Default Did you do anything on Free Comic Book Day?

I was wondering if anyone else took part in Free Comic Book Day this year?

What did you do? What did you get?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Stopped by my lcs (Super Fly Comics & Games in Yellow Springs, OH) on my way to my Saturday D&D game, this was what I got...

(The SIP volume was not free, but the store was running a 25% off sale, so I got that and my pulls in addition to my FCBD offerings).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

My country only has 1 comic shop and it is too far from my home for me to do anything. Besides, the comics always run out.

Didn't bother to go (again), but I may stop in later this week and see if they have any copies of the Dawn of DC FCBD issue left.
    All this may depend on whether Stargirl: The Lost Children #6 is released tomorrow or not.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Nothing really appealed to me so, no ..... gave it a pass and didn't go.

I noticed that there seemed to be a decided lack of any real enthusiasm this year. Not just here but anyone I talked to.

Is it just my limited sampling or does anyone else get that feeling?

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I got the Freak Brothers FCBD comic, spent a little over $100 on some bronze age back issues (my LCS has a great silver and bronze age stock), then the owner gave me a "Spider-man 2" (it looks like some kind of game tie-in) and an M&M's comic, which for some reason is rated T+ (and you know what, I don't want to know why). Those last two I probably won't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I noticed that there seemed to be a decided lack of any real enthusiasm this year. Not just here but anyone I talked to.

Is it just my limited sampling or does anyone else get that feeling?
    It lacked the excitement of past years at my LCS. In past years a line went out the door but this year I was three people behind only. One of the places was a family with kids which was great for the future of the hobby, though. I got the Lois lane and Star Wars for my grand niece and nephew. For me, I got the Uncanny Avengers (not really worth it for me) as well as the Marvel Voices and the Star Trek Day of Blood. My LCS had a five issue limit and the Smurfs would have been number six. What was number one? "It was number six", or "It was, number six"?.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I finally finished reading the various issues I picked up for FCBD.

The kid friendly ones that I'll put away until Halloween to pass out at my door were uniformly EH. Though I think the Babysitter's Little Sister from Scholastic comic will be well received by young girls. Since I'm not the target audience for the more kid friendly books, I'm less than surprised to not have really liked them too much.

As for the ones for the older readers, I actually enjoyed that Archie Cursed Library book. The Conan preview was fine but good gawd, does every company HAVE to do the origin story as their "first" issue? How many times have I read the origin now?

I think that I would have to say that the Star Trek Day of Blood Prelude comic book was my overall favorite read of this year's batch of books.