Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Gerry Dugan splits apart the XBooks “premier couple” LOL

Secret Spoilers from the actual artist for the upcoming issue

0522AF15-7C4D-4810-A8D0-29F59A096FDD.jpg

4275B575-F36B-4291-89B2-A455397027BD.jpg

YMMV , but at least he won’t be C_cklops anymore to the Phoenix of the White HotWife Room and her mistral B_llverine LOL

Damn. “Cuckclops” and “Phoenix of the White HotWife Room” are pretty creative. I’ll give you that. LOL.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Scott will be dead and jean is leaving X-men.

BANNED

I'm so over Marvel's irrational hatred of iconic relationships, and their insistence on finding ways to turn even the healthiest and most stable ones into a toxic, hateful waste dump through contrived to the point of OOC stupidity conflicts.

Mighty Member

Umm, Jean and Scott have been toxic for decades lol. Just cause they are iconic doesn't mean they are healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Umm, Jean and Scott have been toxic for decades lol. Just cause they are iconic doesn't mean they are healthy.
    yeah they're def iconic but in no way were they always "healthy" and "stable"
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Or interesting.

Cucklops is hilarious. This kind of thinking is why Jean needs to get away, and has needed to get away for decades. The editors offer this same energy most of the time.

BANNED

Only because it was MADE toxic to forcibly push Scemma in the early Aughts.

It was stale before it was toxic which, in the world of long-running serial entertainment, is perhaps the greater crime. Hence why I think Morrison did what he did.

I still prefer Scott and Jean together. No couple is perfect, but these two have been through a lot and have persevered through death and tragedy and clones.

Then again, I also like Alex and Lorna together…

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It was stale before it was toxic which, in the world of long-running serial entertainment, is perhaps the greater crime. Hence why I think Morrison did what he did.
    If a healthy relationship can't be made interesting to read, the problem isn't the relationship. It's the writers.

PLENTY of long-running serial entertainment has kept relationships interesting without having to fill them with toxic drama.

This is from weeks and weeks ago, why do we need a new thread on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If a healthy relationship can't be made interesting to read, the problem isn't the relationship. It's the writers.

PLENTY of long-running serial entertainment has kept relationships interesting without having to fill them with toxic drama.
    If it’s hard for writers to make the dynamic interesting, I’d argue that maybe it’s the opposite. Good chemistry should practically write itself IMO.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Well, maybe it's time for them to split.

Let's have Jean get another Love interest, NOT Wolverine someone NEW please.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Any examples? In most long-running dramas that I've seen, the only happy couples were the background characters.

And Scott and Jean were toxic before Emma ever came into the picture.

I think my main objection to this pairing is how Jean always takes a backseat. I loved the pairing in the cartoon and hope they are together when the MCU X movies come out, but in comics, they need to go their separate ways as friends. Also, keep her away from Logan too. Another forced relationship at this point.