Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    Same I hope he never dies, gets some magical water from the Amazons and gets an elongated life..

That’s just my fear that I stated with Tom King’s writings
    I think he should do a super soldier experiment on Steve that was done to Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Artemis is a possibility. This being King there is another:

I’m only half-joking here. I do find the idea of Diana’s kid being the product of throuple interesting, and in line with King drawing on Marston.
    Lol, posted the same in another thread before reading this one. King has weird hate/love interest in Orion and keeps inserting him in his various storylines where any other character could be used instead. Azz played around with the idea of WW/Orion relationship so there would be already some background for the pairing.

I don't think that this is likely to be honest, but there is like 10% chance I'd say.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

If King were to follow Azzarello's lead and make Orion Trinity's father, I think that would make me drop the run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I got it, the father will turn out to be....... Paul from the current Spider-Man run

It all makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well we only got Donna Troy because most of the Justice League men had sidekicks and they needed a girl for a Teen Titans.
    This is wrong. Donna was created by accident, the first Teen Titans writer mistook Wonder Girl, who already existed, for a sidekick. However she and Wonder Tot were just time displaced younger versions of Diana, which I think was later explained as Tot being an imp like Bat-Mite and Mr Mxy and WG being a creation of hers. WG was more like Superboy than Robin. Had they realised their mistake, the female Teen Titan would've probably been Supergirl, the only other teen girl hero DC owned at the time (they didn't own Mary Marvel yet, the golden age JSA/All-Star Squadron sidekicks were AU at the time and would've been too old anyway, and others were only created later).

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I don't like Lizzie (or Elizabeth) as a name for a daughter of Diana.
    I think it's pretty ironic, considering that Queen Elizabeth II's ex-daughter-in-law was called Diana, the same as Wonder Woman. Bleeding Cool thought Lizzie was named after the late Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think the biggest thing about the costume is that it's very simple. Maybe having the armor extend totally to her torso would've made it look a little more fancy.

But kudos to King for giving her, her own identity instead of making her share the title like Jon has to or Damien will inherit. Makes it easier for her to be her own person
    True, she could've just been called Wonder Girl, especially since she's from 20 years in the future, when both Cassie and Yara would probably no longer be using that name.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Okay I wasn’t sold on Lizzie as the name but King explained that she’s named after Elizabeth Marston and I changed my mind, very sweet homage.
    Yeah, makes sense to name someone after a character's creator. It's like Batwoman being called Kate Kane, which I assume comes from Batman's original artist Bob Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think what really grates on me about this is it's just another symptom of comic books' (particularly DC) unhealthy fixation of completion, symmetry, and The Image over actual organic storytelling.

People love the idea of Diana having a kid just because Superman & Batman have kids. They love the Image of the Trinity's children standing next to each other. Now it's "complete."

Same reason certain people love the idea of Superman & Wonder Woman being a couple. Because it "makes sense." Because it makes a pretty picture. Never-mind that their relationship is boring AF and they have the chemistry of salt water & oil.

It's why people love the idea of the Justice League even though 90% of League stories are trash. Even the JL stuff generally agreed to be good has glaring blind spots.
    But it doesn't matter because people love the idea of the "big guns" teaming up. They love the Image of these characters standing next to each other...even if half of them contribute nothing to the story and/or are written like crap.

So now Wonder Woman is going to saddled with a brat because the other Trinity bros have brats, too. And DC's marketing is going to trumpet the three of them together all over the place because now the Image is complete...even if not one single worth-while story comes of it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I probable will continue to beat this drum until my dying day: Wonder Woman gains nothing of value existing in a shared universe. The direction of her world & character should not be dictated by what the other characters in the universe she's shackled to are doing. She'd be better off on her own & lose very little.
    Daft thing is, thanks to the New 52 origin, Cassie Sandsmark was already retconned as being Diana's niece. Diana's basically a second mother to her. She didn't need an actual daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Wow. Why do comic artist hate brunettes? For the most common hair color out there, there are so few brown hair superheroes. There's Hal, Ray Palmer, Ronnie (Firestorm), Mary Marvel, Jay (Flash), pre-flashpoint Carter Hall and a few Legionnaires. I'm sure there's more, but not as many as raven-haired, blondes or redheads. And most of them are men. I guess chestnut, mosey, and honey girls gets no love.
    It's to do with the old style four colour printing - cyan, magenta, yellow and black. So it was easier to have everyone have yellow (blonde), orange (ginger), or white (grey) or black hair. Brown would've needed a mix of magenta, yellow and black, and would probably not appear consistent. So it was rarely done back in the golden and silver ages.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I don’t think Bruce or Clark will be Trinity’s father.

