Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

After reading issue # 3 , I think that it's very possible for Trinity to be Diana's adopted daughter .
    The book leads me to believe that Emilie is/was pregnant at the time .
    Anything can change during this run , but I'm inclined to think that.
    Also I read on here that King is going to do 80 issues which I don't believe . He was also going to do 100-105 issues of Batman but didn't .
    But so far it's been interesting at least. Not the best Tom King not the worst either.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    After reading issue # 3 , I think that it's very possible for Trinity to be Diana's adopted daughter .
    The book leads me to believe that Emilie is/was pregnant at the time .
    Anything can change during this run , but I'm inclined to think that.
    Also I read on here that King is going to do 80 issues which I don't believe . He was also going to do 100-105 issues of Batman but didn't .
    But so far it's been interesting at least. Not the best Tom King not the worst either.
    His Batman run ended (cut short?) and he was forced to finish in a separate mini that was off the mainline book. Hoping to avoid that scenario here…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I say more power to it. I admit id probably get tired of only one writer on the book for that long, but considering Kanigher had some 200 issues for his run across Wonder and Sensation, weve had worse.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Trinity is not Wonder Woman's bio daughter
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Donna and Cassie barely appear in the main Wonder Woman books, Lizzie is confined to stories set in the future for the time being and Yara doesn't have a solo book, having to settle for being featured in Amazons Attack alongside Nubia, Faruka and Mary Marvel (who has no business being in a Wonder Woman book).

This problem is greatly overblown. Even if you think there are too many characters (in a comic series that has been running for more than 70 years), it's not like you have to use them all at once.

And Trinity isn't a Wonder Girl. She's not even using the name Wonder Girl, for God's sake.
    Yeah - despite the fact that being from two decades in the future, she logically could've been. Cassie and Yara would have likely rebranded by then (Yara being the active Wonder Woman as shown in Future State, and Cassie using some other name).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I agree. Great gif.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Trinity is not Wonder Woman's bio daughter

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    His Batman run ended (cut short?) and he was forced to finish in a separate mini that was off the mainline book. Hoping to avoid that scenario here…

I started getting the Bat/Cat mini initially but because of too many delays I gave up after issue #5.
    I know that it's available as a Hardcover , but I prefer the TP . I would like to read it eventually .
    Also I really would love to know what King's original plan for the 100-105 issues would have been .
    Seeing that I bought all his Batman run , would like to know how he would have ended the run .

P.S. Right now I don't think that Trinity is Diana's biological daughter . But it could change .

I started getting the Bat/Cat mini initially but because of too many delays I gave up after issue #5.
    I know that it's available as a Hardcover , but I prefer the TP . I would like to read it eventually .
    Also I really would love to know what King's original plan for the 100-105 issues would have been .
    Seeing that I bought all his Batman run , would like to know how he would have ended the run .

P.S. Right now I don't think that Trinity is Diana's biological daughter . But it could change .
    It ended exactly how he intended. The 15 issues we didn't get were to be villian of the week stories.

https://ew.com/books/2019/12/18/tom-...tman-catwoman/

Extraordinary Member

Trinity Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Daniel Sampere & Belen Ortega

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Trinity Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Daniel Sampere & Belen Ortega

Omg she dresses up as a Robin!?! The ordacity!

Ah...So the 'special' is just a collection of all the back issue stories

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I hope they have at least 1 original story.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I believe it was said it would have a new story in the book.

Slightly OT, but this podcast interview with Tom King from awhile back is a brilliant exploration of what he intended for his Batman run, his battles and frustrations with how it was marketed, why it ended early etc. I found it really interesting and also very helpful for understanding how he approaches these projects, because it left me with a lot of goodwill towards him for how he's clearly plotting this Wonder Woman run for a long haul.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Y0...QKysdzPmRJBmSw

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I believe it was said it would have a new story in the book.
    Being a collection with one new story, I gotta wonder if it’ll justify the price tag. Especially since I have expensive taste and would have likely bought the Jimenez variant, lol.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog