Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nor should she be, that’s how you end up with Jon, who is so utterly bland here because his voice is indistinguishable from Clark. DC ruined Jon because they went “he’s a good hecking kiderino because his parents are good hecking adulterinos” and the end product was a guy whose only difference from his dad is his bisexuality. At least Lizzie is never going to be confused with Diana, and she does potentially offer the opportunity for fun interactions with Diana because of how Diana may react to having a cocky daughter.

I also have two younger sisters (two younger brothers too) and the youngest sister is pretty much exactly like Lizzie. Acts cocky but also uses sarcasm for everything so that you know she doesn’t *really* care about anything, she’s far too cool to do that. To me King nailed the vibe of “younger sister trying to be cool to her older brothers”, I definitely connected how she interacts with Damian and Jon to how my youngest sister interacts with my two younger bros who are closer in age to her but still much older.

King will give her flaws, I doubt she’s anywhere near as ready as she thinks she is. If he doesn’t then I think it’s fair to criticize that, but I’ll wait until we see more of what his long term plan for her is.
    Yeah, my first thought was Korra from Legend of Korra. Learns at a young age that she'll inherit tons of power and responsibilities as her birthright; grows into a hot-headed, arrogant teen who's really gung ho about her role as the chosen one; and then struggles like hell when she has to start fulfilling her duties. Korra's entire character arc is learning from her failures until she grows into a humble, compassionate adult and I can already see Lizzie developing in a similar way. Plus, as you said, there's a pretty classic "youngest is insecure about being the baby so they overcompensate" dynamic here.

And agreed, both visually and personality-wise I'm glad she's so different from Diana. I don't have strong feelings on her yet because we just met her and I get why people have gripes with the way her dialog was written, but in principle I don't mind her being kind of over-confident and snarky as a teen. Leaves room for her to grow and gives her something to offer that Diana doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, my first thought was Korra from Legend of Korra. Learns at a young age that she'll inherit tons of power and responsibilities as her birthright; grows into a hot-headed, arrogant teen who's really gung ho about her role as the chosen one; and then struggles like hell when she has to start fulfilling her duties. Korra's entire character arc is learning from her failures until she grows into a humble, compassionate adult and I can already see Lizzie developing in a similar way. Plus, as you said, there's a pretty classic "youngest is insecure about being the baby so they overcompensate" dynamic here.

And agreed, both visually and personality-wise I'm glad she's so different from Diana. I don't have strong feelings on her yet because we just met her and I get why people have gripes with the way her dialog was written, but in principle I don't mind her being kind of over-confident and snarky as a teen. Leaves room for her to grow and gives her something to offer that Diana doesn't.
    I agree with her being different in personality from Diana (and that being a good thing even if she seems too similar to Yara). That said, aside from the brown hair (which I appreciate), but I think she could have been more visually distinct from Diana. I don't really like that she's also using a lasso, let alone three.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with her being different in personality from Diana (and that being a good thing even if she seems too similar to Yara). That said, aside from the brown hair (which I appreciate), but I think she could have been more visually distinct from Diana. I don't really like that she's also using a lasso, let alone three.
    Brown hair. Brown eyes. Ponytail. Totally covered. T emblem instead of W....she is very much her own character with some ties to her mother.

Wasn’t Diana a confident and cocky kid when she was a child? Lizzie may get that from her as well. She have big shoes to fill

Incredible Member

I picked up WW # 800 this past week and only yesterday had a chance to read it .
    I did enjoy the main story more and was curious what Tom King would write for his story.
    Been reading a lot of different stuff by King over the years .
    So I was wondering what King's take on Wonder Woman would be, since he's starting out with a # 1 in September I think .
    Well it wasn't a bad story at all , but now I see that King's Wonder Woman will be about Diana's daughter and not Diana herself .
    I was kind of assuming that King would do an Azzarello type of story about WW , but it's something completely different.
    I'll try the first couple of issues to be fair , even though the book isn't what I thought it would be about .
    I guess that I just didn't pay attention to the solicitations and that's on me .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Well it wasn't a bad story at all , but now I see that King's Wonder Woman will be about Diana's daughter and not Diana herself .
    I was kind of assuming that King would do an Azzarello type of story about WW , but it's something completely different.
    I'll try the first couple of issues to be fair , even though the book isn't what I thought it would be about .
    I guess that I just didn't pay attention to the solicitations and that's on me .
    Well according to Tom King himself the story is actually about Diana, and the stuff about her daughter comes later.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I feel like the framing becomes complicated if she is actually the leader of the Justice League too at her age. Then she is actually deemed the best by the other heroes that made her the leader by following her.
    I would imagine her team is other young heroes. Aquawoman from Future State for example, who would only be a couple of years older than her. Her Flash could be Irey West. Superman and Batman could be the oldest members - despite being Jon and Damian and not Clark and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    And if it’s present day, I doubt Trinity will ever be. Diana will still be active as Wonder Woman so she will still have her lasso. She can’t be Trinity with 2 lassos.
    Trinity can only be active in the present day by time travel, like Huntress (Batman's daughter) in JSA. That would also explain a duplicated lasso.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Wasn’t Diana a confident and cocky kid when she was a child? Lizzie may get that from her as well. She have big shoes to fill
    The Young Diana stuff recently certainly shows her that way. She wanted to go out and have adventures but others were being overprotective and tried to stop her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hmm...Now im wondering if Yara is going to be killed off in Kings run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hmm...Now im wondering if Yara is going to be killed off in Kings run.
    That's a good point , I hadn't thought of that .
    Maybe there will be too many Wonder Women/Girls ?
    It's like the Batfamily , too many .

Well it occurs to me that the initial storyline is teased to be about the government going after Amazons living in the states. Yaras an American living in Idaho. Given Kings way of doing things, I could easily see him killing someone off to make an impact. Or have her do war crimes or commit suicide I guess.

Would certainly pave the way for a justice league where Trinity is its leader in the future if Yara isnt around to take her future state roll

Sooo a new, untested, creation needs the death of Yara Flor to pave the way for her success?

I already hate Lizzie enough, let's not add more fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That aspect I actually don't mind since I know these are corporate characters and it makes sense to play safe with them from a marketing perspective. I'm not surprised at all the children of DC's Big 3 are the spitting images of their parents.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Now we already jumped on the "yara is going to die because of WWs unborn child?" With
    ..no proof whatsoever? Just to find something to be mad about?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Now we already jumped on the "yara is going to die because of WWs unborn child?" With
    ..no proof whatsoever? Just to find something to be mad about?
    Wonder Woman readers are so used to being either disrespected or ignored, and we've become so accustomed to our worst fears about the book and the character coming true, that we now invent worst-case scenarios, almost as a mechanism to prepare us for anything horrible coming down the pike.

Ain't that wild? We have sort of trauma-bonded to the book when, in many cases, simply walking away from it is healthier.

im not theorizing to be mad about it, I just like making guesses on where a story will go based on information presented. We know the run will focus on a task force whose job it is to hunt down Amazons living in America, and unless King establishes otherwise, thats a pretty short list.