Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
I think what really grates on me about this is it's just another symptom of comic books' (particularly DC) unhealthy fixation of completion, symmetry, and The Image over actual organic storytelling.

People love the idea of Diana having a kid just because Superman & Batman have kids. They love the Image of the Trinity's children standing next to each other. Now it's "complete."

Same reason certain people love the idea of Superman & Wonder Woman being a couple. Because it "makes sense." Because it makes a pretty picture. Never-mind that their relationship is boring AF and they have the chemistry of salt water & oil.

It's why people love the idea of the Justice League even though 90% of League stories are trash. Even the JL stuff generally agreed to be good has glaring blind spots.
But it doesn't matter because people love the idea of the "big guns" teaming up. They love the Image of these characters standing next to each other...even if half of them contribute nothing to the story and/or are written like crap.

So now Wonder Woman is going to saddled with a brat because the other Trinity bros have brats, too. And DC's marketing is going to trumpet the three of them together all over the place because now the Image is complete...even if not one single worth-while story comes of it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I probable will continue to beat this drum until my dying day: Wonder Woman gains nothing of value existing in a shared universe. The direction of her world & character should not be dictated by what the other characters in the universe she's shackled to are doing. She'd be better off on her own & lose very little.
I get what you're saying and am approaching this with some trepidation. On the other hand, King named her after Elizabeth Marston, so it's hard for me not to feel touched in some way.