Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 'Jean Grey' by Louise Simonson & Bernard Chang

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=213684094

The Key to the X-Men’s Future Lies in the Ashes of Jean Grey’s Past in New 'Jean Grey' Solo Series
    Legendary X-Men writer Louise Simonson returns to lead Jean Grey through Fall of X in 'Jean Grey' #1 this August!

FALL OF X, the X-Men’s new era that marks the potential end of Krakoa as we know it, is rapidly approaching! Over the last few weeks, fans have learned about some of the exciting new series that will launch during this dark new age of mutantkind, but one has remained shrouded in mystery… until now! This August, X-Men visionary Louise Simonson, known for her franchise-defining work on classic runs of X-FACTOR and NEW MUTANTS, is back with an all-new JEAN GREY solo series!

FALL OF X will officially kick off in July’s X-MEN: HELLFIRE GALA #1 where epic tragedy will strike and mutantkind’s future will spiral into uncertainty. Throughout this period of turmoil, Jean Grey, the heart of the X-Men, holds the key to rescue mutantkind, but first she’ll need to go on a journey alone into the darkest periods of her history.

Joined by artist Bernard Chang (CHILDREN OF THE ATOM), Simonson will reveal senses-shattering new insights behind key moments in Jean’s past including her early days with the X-Men, her breathtaking first interaction with the Phoenix Force, her shocking confrontation with Madelyne Pryor, and more. Each chapter will be packed with heartbreaking secrets and pulse-pounding mystery as Jean discovers the truth of what’s happening and what she must do… From the ashes of Jean’s past comes the only hope for the X-Men’s salvation!

After the events of the Hellfire Gala, Jean’s life is in shambles. Mutantkind is in dire straits – and there’s nothing this founding X-Man can do. She’ll have to save herself first. And that means looking into her past – for the moment when it all went wrong – in a desperate attempt to save her and all Krakoa’s future!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Default Jean Grey solo by Louise Simonson and Bernard Change coming in Fall of X

From the ashes of Jean’s past comes the only hope for the X-Men’s salvation!

Find out more about #FallOfX’s ‘Jean Grey’ series on Marvel.com

Good for her.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Ohk never been intersted in jean like that but might check this out because I stan that evil omnipotent bird and I find her more intersting with it. But only 4 issues?
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Finally they gonna put some order into my girl life-history
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I love everything about this announcement!

I honestly thought this was fake at first. The idea of Louise Simonson writing a Jean Grey solo series sounds like the kind of news that's just too good to be true.

But unless I'm hallucinating, this is real. This is happening. And I couldn't be more excited.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Interesting. Sounds like she's going to need to tap into that cosmic firebird that bonded with her all those moons ago to save mutantkind. I'm here for it. As we were discussing in the Jean Grey thread, I find her much more interesting when on her own and not handcuffed to Scott anyway. So this sounds entertaining to me personally.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

To be expected given the "rebirth" teaser, with a much less expected writer doing the mini. I'm not a huge fan of Simonson's writing to be honest but she's a competent creator who knows the X-characters well so I welcome her back into the fold nonetheless. Louise, Ann and Chris seem to be popping up everywhere lately LOL

And so this mini concludes with Jean fully accepting the Phoenix once again and once and for all and forever and ever... right?!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Louise Simonson wrote my favourite Jean ever. I should be super excited but I'm just... not. It seems like one of those mini-series with a lot of fluff and no substance (not Simonson's fault, but for the fact whatever is actually happening will happen on different books) or worse, wonderful moments that will just be disregarded by the current ongoing writers as it's often the case with Jean.

I’m in the White Hot Room. 🥹
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    To be expected given the "rebirth" teaser, with a much less expected writer doing the mini. I'm not a huge fan of Simonson's writing to be honest but she's a competent creator who knows the X-characters well so I welcome her back into the fold nonetheless. Louise, Ann and Chris seem to be popping up everywhere lately LOL

And so this mini concludes with Jean fully accepting the Phoenix once again and once and for all and forever and ever... right?!
    Yeah I think we're heading to the official reunion of Jean/Phoenix forevermore once this is complete. Then I think it'll spin off into a team book where Phoenix is leading.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

I have doubts about how much this actually ties in to FoX, so even if this is just a collection of tales reflecting on various times in Jean's life told by Simonson I will be buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I think we're heading to the official reunion of Jean/Phoenix forevermore once this is complete. Then I think it'll spin off into a team book where Phoenix is leading.
    Dope. I want that. Throw Wolverine on that squad since he's not currently on a team. Don't care who else because after those two (with Jean being Phoenix again) they can add anyone they want and I'm down for it. Even Quentin Quire. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I guess Scott is staying dead

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Louise Simonson wrote my favourite Jean ever. I should be super excited but I'm just... not. It seems like one of those mini-series with a lot of fluff and no substance (not Simonson's fault, but for the fact whatever is actually happening will happen on different books) or worse, wonderful moments that will just be disregarded by the current ongoing writers as it's often the case with Jean.
    You could be right, but it doesn't sound like this will keep her out of other titles while it's ongoing. You might be getting a double dose of Jean for a few months.