Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really looking forward to Heralds of Apocalypse as well after this.
    Same here.

I think that that will be the last time I enjoy an X-book until FoX is over. I'll still buy/read my three/four X-books but I will not truly be engaged in the FoX story until they relaunch or reboot or re-whatever they plan to do in 2024. (I'm getting SoS deja-vu and apathy just thinking about it)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    The Comments have gotten ridiculous. What happened overnight?

I'm reading people believe Charles didn't "assault her" to Storm was being a Jerk in this Issue like did someone come in and bop you on your head??

Are people really trying to justify Charles Xavier's actions? Wow.
    I love Storm but telling Wanda about Magneto's last words and not Xavier is BS

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The way Charles was acting I don't think he gives a damn if Magneto saw Anya on his Death Bed.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If Sue had written down the last words her father said to her in her diary,
    and somebody tried to grab the diary,
    and then Sue created a bubble around the Diary,
    and then that person tried to break the barrier
    and Sue got a nosebleed from trying to keep the person from breaking the bubble

I wouldn't say the other person harmed her. The reason why she got a nosebleed was because of the altercation with that other person, but the thief wasn't harming her. He was doing something else that is immoral and can be considered abusive.

And I wouldn't consider somebody trying to break the Bubble with the diary to be an assault.
    Maybe it’s just difference of opinions, but I don’t get the logic. If someone is attacking me and the only thing preventing them from actually harming me is a barrier/ defense that I PUT UP, when I go to the police I’m saying they attempted to assault me. There are different charges for non-violent and violent theft for a reason.

I get that assault is a heavy word, but it’s also a word that covers a wide breath of acts. Maybe folks could have been more specific and referred to it as a “psychic assault” to cement it in the fiction.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-11-2023 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I think you kinda answered your own question. I find in these types of things in life, there isn't necessarily a right or wrong way to do it. Sometimes knowing certain info might help or hurt. You just never know. The classic "What if" or "I should have." Hindsight is always 20/20. In the end it appears she thought it was best he knew the truth, but as you said, in the beginning she really wanted to spare his feelings as he's already broken as it is. I don't know what would have been the optimal choice for her to have gone with.
    because even Xavier admitted to her eric never let him see max. also beyond that he had no last words for Xavier, he was speaking to Storm about his daughter and told her to look out for charles. out of respect she basically told him "magneto wanted me to watch over you but after today, nope." Max didn't ask storm to relay anything to charles.
    Magneto probably wouldn't care if Storm told him about the Xavier stuff. The point of his message was for Storm to look out for him.
    I finally got to read the issue more thoroughly. Magneto's words about Xavier were never a secret he wanted Storm to keep. She could have just told him right away and saved both of them so much grief. Like she ends up telling him anyway. It doesn't excuse what Xavier did when he didn't get his way, but it felt a bit roundabout just to get to the drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Xavier only cared about himself in that conversation whereas Wanda actually had a family connection to Erik's last words.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wtf man, woman or other, you come here to call the words I write gross and to say I'm gaslighting people and claim manipulating others? That's so freaking disrespectful. I'm trying to be reasonable, but that's not a reasonable thing to write. It's way too personal for me. Please don't adress me that way. We can talk about these things without going to those places.

I don't come here to lie about fictional characters. That isn't an interesting exercise to me. I respect you enough to talk about the things you HAVE said. I'm not a miserable person, and if I say I'm not defending Charles, and If I never state that what he's doing isn't immoral nor abuse, than I don't expect people to be lying about me.

Let's put it this way, if Charles was spying on Ororo while she was naked, it wouldn't be assault, and we could talk about the gravity of that situation without calling it assault.
    I get that you don't like the word assault. But that's what it was. He was attempting to go inside her mind against her will. That is a psychic assault whether or not you don't like the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Magneto probably wouldn't care if Storm told him about the Xavier stuff. The point of his message was for Storm to look out for him.
    I finally got to read the issue more thoroughly. Magneto's words about Xavier were never a secret he wanted Storm to keep. She could have just told him right away and saved both of them so much grief. Like she ends up telling him anyway. It doesn't excuse what Xavier did when he didn't get his way, but it felt a bit roundabout just to get to the drama.
    Agree to disagree. His words were not for Xavier they were for and to her. If he had a message for him he would have had her relay one. So for me it's not about drama or some kind of judgement or "omg xavier is evil" it's just it was none of his business and he had no right to know if she didn't want to say. It's just a basic fundamental free will that no one would want violated or feel good about someone trying to force and or guilt it out of them. It really is that simple. if it was okay for xavier to even ask it was just as okay, actually more so for ororo to say "none of your business." life isn't about getting everything a person wants and being coddled for bad behavior. It wasn't on Ororo to make her final moments with Max about Xavier or include him in if she didn't want to.

