Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

I really don't want Krakoa to end and then they all end up back in that old mansion. I'd like to see it's government change, they could start by removing self serving villains from power. I don't want Professor X completely removed either after all he's done more for mutant kind than anyone despite his character flaws... maby just resign from the council and have Jean take your place idk.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Now you preached a good word there, yes a fine word and I didn't know that Magneto withheld the loss of his daughter and human family from him yet Dr. Strange knew... that's deep.
    Thanks

Dr Strange didn´t know either, they found out with the Eye of Agamotto while they were working to help Wanda after AD in Genosha.

While Charles didn´t say much, I think it did affect him to know Magneto for so many years and yet never being told about her, compare this to Storm who was told since their first fight in which he hurt Kitty. Charles knows Magneto was a holocaust survivor but he never told him about his family, like he did with Scott and Ororo about his memories of his father and family before the war. He knew about Magneto lashing out and destroying the town in which he lived with Magda and Anya, he used the image of the destruction as an exercise for the X-men in the danger room, a warning tale for them to be careful while fighthing Magneto but he didn´t know Erik´s reaction was because of Anya´s death/of being killed by a mob. So in essence it´s like Magneto told him, you want to know me just as the villain? fair enough but I get the right to keep my story to myself. For someone like Charles who cares about the trust his chosen family and friends have in him, this must sting imo.

Edit:
    I really don't want Krakoa to end and then they all end up back in that old mansion. I'd like to see it's government change, they could start by removing self serving villains from power. I don't want Professor X completely removed either after all he's done more for mutant kind than anyone despite his character flaws... maby just resign from the council and have Jean take your place idk.
    Agreed, I think they definitely need to change the Quiet Council and it needs to have more checks to balance their power but Krakoa can stay to make the story interesting imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2023 at 06:54 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thanks

Dr Strange didn´t know either, they found out with the Eye of Agamotto while they were working to help Wanda after AD in Genosha.

While Charles didn´t say much, I think it did affect him to know Magneto for so many years and yet never being told about her, compare this to Storm who was told since their first fight in which he hurt Kitty. Charles knows Magneto was a holocaust survivor but he never told him about his family, like he did with Scott and Ororo about his memories of his father and family before the war. He knew about Magneto lashing out and destroying the town in which he lived with Magda and Anya, he used the image of the destruction as an exercise for the X-men in the danger room, a warning tale for them to be careful while fighthing Magneto but he didn´t know Erik´s reaction was because of Anya´s death/of being killed by a mob. So in essence it´s like Magneto told him, you want to know me just as the villain? fair enough but I get the right to keep my story to myself. For someone like Charles who cares about the trust his chosen family and friends have in him, this must sting imo.
    Wow, thanks for the history lesson it gives me a new perspective on Storm's reasoning and Charles slight "resentment" towards Eric which comes across as entitlement when addressing Storm.

Wow, thanks for the history lesson it gives me a new perspective on Storm's reasoning and Charles slight "resentment" towards Eric which comes across as entitlement when addressing Storm.
    It does, this is why I love Ewing take on continuity, it makes the story richer and more complex and his characters feel like actual people who lived all those experiences He definitely has some unadressed entitlement feelings about Magneto with Storm.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2023 at 07:07 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yup. That's like saying if someone was trying to take your child away from you and you pulled your child back and you dislocated your arm as the person ran away, it's your fault for trying to keep them from taking your child @_@
    Remember when Xavier was trying to take Franklin away from his parents? Good times.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

To be fair, that was Onslaught,it´s like if we accused Sue for her actions as malice, sure in a way they are them but they are not acting as they usually do but I will agree their invitation to Franklin to go to Krakoa was quite rude but at least they solved it by letting him visit, until he wasn´t a mutant anymore.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-11-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Some thoughts…
    - strong issue
    - totally missed the fact that Kobak was was pantless, Nevermind the implication that he’s packing major Heat based on the faces on Berto and Rich. Good stuff
    - Xavier doesn’t ASK Ororo to talk; he demands it happen and happen now. Strike one.
    - Xavier is absolutely out of his mind. His argument that he and Mags are besties and that he should know Mags’ last words are not compelling and Ororo is right not to say anything to Charles.
    - Charles’ attempt at reading Ororo’s mind was 100% wrong, and I’m fine with the word assault.
    - Charles’ second attempt at talking things through with Ororo makes much more sense. He’s rational snd admits he’s afraid l, not only for himself but for the implications on the entire Krakoa/Arrako universe. Good stuff.
    - Storm lays it on the line and lets Charles know that Mags was worried about Charles not due to sinister tampering but because Charles IS Charles. Good stuff.
    - Despite all this, I thought that Storm came off a little too strong by saying Charles was no no longer his friend and that he was not to use the gate to come to Arrako anymore. Felt a little too strong and maybe a little too out of character but there are folks here that know Ororo much better than I do. And it certainly didn’t ruin the story for me. Just made me think “hmmm” is all.

