precog vision
    Did she though? I thought it was implied that she foresaw her death coming.

Incredible Member

Actually there is a lot that can change to an universe based off this and Moria making different choices. A butterfy flapping of wings can change the universe, thn a person making different choices can and will change the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Yeah, but we also saw that she assumes that the universe ended in SoS when it turned out she just died and the universe just kept continuing. Her vision isn't perfect; it isn't even as clear as she thinks it is.