In a lot of ways i guess you can say a break in. If someone forced entry into your house but didn't get away with anything because you woke up and alarmed them were you still not a victim of attempted theft.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-11-2023 at 04:33 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here.

I think that that will be the last time I enjoy an X-book until FoX is over. I'll still buy/read my three/four X-books but I will not truly be engaged in the FoX story until they relaunch or reboot or re-whatever they plan to do in 2024. (I'm getting SoS deja-vu and apathy just thinking about it)
    Yeah i think i'm down to two and some minis. lol.Well i'm subscribed to betsy braddock until 12 but other than that I'm sticking with Red and X-men for now. At this point i'm honstly hoping Arrako get's built out maybe instead of the main line Ewing can be the builder of Arrako and get him a team of writers that can help develop some of his concepts. Maybe an inhuman book based there and a guardians. I mean if the Good ol boys want MU Earth let them have it if they willing to leave the good stuff alone on Arrako. lol

Funnily i actually feel almost optimistic for the destruction of the gate system because at least it may mean red can finally get at least at least a few issues where it's story isn't sidelined or frozen. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-11-2023 at 04:41 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Agree to disagree. His words were not for Xavier they were for and to her. If he had a message for him he would have had her relay one. So for me it's not about drama or some kind of judgement or "omg xavier is evil" it's just it was none of his business and he had no right to know if she didn't want to say. It's just a basic fundamental free will that no one would want violated or feel good about someone trying to force and or guilt it out of them. It really is that simple. if it was okay for xavier to even ask it was just as okay, actually more so for ororo to say "none of your business." life isn't about getting everything a person wants and being coddled for bad behavior. It wasn't on Ororo to make her final moments with Max about Xavier or include him in if she didn't want to.

In a lot of ways i guess you can say a break in. If someone forced entry into your house but didn't get away with anything because you woke up and alarmed them were you still not a victim of attempted theft.
    At the same time, Storm is withholding information about Xavier's best friend. (yes, Max =/= Erik, yadda yadda yadda.) And she honestly didn't have much reason to. She wasn't obligated to tell him, but she didn't have much reason not to tell him. It wasn't some great secret she was entrusted with. In fact, it would make more sense to tell Xavier. Now she's probably steered him towards the direction Max specifically wanted him to avoid. She's not responsible for Xavier's actions in the future, but like ??? Girl.

I agree that the psychic intrusion was a form of assault though. That was bad, I have no intentions of defending it or Xavier's actions. I just think his feelings are justified, and Storm went about things the wrong way.

At the same time, Storm is withholding information about Xavier's best friend. (yes, Max =/= Erik, yadda yadda yadda.) And she honestly didn't have much reason to. She wasn't obligated to tell him, but she didn't have much reason not to tell him. It wasn't some great secret she was entrusted with. In fact, it would make more sense to tell Xavier. Now she's probably steered him towards the direction Max specifically wanted him to avoid. She's not responsible for Xavier's actions in the future, but like ??? Girl.

I agree that the psychic intrusion was a form of assault though. That was bad, I have no intentions of defending it or Xavier's actions. I just think his feelings are justified, and Storm went about things the wrong way.

So what. I don't get the reasoning here. She isn't withholding anything because Max didn't give her any information to specifically give to xavier. That moment was about them and what he asked of her, and when she made her decision to not do it anymore then she told him. Personally i still would not, i would have just bounced but Storm is far better than I based i suppose on people expectation that somehow my experiences may belong or be owed to them. That's honestly laughable to me. I wish somebody would be like "you have to tell me what so and so said because though you were his friend i was his BEST friend, you know it." It just doesn't make sense. I mean i get dude may be in pain but sometimes you just have to realize your pain doesn't give you agency over anyone else.

And just thinking about it more i do find it interesting no one is talking about what ororo's emotional state may have been. At the end of the day this man she literally knew from childhood and what not chose to use his powers against her to extract information. But if she would have lashed out and killed him right there she would have been over the top, but what if that violation reminded her of when she was almost raped as a child. I think when people, and not you, want to go down certain roads they need to think about the implications of where that road may lead. Because it's just as valid to delve into the pain caused to Ororo here and the betrayal and why she can't react but owes something to someone else who may be in pain and not only in pain, but the one causing her current pain, both what must have been an emotional one as well as obviously taxing one from the nose bleed. The only other nose bleed was when she had to use enough concentration to hold back during the pressure feat.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-11-2023 at 04:55 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

I trust ewing to write well, but I'm still miffed that he killed off the most interesting guy introduced in X of Swords for Apocalypse's bland family.