Supers Sons are about to become the Super Scions.
    The Flash already showed that a roster with more kids on (including Jai and Irey West, and Maxine Baker, the daughter of Animal Man), would be called the Super Kids. Though I guess that name doesn't work when they're adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    She'll be 19 in a story set 20 years in the future, so... no.
    Diana could end up becoming pregnant in the present day. Or they could have her appear via time travel. She'd be from a future where Irey West and Judy Garrick, Wally and Jay's daughters, are The Flash, and one of them could be the one who sends Trinity back.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    How long until she dates Damian?

Because Superman and Batman have...
    They could use that for Nightwing.... Wally has kids, Roy has a daughter, Donna has a son....

Anyway, it's Tom King, and I don't trust him with anything, so......whatever God wants.
    Donna HAD a son. He was killed off along with his father and half-sister.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, I think people forget that all of Superman’s lore exists because DC went to Otto Binder and said “give him all the stuff Captain Marvel has.” Supergirl, Superboy, and Krypto exist because Captain Marvel had Mary and Captain Marvel Jr.; Brainiac is just Superman’s Mr. Mind; Jimmy Olson was a stock nothing character until Binder made him Tawky Tawny. And Diana herself began with the idea “what if we made a woman with Superman’s powers who could offer an alternative to the brand of masculinity he represents?”

Comics take ideas from each other, that’s just how the medium works. It only becomes a problem when the execution is lazy.
    Wait, so Superman ripped stuff off from Captain Marvel, yet won a court case claiming the Big Red Cheese was a rip-off of the Man of Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Wouldn't that be ripping off Captain America?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'm not the biggest Steve fan (don't dislike him, just not used enough honestly), but a child of Diana's in the main universe (who has a father) should 100% be a child of Steve Trevor.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

With so many people hating her codename what should it be w/out using WW or Fury?

Olympia is the easiest one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    With so many people hating her codename what should it be w/out using WW or Fury?

Olympia is the easiest one
    It really doesn’t matter does it? It’s Trinity right now, and they can always change it years later.
    “Lizzie” is here to stay though.

Fantastic Member

Brown hair and brown eyes are beautiful in real life. In my opinion, brown hair and brown eyes in a comic book is certainly a choice. Something about it dies on the page color-wise. I hope they can figure out something to liven it up a bit. Also, that sort of messy ponytail look needs to be cleaned up. Artemis rocks her ponytail much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It really doesn’t matter does it? It’s Trinity right now, and they can always change it years later.
    “Lizzie” is here to stay though.
    Most of the things we talk about here "dont really matter" as it wont change what is happening to WW yet we do all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Just a fan theory
    Good to know. Curious how they'll play it.

Hope they're not gonna do some dragged out stupid "who's the daddy?" story.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I dunno man, a super soldier named Steve? Nobody's reading that.

I'll see myself out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Good to know. Curious how they'll play it.

Hope they're not gonna do some dragged out stupid "who's the daddy?" story.

I dunno man, a super soldier named Steve? Nobody's reading that.

I'll see myself out.
    I'm sure lots of people would read it. Including Marvel's lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm sure lots of people would read it. Including Marvel's lawyers.
    Did Marvel lawyers read it when Deathstroke went through his? Does captain America use 100% of his brain like Slade?

I dont think Marvel is threatend by a supporting character named Steve gaining super strength. He has no title to his name. He likely wouldn't be called Captain _____ and in no way competes with Captain America.

I don't particularly like the idea.

Twenty years means Lizzie will go the route of Andy Curry. Though these two would be a cool duo. It just seems unnecessary and it definitely doesn't make me excited for the new title.