Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It definitely does seem like the x-office is being the Phoenix home to roost and I for one am here for it. Whether or not Jean reclaims the Phoenix at the end of this is still anybody's guess.

What has been apparent though is the fact that Marvel has been emphasizing Jean and the phoenixes connection since Judgement Day. Heck there was even Phoenix imagery in the destiny of X last supper cover. So this has definitely been in the works for a while.

This is awesome news. Jean DESERVES this. After that nonsense of keeping her dead for 14 years and some acting like the franchise doesn't need her, it's great to see her come back in a big way.

I wonder how many issues this will be. I will be disappointed if they come back and say its a 5 issue mini. The write up seems like its here to tell a story but will it continue past that is the bigger question

I'm really fine with the Avengers keeping the fire bird after Aaron ruined everything about it. I really don't want Jean dragged into the fiery mess the bird became.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wonder how many issues this will be. I will be disappointed if they come back and say its a 5 issue mini. The write up seems like its here to tell a story but will it continue past that is the bigger question
    It's 4 issues. (Don't shoot the messenger!)

It’s a four-issue mini. Word is: It’s the prologue to Uncanny X-Men, which will relaunch later this year and be led by Jean. But you didn’t hear that from me.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Fantastic Member

I'm not a huge fan of Jean Grey, but I'm willing to give this book a chance. I'm hoping to see some cool exploration of her character.

Also, the cover is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It’s a four-issue mini. Word is: It’s the prologue to Uncanny X-Men, which will relaunch later this year and be led by Jean. But you didn’t hear that from me.
    The streets are talking and I'm listening!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The Red Dragon

It says it’s A 4 issue series in the article.

This is a wonderful news and a beautiful, subtle and smart cover. Really intrigued !

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss omg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh!
    Can't say that I'm enthused for yet another "deep-dive" into the Jean/Phoenix retrospective.
    If nothing else it should give us something definitive...until someone else comes in and mucks it all up again in a few years (but hopefully not).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-09-2023 at 01:16 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=213684094

The Key to the X-Men’s Future Lies in the Ashes of Jean Grey’s Past in New 'Jean Grey' Solo Series
    Legendary X-Men writer Louise Simonson returns to lead Jean Grey through Fall of X in 'Jean Grey' #1 this August!

FALL OF X, the X-Men’s new era that marks the potential end of Krakoa as we know it, is rapidly approaching! Over the last few weeks, fans have learned about some of the exciting new series that will launch during this dark new age of mutantkind, but one has remained shrouded in mystery… until now! This August, X-Men visionary Louise Simonson, known for her franchise-defining work on classic runs of X-FACTOR and NEW MUTANTS, is back with an all-new JEAN GREY solo series!

FALL OF X will officially kick off in July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1 where epic tragedy will strike and mutantkind’s future will spiral into uncertainty. Throughout this period of turmoil, Jean Grey, the heart of the X-Men, holds the key to rescue mutantkind, but first she’ll need to go on a journey alone into the darkest periods of her history.

Joined by artist Bernard Chang (CHILDREN OF THE ATOM), Simonson will reveal senses-shattering new insights behind key moments in Jean’s past including her early days with the X-Men, her breathtaking first interaction with the Phoenix Force, her shocking confrontation with Madelyne Pryor, and more. Each chapter will be packed with heartbreaking secrets and pulse-pounding mystery as Jean discovers the truth of what’s happening and what she must do… From the ashes of Jean’s past comes the only hope for the X-Men’s salvation!

After the events of the Hellfire Gala, Jean’s life is in shambles. Mutantkind is in dire straits – and there’s nothing this founding X-Man can do. She’ll have to save herself first. And that means looking into her past – for the moment when it all went wrong – in a desperate attempt to save her and all Krakoa’s future!

Gorgeous cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I'm really fine with the Avengers keeping the fire bird after Aaron ruined everything about it. I really don't want Jean dragged into the fiery mess the bird became.
    I do. And I do specifically because of that Avengers mess. The Phoenix belongs to the X-Men universe not the Avengers. I want Jean to reclaim her rightful place as the Phoenix so that era can be forgotten if not erased. I know none of that is going to happen but I am excited for this mini.

Oh hey, for once the X-Men comics office is doing a solo book for someone that isn't a man.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)