So what. I don't get the reasoning here. She isn't withholding anything because Max didn't give her any information to specifically give to xavier. That moment was about them and what he asked of her, and when she made her decision to not do it anymore then she told him. Personally i still would not, i would have just bounced but Storm is far better than I based i suppose on people expectation that somehow my experiences may belong or be old to them. That's honestly laughable to me. I wish somebody would be like "you have to tell me what so and so said because though you were his friend i was his BEST friend, you know it." It just doesn't make sense. I mean i get dude may be in pain but sometimes you just have to realize your pain doesn't give you agency over anyone else.
    So what, Magneto is an incredibly important person to Xavier. Imagine if someone was withholding crucial information about someone you loved, someone who likely wasn't as close to them as you were, and not giving any real reason for their secrecy? The event was meaningful for Storm, I get that. But I still think Xavier's feelings need to be acknowledged, too. That's kind of where there's a stalemate - they both have pain and feelings, and neither wants to compromise. From an emotional standpoint, it's a difficult situation where they both have points.

But logically, she's seeing a man break down out of fear, paranoia and guilt. She's seeing crucial information to herself, when it would benefit her, Magneto and Xavier to have open communication. Instead, she just goes on the defensive and lectures him. She barely tries to reason with him. Xavier was wrong to immediately get aggressive, and we saw him get results with Storm when he was open and honest. But Storm keeping Max's words a secret in the first place was pointless and just lead to drama. It doesn't honor Max's memory, it doesn't help her.

The reasoning is that she had no real reason to keep it a secret. She wasn't obligated to say anything, but it doesn't make much sense for her to keep it a secret. In fact, I'd argue it goes against the whole point of Max's dying words.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-11-2023 at 05:06 PM.

So what, Magneto is an incredibly important person to Xavier. Imagine if someone was withholding crucial information about someone you loved, someone who likely wasn't as close to them as you were, and not giving any real reason for their secrecy? The event was meaningful for Storm, I get that. But I still think Xavier's feelings need to be acknowledged, too. That's kind of where there's a stalemate - they both have pain and feelings, and neither wants to compromise. From an emotional standpoint, it's a difficult situation where they both have points.

But logically, she's seeing a man break down out of fear, paranoia and guilt. She's seeing crucial information to herself, when it would benefit her, Magneto and Xavier to have open communication. Instead, she just goes on the defensive and lectures him. She barely tries to reason with him. Xavier was wrong to immediately get aggressive, and we saw him get results with Storm when he was open and honest. But Storm keeping Max's words a secret in the first place was pointless and just lead to drama. It doesn't honor Max's memory, it doesn't help her.
    But who gets to say that. You don't know what someone elses private moments are. I try not to think myself that important, i honestly do. I don't assume i mean more to my friends than my other friends, i may feel i do but it's not my job to invalidate other relationships to stroke my own ego on what i feel my place is in someones life. Friends grow and move on and change and make other friends, you may always know a version of them but that doesn't mean you can discredit someone else interactions with them just because "well i know i mattered more" maybe that's a hard thing to hear but it is what it is. paranoia is not logical it is usually a symptom of something. We the reader know Magneto did not leave a slice of information for Xavier. So i'm not going to straddle the fence and act like there is some deep secret she could have given him to help him, because there wasn't. But even if there was, it was still her choice to share it. If that hurts HIS feelings she can acknowledge it but empathy is not hurting yourself to feel someone else's pain or soothe it or subjecting yourself to something you don't want to do. Sort of how she respected Xavier wasn't ready to talk about Magneto in Immortal#11.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-11-2023 at 05:12 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I trust ewing to write well, but I'm still miffed that he killed off the most interesting guy introduced in X of Swords for Apocalypse's bland family.
    Yes! I really wanted to see more of White Sword. His brief interaction with Cypher suggested that he's been resurrecting and recruiting new people for many centuries (since he *explicitly* tells Doug that he's not binding him into service for saving his life from the poison), which seems to contradict the assumptions that he's got the same 100 people following him that he left Earth with all those centuries ago. I was interested in seeing what the deal was with that. Different writers working under different assumptions?