Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I always do. *sips champagne*

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Right. Great examples. But you buried the lede. You could have just said that in the beginning instead of pretending that it was impossible that any of the comments could have been informed by sexism and misogyny.
    Unless Tom King is a woman, that misogyny comment makes no sense.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Unless Tom King is a woman, that misogyny comment makes no sense.
    Right. Because sexism/misogyny can only be expressed if the writer is a woman, not the character. It's not like we don't have mounds and mounds of evidence to the contrary. If a fictional character can be a symbol of feminism and women's empowerment, then a fictional character can also be the target of real-world sexism and misogyny.

You know what? Never mind. Y'all are too unserious to be having an adult conversation with. Peace.

on a different note, any guesses as to what the black lasso actually does?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I think it's the death bringer to lies. It causes cellular corruption and poisons the victim's life force. It works on illusions as well because they're also untruths.

LASSO BLACK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay if we're gonna be engaging in character tribalism, I have to say that one thing Lizzie has going for her compared to Yara is the former is actually part of her author's story.

Like the big issue with Yara is that she is a character created for an obsolete status quo, an issue she suffers along with the rest of the Future State characters. While her book was cancelled extremally early and for an easily preventable reason, it should be reminded that all the books starring the rest of the FS Justice League got cancelled or discontinued in some way. Jo Mullein's Green Lantern series got cancelled at 12 issues, Andy Curry had to be replaced by Jackson Hyde whose own series Aquamen was cancelled at a paltry 6 issues (and this is after getting an entire mini-series to build him up as Aquaman), Jess Chambers hasn't appeared since the end of their Teen Justice mini barring an appearance in the recent Pride book, with Jon Kent and Jace Fox's chugging along the longest at 18 issues before being cancelled to little fanfare.

Yara is a character without a story, capsized of a signature run that all characters need. Like say what you will about Donna and Cass' at times irrelevancy but at least they have been part of previously celebrated runs and teams, while Yara's own Justice League doesn't even exist currently if it ever will.

Lizzie is at least part of a planned story by her creator King, similar to how Damian's development largely came from his creator Morrison. Now sure King's run could wind up bad, but if it turns out good then at least Lizzie will have something significant associated with her.
    Yeah, this character suffers from the weird starting point of "hey look at me, the friend you've known for years".... and is getting paired with characters that HAVE actually been used for years.

One idea that got floated around, was that they could have used Lyta Milton for the WW part of their new JL. "But she's...." so what? the bat part is DAMIAN. Also, Diana did a stint as foster mother for Lyta.

Pretty sure this didn't happen just because they just... shelved Lyta and decided not to use her again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Right. Because sexism/misogyny can only be expressed if the writer is a woman, not the character. It's not like we don't have mounds and mounds of evidence to the contrary. If a fictional character can be a symbol of feminism and women's empowerment, then a fictional character can also be the target of real-world sexism and misogyny.

You know what? Never mind. Y'all are too unserious to be having an adult conversation with. Peace.
    I asked that because the commenters they posted were criticizing Tom King more than Lizzie but whatever.
    "Cable was right!"

I think it's the death bringer to lies. It causes cellular corruption and poisons the victim's life force. It works on illusions as well because they're also untruths.

LASSO BLACK.jpg
    Outside of the poisoning effect, the golden lasso does this already.... still do not see a reason for these lassos.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

We have to actually know what the other two are about and why she has them

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Outside of the poisoning effect, the golden lasso does this already.... still do not see a reason for these lassos.
    True, I was kind of mixing the golden lasso with the PDR but that's all I could come up with. Honestly if the golden lasso could command like it did originally it would be all anyone would need, even if it did everything it's been shown to do since Crisis that would be enough.

The 3 lassos of fate makes me think the black one represents Atropos the embodiment of death and the cutter of threads, but maybe that's too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    This video perfectly sums up Trinity’s rather abrasive first appearance. Hopefully the “She’s just the BEST, deal with it” approach to this (rather unnecessary) character softens up if they’re planning on keep her around for a while.
    Wonder if the script would've played better in an audio format? Had the scene played out onscreen, the actor could've tailored the delivery to make it more obvious that the teasing comes from a place of genuine affection.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder if the script would've played better in an audio format? Had the scene played out onscreen, the actor could've tailored the delivery to make it more obvious that the teasing comes from a place of genuine affection.
    perhaps.... perhaps.... perhaps not.

LASSO BLACK.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We have to actually know what the other two are about and why she has them
    True, I was kind of mixing the golden lasso with the PDR but that's all I could come up with. Honestly if the golden lasso could command like it did originally it would be all anyone would need, even if it did everything it's been shown to do since Crisis that would be enough.

The 3 lassos of fate makes me think the black one represents Atropos the embodiment of death and the cutter of threads, but maybe that's too obvious.
    Ooh, additional lassos!

Besides the Black Lasso, I WONDER what colors are the others?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ooh, additional lassos!

Besides the Black Lasso, I WONDER what colors are the others?
    their in the picture
    a golden one which is probably the lasso of truth
    and a silver one which people say might be Donnas

their in the picture
    a golden one which is probably the lasso of truth
    and a silver one which people say might be Donnas
    Ah, thanks! (I thought there were other ones, lol).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!