Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

How exactly does Storm have the power to prevent Xavier and company from being on the council? If they said that they were going to remain on the QC despite Storm's declaration what exactly would/could she do about it? Both Hope and Exodus are omegas and Xavier and Emma are extremely powerful alphas. So how does Storm enforce her decree of them not being on the council if they object. Seems to me that they willingly went along with it or else Storm would have had a fight on her hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Its not that they can’t clone her, it’s just that they can’t replicate the original. Only Jean Grey will have the full abilities of Jean’s potential. Which really defeats the purpose of having a Jean Grey clone.
    Umm... Madelyne had to be an exact clone or the Phoenix Force would not have mistaken her as being the original Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    My take, which is party head-canon probably, is the following:

- Madelyne didn't really come alive until a portion of the Phoenix Force entered her. This has been established during the original Inferno. So you could say Sinister didn't fully clone Jean considering her clone wasn't really alive until a cosmic force intervened.

- the Madelyne army was short-lived, subject to degeneration and spliced with someone else's genes to try and make them stable (head-canon admittedly)

- Jean has been resurrected in the Krakoan age because her cloned body was powered by her own mind and soul.
    Actually, According to Madelyne's recollection, she was alive but lacked consciousness --

-- the Phoenix Force gave bestowed upon her the portion of Jean's, and that is how she came into full being.
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-08-2023 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How exactly does Storm have the power to prevent Xavier and company from being on the council? If they said that they were going to remain on the QC despite Storm's declaration what exactly would/could she do about it? Both Hope and Exodus are omegas and Xavier and Emma are extremely powerful alphas. So how does Storm enforce her decree of them not being on the council if they object. Seems to me that they willingly went along with it or else Storm would have had a fight on her hands.
    Not sure what your point is? That's exactly what happened in the issue. It's not like she threatened them or anything.

Extraordinary Member

I just figured a lot of stuff was discussed by the uncompromised council members (and maybe X-Force) while they were in the pit. As the story starts, since it is a Storm spotlight, everything is just being told to them by Storm. The important point here is the Storm spotlight part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Wait im lost the chronicler controlled jean too?
    Maybe this is how they retcon how she became a swinger who hooked up with Logan while cohabiting with Scott ? LOL!

Well she did start the video feed with her taking out the council. as has been said. So if she had Lactua in the wings when she didn't know or suspected, she definitely does now, i would assume. That was actually one of the more believable points.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

How, you ask? Ororo is the Goddess of the entire Sol System with absolute power over all (corporeally, mentally, and subatomically) within its circumference and could simply command that Xavier and company quit the council without question because canonically she is the final word on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How, you ask? Ororo is the Goddess of the entire Sol System with absolute power over all (corporeally, mentally, and subatomically) within its circumference and could simply command that Xavier and company quit the council without question because canonically she is the final word on everything.
    Reality is a kind of weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    imagine this without a hint of sarcasm and this too. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    imagine this without a hint of sarcasm and this too. ^_^
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-08-2023 at 05:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Not sure what your point is? That's exactly what happened in the issue. It's not like she threatened them or anything.
    My point is why didn't they object, I don't see Xavier or Emma just accepting Storm's declaration, especially if they don't think they are to blame. Xavier founded the damn nation, Emma is essentially Karkoa's public face and they just allow themselves to be neutered as nothing more than puppet members with no actual power. That does not seem very believable, maybe I could see Exodus and Hope agreeing but that is not something that Xavier and Emma would accept. Xavier has been very meek throughout the Krakoan era, it's time for this man to assert himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Storm can manipulate the cold harshness of reality, as it is a sort of energetic transfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

My point is why didn't they object, I don't see Xavier or Emma just accepting Storm's declaration, especially if they don't think they are to blame. Xavier founded the damn nation, Emma is essentially Karkoa's public face and they just allow themselves to be neutered as nothing more than puppet members with no actual power. That does not seem very believable, maybe I could see Exodus and Hope agreeing but that is not something that Xavier and Emma would accept. Xavier has been very meek throughout the Krakoan era, it's time for this man to assert himself.
    I am just going to throw this out there. But maybe, just maybe, after watching video of themselves enslaving the galaxy, committing genocide on a intergalactic scale for a thousand years and seeing the worst versions of themselves and not knowing if they are still compromised or not, they decided hey let's sit this out.?

Some of them did object. Exodus in particular. But all of them just found out what being infected with Sinister genes cost the galaxy. Storm laid it out. No one is sure if they got rid of it completely so they all agreed to wait a bit just to be extra cautious, which doesn't seem that out there as a legit reaction. And we also again got Xavier pushing back a bit saying they would never be able to prove a false positive, so he wasn't completely sold anyway.

I really don't see what the big deal is. It's not like Storm or anyone is saying they can't ever return to power. They all agreed to sit back for the time being. I agree though with Xavier being too meek. He doesn't defend himself enough( especially against hypocrite Emma). Hell, the next issue of Red this Wed. might also feature what you want from Xavier, as he and Storm are clearly about to have words.
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-08-2023 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I am just going to throw this out there. But maybe, just maybe, after watching video of themselves enslaving the galaxy, committing genocide on a intergalactic scale for a thousand years and seeing the worst versions of themselves and not knowing if they are still compromised or not, they decided hey let's sit this out.?
    And they already willingly went down to the Pit showing they're agreeing to stand down. Even more so after seeing what's possible should Sinister's manipulation take hold of them.

Sidenote: I love that the promises were kept when they told us SOS would have repercussions in the main timeline.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!