Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how they've depicted Hal with his ring in the past I honestly wouldn't automatically rule out him internalizing so much of it and Emotional Spectrum energy that it's literally part of his body now.
    That would make sense. And it actually matches the golden age GL too - Alan also internalised his powers, which is why Jade inherited them and why he's immortal. It could also explain Hal's youth, considering that at one time he was physically older, but has been younger again ever since he was resurrected after his tenure as The Spectre.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought his aging up in the 90s was explained by the Parallax possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought his aging up in the 90s was explained by the Parallax possession.
    I don't believe he was "aged up" by Parallax, he went "prematurely" grey which was Johns's way of retconning the editorial decision to say he was grey because he was older. But then on top of it, he also threw in Hal emerging from his coffin to be in his peak, prime physical condition.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    Also, is the Revenant Queen someone from the multiverse? Her intro scene had the "another universe, another time" line, so maybe we'll just have to wait as more is revealed? I'm intrigued either way!
    My first thought when I read this was the Dark Crystal, which opens with the narration: "another world, another time." Wouldn't be surprised if that was somewhat (or largely) intentional, I can absolutely see PKJ as a fan of that movie.

Man, Xermanico's art is so damn awesome. Got a good laugh out of that goat that took a dive when Hal's drone went flying by. (And the colors in that sequence were great!)
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't believe he was "aged up" by Parallax, he went "prematurely" grey which was Johns's way of retconning the editorial decision to say he was grey because he was older. But then on top of it, he also threw in Hal emerging from his coffin to be in his peak, prime physical condition.
    Yeah the Parallax entity can't effect the explicit mention of 15 years having passed since Hal got the ring in GL #1 V3 putting him at minimum 35 at the time, closer to 40 most likely. Though its possible that has been retconed since Rebirth. Mostly I think they are just kind of ignoring any firm age stuff and waving their hands and saying "don't think about it too much" Everyone is just *mumblemumble* years old.

And then Englehart tended to like to have a sort of "real-time with no aging" thing when he did stuff, so events in the comics would be pinned to firm dates via the real world date the story was published, but its just no one aged. So we get an off hand mention of John being around 12 when Hal got the ring, so that alone carries implications that by the time John got the ring as a back-up and was a grown man and is already a full architect well he to be at least in his 20s so a decade had to have passed, and then more time to get to the point of the conversation... but again that's all very Englehart and got retconed into Hal only being GL for 15 years in V3 and since then other reboots have happened, a sort of de-boot and well the DC timelines at the moment are the sort of thing one has to imagine tended to crop up in the Time War.