Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default What future roles would you like to see Arnie and Stallone in?

Stallone - hopefully more MCU stuff (Avengers 7 - Galactic storm?)

Arnie :

Jingle all the way : 2 many Grandpas. A comedy version of expendables. Arnie's character is laid off and widowed. He is determined to find a sold out hot toy for his grandchild, and so are scores of other seniors. Cameos by Stallone, Linda Hamilton, cast of predator etc.

Heidi's kick-ass grandpa. Commando type flick where sweet young Heidi has run afoul of some Andrew Tate types and must come to her rescue..

Terminator 2029 - Arnie as an aging robotics genius. Cyberdyne were going to use his designs in the 90's but they were lost in Sarah Connor's terrorist attack. In 2029 he creates amazing androids to serve in warzones. I was thinking of Jonathan majors as an African-American T800 but will need someone else now. Arnie has sentry units he is able to control in VR mode that fight with a rogue terminator..

ARNIE and Stallone : Grumpy old action men. Action parody with Stallone. Maybe a couple of retired action stars thwarting a cruise ship hijacking...

Voice work together for a heavily advertised Contra game (finally!)
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 05-09-2023 at 08:03 PM.

Came here JUST to say Contra. Beyond that...I guess Stallone could do Tango and Cash 2 if Kurt Russell is still game (he said he would be when TMZ randomly asked him about it on the street but that was years ago).

Astonishing Member

Rather not. Sly is okay in Tulsa King and I am looking forward to Fubar with Arnie.

I cannot imagine them as action heroes any longer. They can't barely move and that is not credible anymore. Before they become a parody of themselves, better stop.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I would LOVE to see Schwarzenegger in a King Conan movie.

Both Sylvester and Arnold are macho action stars who starred in the movies around at the same time.

I'd love to see Schwarzenegger star in a MCU movie. He did play a villain in a Batman movie.

Well, I think he could play Ares the God of War in a Thor movie or another MCU film .

Gandalf, Magneto, Prof X, Alfred, Pa Kent, President of the USA...

What I'm saying is they old!

Extraordinary Member

Arnie should play old man Colossus. "Chaaarrrllesss!! You seddus ooopppp!!" "So you cooked up a story and dropped us into the meatgrinda..." What happened to you Charles? You used to be someone I could trust."

I agree with DanMad. I dont want to see either in an action role again. It is just not believable to have men there age doing the stuff they did back in their prime.

With Arnie I enjoyed the action movie he was in. I forget the name. Where he was the small town sheriff and that drug lord busted out of prison and was going to cross the border in his town. He was not to over the top in what he did in that movie and it looked mildly real.

But even now he is too old to carry even that off I think.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Rather not. Sly is okay in Tulsa King and I am looking forward to Fubar with Arnie.

I cannot imagine them as action heroes any longer. They can't barely move and that is not credible anymore. Before they become a parody of themselves, better stop.
    It's definitely not credible but if Harrison Ford can do another Indiana Jones, they can do an action movie. Still, I thought one of Stallone's best was "Oscar", the one everybody hates because it wasn't the action comedy they expected from Stallone and because it was an old style comedy. I can't think of a comparable Arnold movie where he didn't have to do any action scenes. But a comedy where they play on the fact that they can't be fighting and running anymore would be a great self-parody.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I would LOVE to see Schwarzenegger in a King Conan movie.
    Too true. He needs to complete that Conan trilogy.
    Power with Girl is better.

Cocoon remake....That turns into something like REDS after they swim.

Think Stallone is still considering at least one more RAMBO.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think Stallone is still considering at least one more RAMBO.
    For symmetry he should call it Rambo: Last Blood Part 2.

Oddly, he appears to be doing another Cliffhanger movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I agree with DanMad. I dont want to see either in an action role again. It is just not believable to have men there age doing the stuff they did back in their prime.

With Arnie I enjoyed the action movie he was in. I forget the name. Where he was the small town sheriff and that drug lord busted out of prison and was going to cross the border in his town. He was not to over the top in what he did in that movie and it looked mildly real.

But even now he is too old to carry even that off I think.
    It was The Last Stand.

I wonder what Arnie will do in Fubar, the new Netflix show? Its listed as comedy action, so I think it will be fine somehow, but nothing noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It's definitely not credible but if Harrison Ford can do another Indiana Jones, they can do an action movie. Still, I thought one of Stallone's best was "Oscar", the one everybody hates because it wasn't the action comedy they expected from Stallone and because it was an old style comedy. I can't think of a comparable Arnold movie where he didn't have to do any action scenes. But a comedy where they play on the fact that they can't be fighting and running anymore would be a great self-parody.
    I can't remember, did Twins have any actions scenes?