Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Top 5 Star Trek Villains

Pull from any Star Trek - tv series, films, animated, etc...

Who are your picks for Top 5 all-time Star Trek villains?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Borg Queen
    Gul Dukat
    Duras family
    Founder (leader of the Dominion forces in the Alpha Quadrent)
    Lore

Top 5 Threats to the Federation/Starfleet:

1: The Borg (Includes the Queen).
    2: The Klingon Empire.
    3: The Dominion (Thanks to the Founders and Jem'Hadar).
    4: V'Ger.
    5: While never really written as it the Q if a race of gods turned on Starfleet it would be over.

Top 5 Machiavellian Villains of Trek:

1: Gul Dukat.
    2: Kai Winn.
    3: Diviner (Prodigy).
    4: Annorax (VOY, Year of Hell).
    5: Khan Noonien Singh.

Last Top 5 more of a nuisance than a threat:

1: Harry Mudd.
    2: The Duras Sisters.
    3: Philippa Georgiou.
    4: Weyoun.
    5: Lore.
    (Q was more of a nuisance but decided to leave him off since I listed the Continuum as a real threat).

Wasted Potential by the Writers: Sela.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-11-2023 at 12:49 PM.

Ultimate Member

Gul Dukat
    Khaaaaan
    Borg Queen
    Kai Winn
    Founder Changeling

(Weyoun and even Damar were fun, but neither really made the cut as all-time major villain, IMO)

Yeah, her second story in particular is shared with Spock, so obviously she gets totally overshadowed there.

Kind of wonder why they didn't bother to use her in Deep Space Nine, or even Nemesis. There could've been a few ways to put her in PICARD as well, apart from the tiny Yar hologram.

Kind of wonder if Khan would've been regarded as just another TOS villain of the week (although memorable) if it wasn't for TWOK.

I know V'ger of course is not from the best movie, but his shear size/design and of course music ("Blaster beam" and haunting Goldsmith music which seems like a prototype of sorts for his POLTERGEIST work) and the eeriness of Khambatta's performance as the probe make him one of the more memorable villains for me.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-11-2023 at 01:00 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

From the movies (in descending order)

1. Khan Noonien Singh (Star Trek II)
    2. Borg Queen (Star Trek: First Contact)
    3. General Chang (Star Trek VI)
    4. Nero (Star Trek)
    5. Commander Kruge (Star Trek III)
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I know V'ger of course is not from the best movie, but his shear size/design and of course music ("Blaster beam" and haunting Goldsmith music which seems like a prototype of sorts for his POLTERGEIST work) and the eeriness of Khambatta's performance as the probe make him one of the more memorable villains for me.
    With all the talk of Voyager I & II recently, all I can think about is they will gonna come back and screw us!

My personal list has Khan Noonien Singh as the #1 villain, since his actions actually led to the death of a major character.

I know some people might disagree with Spock's opinion on the subject of Khan, but I think Spock summed it up the best when he said:

It was just the expression on Spock Prime's face when he heard Khan's name, even before he started explaining what Khan was all about.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-11-2023 at 09:35 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wonder if Khan would've been regarded as just another TOS villain of the week (although memorable) if it wasn't for TWOK.
    The answer is ... "Duh!" It's why they keep bringing back the concept of Khan and those enhanced beings, from "DS9" to "Enterprise" to "ST:Into Darkness" and a crew member of ST:SNW being a descendent of Khan.

The five that readily came to mind were:

Khan (Ricardo Montalban version)
    Gul Dukat
    Q
    Lore
    The Borg Queen
    The Founder Changeling

Q was obviously the most powerful but more of a nuisance. Hence in the middle. I never really liked "First Contact" changing the whole premise of the Borg from an enemy that could never truly be understood or reasoned with to having a ruler, hence the low rating. I might put Dukat first but, I think if you asked most people ho are not died in the wool Trekkies but casual fans who the number one villain is, they would say KHAAAAAAAAN! And, I mean, that's literally how they would say it.
    Power with Girl is better.

1. Alex Kurtzman
    2. Gul Dukat
    3. Kai Winn
    4. Khan Noonien Singh
    5. Lore
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Individuals
    1. Gul Dukat
    2. Q
    3. Borg Queen
    4. Khan
    5. Lore

Groups
    1. Klingons
    2. The Borg
    3. The Dominion
    4. Romulans
    5. Cardassians
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-12-2023 at 06:40 AM.

1. Female Changeling

2. Gul Dukat
    3. Borg Queen
    4. Khan
    5. Lore

Honourable Mentions: Seska, Kai Winn, Annorax, Commander Dolim (Xindi-Reptilian)

Gotta admit, Dolim had one of the coolest and coldest death scenes in Star Trek. That look from Archer afterwards!
    Last edited by nx01a; 05-12-2023 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The five that readily came to mind were:

Khan (Ricardo Montalban version)
    Gul Dukat
    Q
    Lore
    The Borg Queen
    The Founder Changeling

Q was obviously the most powerful but more of a nuisance. Hence in the middle. I never really liked "First Contact" changing the whole premise of the Borg from an enemy that could never truly be understood or reasoned with to having a ruler, hence the low rating. I might put Dukat first but, I think if you asked most people ho are not died in the wool Trekkies but casual fans who the number one villain is, they would say KHAAAAAAAAN! And, I mean, that's literally how they would say it.

Think Locotus was originally meant to be the "sole voice"/representative of the collective; TBOBW kind of played him off as something new, but First Contact and Picard season 3 just kind of retconned him into more of a male counterpart of the Queen (A Borg "King" if you will)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Here is my list and it is not really different then the others. But I ranked them as over all threat.

1. Female Changling/The Dominion - They took not only The Federation to brink but The Klingons as well.

2. The Borg. But as time went on they became less and less of a threat.

3. Gul Dukat - I place him above Khan because his actions were at a whole more damaging to the Federation where as Khan was just a Kirk bad. And he was a much more interesting character than Khan.

4. Khan - He was a pretty good villain and I really loved TWoK. But I put him lower because all of the above listed were bigger threats to The Federation as a whole and not just one captain.

5. Nero. He did a lot of damage in the short time he was around and I enjoyed him.

I didnt put Lore or Slea as they were only in a couple episodes and Were not such a huge threat they could not be over come rather easily. And to be honest neither were that interesting. They could have done a lot more with Sela and it bothers me how badly they dropped the ball on her.

And I dont consider Q a villain.

Was there ever a story or book where The Borg went after the Dominion?
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-12-2023 at 02:38 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.