To be fair, that was Onslaught,it´s like if we accused Sue for her actions as malice, sure in a way they are them but they are not acting as they usually do
    If you’re referring to my post, I meant in that Krakoa era mini FF & X-Men. Come to think of it, I’m not sure Charles was even there so shame on me. I think maybe it was Mags, Scott, and Kitty only but I can’t 109% remember. It was a bad look on the mutants in my opinion, but I think most here felt otherwise.

Charles was there and yes it made them look bad, I didn´t like it because it made them look very OC especially given the X-men took care of Franklin after the defeat of Onslaught and everyone believed his parents died but once they came back he went back to them, not a problem. So my take was that the writer was forcing an artificial conflict between the X-men and the FF4 to start the story. I think it would have made more sense to use Reed and Charles interactions as members of the iluminati to start the story because at the end, it was really about Reed not Franklin.

EDIT: On second thought, let me remove this comment, Pointing out contradictions and double standards someone exhibits and of which they are seemingly unaware is not my schtick.

I repeat: this issue was great. That's all.
    Last edited by Mercury; 05-11-2023 at 10:02 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Charles was there and yes it made them look bad, I didn´t like it because it made them look very OC especially given the X-men took care of Franklin after the defeat of Onslaught and everyone believed his parents died but once they came back he went back to them, not a problem. So my take was that the writer was forcing an artificial conflict between the X-men and the FF4 to start the story. I think it would have made more sense to use Reed and Charles interactions as members of the iluminati to start the story because at the end, it was really about Reed not Franklin.
    Thank you for the confirmation and I agree 100%

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Was it? I must have missed those posts. And, yeah, I was surprised they got away with that. (That's actually why I brought it up.) I know the pic was small, but I didn't think Marvel would allow even that.
    Marvel has had the occasional bare butt shown on panel over the years. Its not unprecedented.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    since Krakoa came into being, outside of keeping Moira's existence and past lives a secret, exactly what underhanded, shady stuff has Xavier done? And honestly I don't consider keeping her secret a big deal, it was what she wanted and he was respecting her wishes. But all I keep reading is Xavier is so awful for doing this or that, things that happen years ago both in universe and out. It's like people can make infinite excuses for the horrible actions committed by many characters but none for Xavier, even his founding of the X-men to fight for mutantkind is seen as something to be castigated for. The guy cannot catch a break and the writers seem determined to double down on how horrible a character he is. He is the definition of character assasination at it's finest. It says a lot when Magneto, Apocalypse, Emma, Destiny and Mystique just to name a few are more beloved, respected and accepted by x-fans than Xavier. That they get more excuses and understanding and forgiveness than Xavier. That they are seen as more heroic than Xavier. He is truly the whipping boy of Krakoa and mutantkind in general.
    I would argue that, if only as a matter of practicality, there’s the issue that Xavier evidently refused to set up even the most provisional of social services for Krako or any of the most basic systems of a functioning government before convening the council (the Bowery children and the utter absence of an education system etc)

From a less practical standpoint and a more political one, lobotomising Reed and actively antagonising Atlantis* were maybe richly deserved but not without consequences that he should have foreseen. Also lots of weird half measures that would make other governments think Krakoa is both weaker and far more nefarious than it appears (anything to do with Beast)

On a personal level, he’s been an ass on a sanctimony high (Kurt is/was suffering the same), a dogshit father (made worse depending on how involved he was in Moira manipulating Gabrielle) and odds are the implication that Xavier had been aware Wanda and Pietro weren’t Magneto’s (he’d stopped recording them long before M-Day) for a while probably did not help Magneto’s decision to quit once he realised that Anya wasn’t in the waiting room

* Dollars to doughnuts Krakoa’s policy on Wakanda as ‘naturally hostile’ was Storm, and that’s before the disaster of X of Swords

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    I think Ewing said this encounter between them happened in between some of the panels of IXM, so I think Ororo was already tired of Charles. Strike #1 for me was him demanding to speak with her while she was on her own personal time. Cause I would have told his ass he had to wait until I had time.
    Personal time? Since when do the X-Men get personal time? Surely if anyone on Krakoa had personal time they would spend it making more mutants.

Mighty Member

Cool

I agree Xavier is probably going to be blamed for a lot of shady things, my guess is that "fall of X" is going to be about Charles "fall from grace" and maybe the end of Krakoa, he certainly had done shady things in the past but the creation of Krakoa itself, besides his deal with Sinister and the Moira issue, has not been something I think he would consider shady. I hope his character at least will be handled with the nuance he deserves and doesn´t just gets villified for the sake to taking him out of the story.
    The question to ask is for all of Xavier's supposed "shady" actions is have they been done in service of mutantkind or have they done for selfish reasons. Did he create Krakoa for his own hubris or for mutants, did he have to create the QC or could he and Magneto have ruled together. The only "questionable" thing he did was to string Mystique along regarding Destiny. Add considering all the crap Destiny has done since her resurrection it's looking like Charles had the right idea. I'm not saying the guy is saint, no one is; but the constant negative portrayal of Xavier as some monster who needs to be humbled, who needs to fall is tiresome. At least with Beast's current portrayal you could say it's in service to some bigger story and will be corrected in due time. With Xavier it's like a default setting of his character, if he's in a story he's the biggest a-hole doing something shady. They can't write the guy any other way.