Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Tom King is on record saying The Contest is one of his favorite WW stories so I feel like he probably digs Artemis and won't kill her off.

Honestly if a character is killed off the one who makes the most sense by far is Cassie. She's had nothing substantial to do since the '00s, she doesn't bring anything unique to the table like Yara does with the Esquecida and her still-unexplored connection to indigenous Brazilian folklore, and she doesn't provide any kind of diversity. Plus if it's about making headlines Cassie is arguably just as well-known as Artemis because of the Young Justice TV show.

And I think grown-up Trinity will show up again sooner than you think. If I had to make a guess, either she's going to periodically interject because it's all framed around someone telling her a story or there's gonna be a backup about her.
    I would expect her to end up time travelling, like Huntress in JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Y'all: Tom King is going to kill somebody in the Wonder Woman family because that's the type of sad/deconstruction stuff he likes to do! He did it to Batman. So..."

Tom King:

"It's not a deconstruction. I'm not tearing her apart and seeing how sad I can make her," King said. "Even in a way I did to Batman. The point of this book is to show you how awesome Wonder Woman is. It is to show you a kick-ass warrior. It is to show you someone who fights for peace. It's to show you someone who is a rebel against the system, so that's all of it. This is to put the highlight on a character who doesn't need to be fixed. So that's the intention for the book."
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/wo...the-character/
    Last edited by HotBoy; 07-03-2023 at 04:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Tom King is on record saying The Contest is one of his favorite WW stories so I feel like he probably digs Artemis and won't kill her off.

Honestly if a character is killed off the one who makes the most sense by far is Cassie. She's had nothing substantial to do since the '00s, she doesn't bring anything unique to the table like Yara does with the Esquecida and her still-unexplored connection to indigenous Brazilian folklore, and she doesn't provide any kind of diversity. Plus if it's about making headlines Cassie is arguably just as well-known as Artemis because of the Young Justice TV show.

And I think grown-up Trinity will show up again sooner than you think. If I had to make a guess, either she's going to periodically interject because it's all framed around someone telling her a story or there's gonna be a backup about her.
    Well, CAssie hasn’t died unlike the rest of her peers: Kon-El, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Diana, Artemis, Donna, and Hippolyta.
    So you may be right.

Obviously she’ll be brought back later on, as per comics, but for being around as long as she has, she hasn’t died yet.

Gonna echo Hotboy that I don't see King going for a shock comic death at the moment, at least based on interviews at the moment.

I also doubt that Artemis or Cassie dying would actually cause much shock or publicity. WW's cast, sadly, just isn't developed to such an extent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I also doubt that Artemis or Cassie dying would actually cause much shock or publicity. WW's cast, sadly, just isn't developed to such an extent.
    Depends if they die in a Mortal Kombat kind of way or a Sue Dibny kind of way. That would be shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    This video perfectly sums up Trinity’s rather abrasive first appearance. Hopefully the “She’s just the BEST, deal with it” approach to this (rather unnecessary) character softens up if they’re planning on keep her around for a while.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Y'all: Tom King is going to kill somebody in the Wonder Woman family because that's the type of sad/deconstruction stuff he likes to do! He did it to Batman. So..."

Tom King:

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/wo...the-character/
    Wrote Batman and made him sad.
    Wrote Mister Miracle and made him sad.
    Wrote Adam Strange and made him sad.
    Wrote Heroes in Crisis.

Yeah. I'm going to believe him now lol.
    "Cable was right!"

didnt he also say his Supergirl story was supposed to be different from his usual deconstruction stuff and even compared his plans for Wonder Woman to his Supergirl run?

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    This video perfectly sums up Trinity’s rather abrasive first appearance. Hopefully the “She’s just the BEST, deal with it” approach to this (rather unnecessary) character softens up if they’re planning on keep her around for a while.
    You all need to read the comments, they're not good. Lizzie's debut isn't going over very well, first impressions are lasting impressions.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wrote Batman and made him sad.
    Wrote Mister Miracle and made him sad.
    Wrote Adam Strange and made him sad.
    Wrote Heroes in Crisis.

Yeah. I'm going to believe him now lol.
    Aiight then. Believe whatever you want. I guess we'll know for sure during his run.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    You all need to read the comments, they're not good. Lizzie's debut isn't going over very well, first impressions are lasting impressions.
    Some of those comments feel like they're using this as a cover to bash a female character. I'm not celebrating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    didnt he also say his Supergirl story was supposed to be different from his usual deconstruction stuff and even compared his plans for Wonder Woman to his Supergirl run?
    It was still kind of sad though.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Some of those comments feel like they're using this as a cover to bash a female character. I'm not celebrating this.
    Come on man, this is Casually Comics, she strongly supports female characters and doesn't have a toxic fan base. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.