View Poll Results: Who is the evil Captain Krakoa?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Walker

7 21.21%
  • Frank Castle

0 0%
  • Nuke

7 21.21%
  • William Stryker

4 12.12%
  • Stryfe Somehow

4 12.12%
  • Original Character

5 15.15%
  • Other (please specify)

6 18.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Default Who's Captain Krakoa 3: Your Gods Are Angry

Okay so it turns out literally nobody in the second poll was correct because Captain Krakoa is actually a bad guy in Uncanny Avengers! So now we should guess as to who it really is, with the knowledge we've gleaned from the FCBD issue.

Astonishing Member

Either a revived Stryker or new character

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I feel like Scott would have recognized Stryker at such a close range. Nuke fits all the descriptors and Scott might not recognize his face

Astonishing Member

Some guy named Bob who works in an accounting company?

I bet they're going to find some one to blame this on Beast.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Probably some deep cut. I’m thinking maybe the X-Cutioner.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

It's probably someone I don't know much about, but I kind of like the idea that it's Tom Corsi. He has enhanced strength, speed and agility. Also, military training. I could see how he might turn against mutants, after what's happened to him. His life got turned upside down after the Demon Bear stuff, then there was that mess with Empath, and Sharon's death. Being forgotten in the Krakoan era while Frenzy and Empath are welcomed might be the last straw.

He didn't have grey hair the last time we saw him, though, and it would mean losing yet another human ally.

I don’t remember him. Name is familiar though. I’ll have to look him up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

He was a cop during the Demon Bear Saga where he got mutated. He was a supporting character in New Mutants during Claremont's run after that. He appeared here and there after that.

If Duggan is following Percy's ideas of a mysterious ennemy, I would say the half cousin of the X-cutioner's baker or something.

Extraordinary Member

Someone's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Duggan loves to pull from his previous work so I think he's written this person before. While it's likely a sadistic merc, I'm not ruling out some kind of mind control/manipulation by Orchis. Their whole M.O. right now is creating chaos to push for war between various nations and Krakoa. It would be right up their alley for them to mind control a known hero so that if Captain Krakoa is unmasked in public it becomes a media feeding frenzy and a blow to the mutants. They don't care about humanity because they're willing to kill human government officials and even Captain America. They just want chaos.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Duggan loves to pull from his previous work so I think he's written this person before. While it's likely a sadistic merc, I'm not ruling out some kind of mind control/manipulation by Orchis. Their whole M.O. right now is creating chaos to push for war between various nations and Krakoa. It would be right up their alley for them to mind control a known hero so that if Captain Krakoa is unmasked in public it becomes a media feeding frenzy and a blow to the mutants. They don't care about humanity because they're willing to kill human government officials and even Captain America. They just want chaos.
    Orchis doesn't just want chaos. Given who its true leaders are, they want all the organics (human, mutant, and superhuman alike) to kill each other off in a global conflagration of tribal violence so that the machines that have been abused and exploited for years if not decades by those organics can ascend to dominion (small "d" or big "D," up to interpretation) over the planet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Orchis doesn't just want chaos. Given who its true leaders are, they want all the organics (human, mutant, and superhuman alike) to kill each other off in a global conflagration of tribal violence so that the machines that have been abused and exploited for years if not decades by those organics can ascend to dominion (small "d" or big "D," up to interpretation) over the planet.
    This is a great point and you're absolutely right. It's not just a matter of ending mutantkind, the true leaders of Orchis want everyone but the machines destroyed. Killing humans to frame the mutants is two birds with one stone so to speak.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fantomex i think