Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Sheridan's Shazam was the worst comic of its year so I doubt he's good at anything comic-related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'll give him some fairness since Shazam was saddled with the terrible Future State plotline

Though he did make Red X in Titans Academy far more insufferable than he had to be
    Guys, if you want to "discuss" Tim Sheridan, why not start a separate thread for his upcoming Alan Scott: The Green Lantern title?

That's fair so back to this upcoming GA Sandman mini. It's totally giving me Sandman Mystery Theater vibes with the art. And that's a very good thing.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I might check this out.

Extraordinary Member

Why do they keep putting Riley Rossmo on books?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love noir detective fiction and Sandman Mystery Theatre is just about the best thing DC have ever put out, so this is a must for me. That said, I have never enjoyed a book by Rob Venditti so I really hope this is the exception.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really like the slightly modified design to his look with the straps and extra gas canisters.
    ^^^Same, that really caught my eye and fired up my imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And since it was reposted, I'll repost my theory that those blurred faces are meant to be real world celebrities.
    ^^^Sounds right. I wanna see how many I recognize.

I don't understand why he's not change his facial designs..for me this is the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Why do they keep putting Riley Rossmo on books?
    If it's like most businesses right now, he probably just shows up for work.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Rossmo's art is fun but works in more outlandish stories. So maybe this tale will be more pulp than noir?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Rossmo's art is fun but works in more outlandish stories. So maybe this tale will be more pulp than noir?
    It could be both, especially when you deal with dreams/nightmares.

Rossmo's art here fit surprisingly. I hated it in Robin as I found it extremely exagerated, but here it seems he had toned down a little. As it seems to be based in the Golden Age, I wonder if we'll also see a young Sandy. Would be interesting to see more of them back before the accident that gave Sandy his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Rossmo's art here fit surprisingly. I hated it in Robin as I found it extremely exagerated, but here it seems he had toned down a little. As it seems to be based in the Golden Age, I wonder if we'll also see a young Sandy. Would be interesting to see more of them back before the accident that gave Sandy his powers.
    Sandy originally didn't show up until Wes ditched the gas mask and went with a more conventional superhero look (just before Joe Simon and Jack Kirby took over the feature).
    As for the "accident", if you haven't already read it, that story was first revealed in Justice League of America #113 (September-October 1974).

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I love noir detective fiction and Sandman Mystery Theatre is just about the best thing DC have ever put out, so this is a must for me. That said, I have never enjoyed a book by Rob Venditti so I really hope this is the exception.
    I'll like it if it fits into Sandman Mystery Theatre's continuity. If not, I'll ignore it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Wow! A Sandman mini. I’m definitely picking this up. Looking forward to it. Night Terrors #2 as well.