Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Donna and Cassie barely appear in the main Wonder Woman books, Lizzie is confined to stories set in the future for the time being and Yara doesn't have a solo book, having to settle for being featured in Amazons Attack alongside Nubia, Faruka and Mary Marvel (who has no business being in a Wonder Woman book).

This problem is greatly overblown. Even if you think there are too many characters (in a comic series that has been running for more than 70 years), it's not like you have to use them all at once.

And Trinity isn't a Wonder Girl. She's not even using the name Wonder Girl, for God's sake.
    Faruka? I didn't even realize who that character was...It's time, the culling must occur...

Wonder Woman peaked when her "team" was her mother, herself as a teenager and herself as a toddler...It was so simple back then...the stories were in canon just made together with spliced video footage. Now that was real comic books...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Faruka? I didn't even realize who that character was...It's time, the culling must occur...

Wonder Woman peaked when her "team" was her mother, herself as a teenager and herself as a toddler...It was so simple back then...the stories were in canon just made together with spliced video footage. Now that was real comic books...
    No thanks, I'll stick to actual characters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-24-2023 at 06:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Donna and Cassie barely appear in the main Wonder Woman books, Lizzie is confined to stories set in the future for the time being and Yara doesn't have a solo book, having to settle for being featured in Amazons Attack alongside Nubia, Faruka and Mary Marvel (who has no business being in a Wonder Woman book).

This problem is greatly overblown. Even if you think there are too many characters (in a comic series that has been running for more than 70 years), it's not like you have to use them all at once.

And Trinity isn't a Wonder Girl. She's not even using the name Wonder Girl, for God's sake.
    Yeah, she became Robin before she became Wonder Girl lol. At this point, she is more of a Batman character than Wonder Woman character. I don't blame King, because Batman is what sells in DC.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Yeah, she became Robin before she became Wonder Girl lol. At this point, she is more of a Batman character than Wonder Woman character. I don't blame King, because Batman is what sells in DC.
    Wonder Robin and for all of 1 night. THE HORROR!

Astonishing Member

She's never even been announced as the new Wonder Girl.
    And ''Wonder Robin'' thing isn't her actual title they're moving forward with, it's just one time thing for one cute story, which establishes her relationship with Damian. Yeah, it would be better, if they at least cared about showing her relationship with Wonder Girls before that, but everybody knows why they're going this way.
    I would get this complaining if Damian was Batman and Lizzie became his actual Robin, but it's not the case.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wonder Robin and for all of 1 night. THE HORROR!
    Wonder Woman's daughter being more entrenched in Batman mythos, it is horror for any Wonder Woman fan.

Tom King didn't even introduce her to explore Diana as a character. He just had an idea of Supersons babysitting Mister Miracle's kid and then incorporated this idea into his WW run. Lizzie's connection to Diana feels like an afterthought.

I don't know about you, but I personally don't like Wonder Woman status quo being changed drastically just so a writer can write his Supersons stories.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 11-24-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Wonder Woman's daughter being more entrenched in Batman mythos, it is horror for any Wonder Woman fan.
    What little we have gotten from her character, she is actually more entrenched in Diana's mythos than Batman's. Damian babysitting her doesn't trump her being the daughter of an Amazon (either Diana or Emelie), wielding the lassos of Diana, Donna (?) and the new villain created for the WW book, her future opponents being 12 deities, and being privy to secret locations on Themyscira

It still feels kind of artificial to me.

Tom King didn't even introduce her to explore Diana as a character. He just had an idea of Supersons babysitting Mister Miracle's kid and then incorporated this idea into his WW run. Lizzie's connection to Diana feels like an afterthought.

I don't know about you, but I personally don't like Wonder Woman status quo being changed drastically just so a writer can write his Supersons stories.
    How is it being entrenched by Batman? This is the 2nd time we’ve actually seen Lizzie for one. The first time we saw Lizzie, she was dressed as a wonder character with every call back to Wonder Woman (hence the 3 lasso)

This is the 2nd time we seen Lizzie being baby sat at Wayne manor. Most likely Lizzie isn’t even an active fighter so at the batcave it makes sense for her to have a Robin inspired costume..which was a 1 time thing.

The next issue will show her doing a tournament on Themyscira wearing a Wonder Woman inspired costume as well..hell it is Wonder Woman’s costume.

People who write anything. Take inspiration from a lot of things

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Just saying this kind of excessive overexaggerated negativity harms whatever point your trying to make.

Like I get the apprehension and critiques surrounding Lizzie but constantly going "This is the worst thing to have ever happened to anyone in history" makes you liable to be taken less seriously since your not really providing anything that actually feels logical on any level.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What little we have gotten from her character, she is actually more entrenched in Diana's mythos than Batman's. Damian babysitting her doesn't trump her being the daughter of an Amazon (either Diana or Emelie), wielding the lassos of Diana, Donna (?) and the new villain created for the WW book, her future opponents being 12 deities, and being privy to secret locations on Themyscira
    I like how you list her being an Amazon's daughter and wielding lassos as some proof.

I mean, yeah that's the bare minimum for a character introduced as Wonder Woman's daughter. But that's just origin and iconography, it's the bare minimum. For all narrative purposes, she's tied more to Supersons than to Amazons as of this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    How is it being entrenched by Batman? This is the 2nd time we’ve actually seen Lizzie for one. The first time we saw Lizzie, she was dressed as a wonder character with every call back to Wonder Woman (hence the 3 lasso)

This is the 2nd time we seen Lizzie being baby sat at Wayne manor. Most likely Lizzie isn’t even an active fighter so at the batcave it makes sense for her to have a Robin inspired costume..which was a 1 time thing.

The next issue will show her doing a tournament on Themyscira wearing a Wonder Woman inspired costume as well..hell it is Wonder Woman’s costume.

People who write anything. Take inspiration from a lot of things
    Let's see when she actually interacts with a character from Wonder Woman's mythos.

When her entire reason for existing is to give Supersons a sister and her being Wonder Woman's daughter is just an afterthought, it tends to make me unsure about her.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Let's see when she actually interacts with a character from Wonder Woman's mythos.

When her entire reason for existing is to give Supersons a sister and her being Wonder Woman's daughter is just an afterthought, it tends to make me unsure about her.
    It definitely doesn't set her anymore in the Batverse or Superverse.

I like how you list her being an Amazon's daughter and wielding lassos as some proof.

I mean, yeah that's the bare minimum for a character introduced as Wonder Woman's daughter. But that's just origin and iconography, it's the bare minimum. For all narrative purposes, she's tied more to Supersons than to Amazons as of this point.
    It still shows how she isn't more of a bat character or super character

I mean I can’t say I agree until it actually happens. She hasn’t had any interactions outside of them. King also has been making her look much better than them. Just this last issue she defeated Killer Croc with 1 kick at the age of 5 while Damian was struggling.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Because it is. She isn't keeping her tools in a Bat Utility belt, is she?

Also I listed some other stuff that you conveniently ignored.