Incredible Member

Default DC Comics Preview: The Flash #800

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/11/dc...the-flash-800/

DC Comics is celebrating The Flash and his 800th issue in an extra-sized comic featuring five brand-new stories. You can find it in comic shops on June 6th. The milestone issue was first announced in March.

Featuring a main cover by Taurin Clarke and out on June 6th, here’s a rundown of each of the five stories:

Don’t Come to Central City” by Jeremy Adams, Ferando Pasarin, Oclair Albert, and Matt Herms — Villains swap stories over a poker game about what makes committing crime in the Flash’s town so difficult.

The Max In The Mirror” by Mark Waid, Todd Nauck, and Matt Herms – This flashback tale set during Mark Waid’s IMPULSE run tells an untold story of The Flash & Max Mercury trapped by Mirror Master, and only Impulse can free the speedsters!

“Flash Family” by Joshua Williamson, Carmine Di Giandomenico, and Ivan Plascencia – Barry Allen uses the Cosmic Treadmill to take Iris on a very special trip.

“Blitz Back” by Geoff Johns, Scott Kolins, and Luis Guerrero – Hunter Zolomon has been trapped in the Speed Force, and thinks he’s found a way out.

“Between Me and You” by Simon Spurrier, Mike Deodato, Jr., and Trish Mulvihill – While heading to Date Night with Linda, Wally West encounters a massively powered up Mirror Master, just as the Scarlet Speedster’s powers seem to be glitching.
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 05-11-2023 at 11:34 AM.

This is going to be a bittersweet issue.
    But I love those letters on the covers.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Seems like Wally is in almost every story, which is cool.

Woah, spoiler alert, one of the pages reveals the ending of issue 799.
    spoilers:
    They successfully rescue baby Wade.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I've pretty much avoided anything written by Johns since Green Lantern, but him pairing with Kolins for a Hunter Zolomon story has me excited. Nostalgia is a strong drug.

Interesting (or editorial oversight) that there's two Mirror Master stories. It'll be good to get a taste of what Spurrier and Deodato have to offer before their first issue.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Yeah, I can't lie, Johns and Kolins on a Hunter Zolomon story has me excited. Love me some Impulse and Max as well.

Look forward to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like Wally is in almost every story, which is cool.
    I mean the cover says a celebration of Wally West. I would think each story has to be about him in some way.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I mean the cover says a celebration of Wally West. I would think each story has to be about him in some way.
    Yeah, I just remember people kind of getting a little antsy that the story would also spotlight other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I just remember people kind of getting a little antsy that the story would also spotlight other characters.
    Considering how the more recent "Barry Era" went out of its way to minimize acknowledging Wally in special celebratory Flash comics, I'd say it's just fans' collective paranoia. Those Didio-inflicted scars run deep.

Incredible Member
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 06-02-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    They actually bring up how the GL's are barely ever in Coast City .

Who is the redheaded female villain?

I guess they know the "kids" are The Flash's kids. Jai took on Shaggy Man? Wow.

Jai got rid of that horrible suit he was wearing even before the New 52. His new costume looks good.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Jai got rid of that horrible suit he was wearing even before the New 52. His new costume looks good.
    Looks to be the same one from the future story in which he meets Gold Beetle.

Does Adams fancy writing Superior Foes of the Flash? That villain gathering reminds me of Superior Foes of Spider-Man!

I don't recognise that redheaded lady.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Looks to be the same one from the future story in which he meets Gold Beetle.
    It is, i just thought it would take a while for him to get that costume, since in the future he can also run fast. But i'm not complaining.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.