Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    He will say nothing, i bet. If he wanted to find out why his daughter likes WW so much. I wonder if he views his daughter as being inferior to men. Just like he views WW as inferior to sm.
    Completely uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Dianas outfit in the future is decent. Shame Lizzies is wasted. Apart from the neck piece, it's a good WG costume. Give it Cassie!
    I just find it amusing that she's wearing pants.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Completely uncalled for.
    He wants to do ''justice'' to a feminist icon because of his daughter. But he took the time to tell the readers, this woman is no superman. She can't match him. So what kind of message is he really selling to young girls like his daughter? That is what i mean. I should have articulated my thoughts better. This issue was more in line with the put WW in her place approach of other writers that have worked on WW. This is not the message WW and the people who look up to this icon need,
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-30-2024 at 10:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He wants to do ''justice'' to a feminist icon because of his daughter. But he took the time to tell the readers, this woman is no superman. She can't match him. So what kind of message is he really selling to young girls like his daughter? This issue was more in line with the put her in her place approach of other writers that have worked on WW. This is not the message WW and the people who look up to this icon need,
    Not being as fast as Superman doesn't make her inferior or show how he views his daughter or women in general. Trying to bring their personal lives into your power dislikes is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Not being as fast as Superman doesn't make her inferior or show how he views his daughter or women in general. Trying to bring their personal lives into your power dislikes is ridiculous.
    He said WW doesn't have superman's power, not just speed. It was about power in general and how she is not in his league. He is selling WW as inferior to sm. That is not the kind of message WW needs. He could have left sm completely out of the picture, but no, he had to make sure to remaind the writers, including young girls, that the feminist icon WW can't compete with the man of steel. I am not dissing his daghter, or at least it was not my intention. Which is why i changed my original post. I am simply pointing out the irony in his approach, he is trying to create a positive message with WW, yet he is telling us her power is inferior to a man.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-30-2024 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The punching was a bit much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Quoi?

Que?
    I really enjoyed what he was doing… up until the punch. Having each strike their mothers to the point of knocking them down felt a step too far. Shove them, scream at them, threaten to get someone else to shoot them instead, all of that would have felt more true. But I strongly disagree with the people elsewhere saying Hippolyta and Diana would never fight or that Diana would be a perfect mother without flaws, those arguments hold no water for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I really enjoyed what he was doing… up until the punch. Having each strike their mothers to the point of knocking them down felt a step too far. Shove them, scream at them, threaten to get someone else to shoot them instead, all of that would have felt more true. But I strongly disagree with the people elsewhere saying Hippolyta and Diana would never fight or that Diana would be a perfect mother without flaws, those arguments hold no water for me.
    No one is saying that from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-31-2024 at 12:34 AM.

Swiss army nerd

He said WW doesn't have superman's power, not just speed. It was about power in general and how she is not in his league. He is selling WW as inferior to sm. That is not the kind of message WW needs. He could have left sm completely out of the picture, but no, he had to make sure to remaind the writers, including young girls, that the feminist icon WW can't compete with the man of steel. I am not dissing his daghter, or at least it was not my intention. Which is why i changed my original post. I am simply pointing out the irony in his approach, he is trying to create a positive message with WW, yet he is telling us her power is inferior to a man.
    You need to apply some reading comprehension here. She specifically mentions Clark's power with reference to bullets, as in, faster than a speeding bullet. That's all. He's not saying Wonder Woman is inferior to Superman, only that she's not as fast.

And saying that how he writes Wonder Woman means he views his daughter as inferior to men is an outrageous personal attack. You seem to miss the key point and message of a character you claim to love. A real Wonder Woman fan you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    She specifically mentions Clark's power with reference to bullets, as in, faster than a speeding bullet. That's all..

But that bit specifically doesn't make sense considering that she's normally far more faster than a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one is saying that from what I've seen.
    I’ve seen people on Twitter and Reddit who have argued that, hence my use of “elsewhere”. Here’s the complaints are more power levels focused lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    But that bit specifically doesn't make sense considering that she's normally far more faster than a bullet.
    Whether you agree with the power scaling, the intention of the panel is clear - it's not saying Wonder Woman is weaker than Clark across the board, just that she can't outrace bullets in this situation like he could.

Whether you agree with the power scaling, the intention of the panel is clear - it's not saying Wonder Woman is weaker than Clark across the board, just that she can't outrace bullets in this situation like he could.
    Even that's not true. Especially not under King's pen.

Yes, the intention is to put her a step below him in this aspect even though normally she doesn't have this limitation.

You need to apply some reading comprehension here. She specifically mentions Clark's power with reference to bullets, as in, faster than a speeding bullet. That's all. He's not saying Wonder Woman is inferior to Superman, only that she's not as fast.

And saying that how he writes Wonder Woman means he views his daughter as inferior to men is an outrageous personal attack. You seem to miss the key point and message of a character you claim to love. A real Wonder Woman fan you are not.
    I was speaking in potential, Not attacking his child. Saying that WW is not faster than a bullet is indeed nerfing her and making her infirior to superman.WW has outran bullets countless times in the past. So yes, he created a context to breing superman up while bringing WW down in her own lore and comic. Not a good look.

And I don't care about your opinion about whetever i am a real WW fan or not. You are not the WW authority. So
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 01-31-2024 at 01:47 AM.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Even that's not true. Especially not under King's pen.
    Again, not arguing consistency or power scaling, but just the intention of the panel, which I think is very clear in context. I think King writes the power stuff poorly (Harley being able to steal the lasso, for example, in Heroes in Crisis). And my take on Wonder Woman is that she could intercept the bullet very easily. I just think the panel wasn't making any assertions or statements on WW or her power beyond "she can't stop that bullet".