Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I don't particularly like the idea.

Twenty years means Lizzie will go the route of Andy Curry. Though these two would be a cool duo. It just seems unnecessary and it definitely doesn't make me excited for the new title.
    Yeah. They should've time displaced Andy so they could keep using the teenage version. Maybe they could have one of the Flashes from 20 years in the future (which would be Irey West and Judy Garrick based on recent issues of The Flash and JSA) send Aquawoman and Trinity back in time?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. They should've time displaced Andy so they could keep using the teenage version. Maybe they could have one of the Flashes from 20 years in the future (which would be Irey West and Judy Garrick based on recent issues of The Flash and JSA) send Aquawoman and Trinity back in time?
    Andy will probably end up going to another water dimension like Netherspace, where time moves faster, and return a tween.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There's something funny how Andy was intended to be the 5G/Future State Aquawoman but since the cancellation of 5G meant no major time-skip, they had to switch to Jackson Hyde as the new legacy Aqua-person since they can't age Andy up now

To think the possible Aquawoman title would prolly have been writer by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Andy's creator and writer of the Aquaman title before the Infinite Frontier run.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    On a murky technicality, The Kingdom, which if you read it, post-crisis (pre-2015), can be seen as canon. I can't recall ever reading a wiki/article or watching a video of anything contradicting The Kingdom either.
    I suppose technically speaking Kingdom Come and the follow-up Kingdom mini could have been seen as "the" future of the DCU, at least at one point. Gods know DC has pulled from it often enough; Nuklon going by Atom Smasher, the Red Robin costume/name, DC has tried to bring Magog in a few times, etc.

But personally I don't consider KC to be canon. It's a great story, but it's built on the premise of the big name heroes all breaking character and doing something they normally never would have. It's a cautionary tale built on taking relatively minor foibles from the heroes and blowing them up into much more influential flaws, a timeline where everything went sideways, not the path DC 'should' tread.

Especially when it comes to Diana.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-14-2023 at 08:06 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yes, a story written by Mark Waid definitely shouldn’t have any consideration when it comes to writing WW.

Unless as a “how not to” guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yes, a story written by Mark Waid definitely shouldn’t have any consideration when it comes to writing WW.

Unless as a “how not to” guide.
    I mean, his 80th anniversary short was good

Not too sold on the Trinity hero name, Fury isn't getting used anywhere I think, but after seeing the reasoning for the Lizzie name it is a nice homage to the character's origins. I haven't followed the current WW stories that much, but I guess with how successful Damian and Jon have been it was just a matter of time until Diana got her own biological kid. It is a bit different with a female hero having a kid, especially one with the stature of Wonder Woman, because if they actually become pregnant do you see them have to deal with being a hero while carrying the child to term? Will it all be skipped over? And I guess because of the Wonder Woman mythos it is a very real possibility the child could be made from clay. I'm not sure which is the best option. Clay would be the easiest to do I guess. I imagine that Steve will probably be the dad in some form, but who knows. I'd at least like Steve over some new original character.

I do understand pairing her with Damian and Jon because of the three of them being Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman's biological kids, but because their ages will be so different, Jon will be close to 20 years older than her, I don't know if their grouping feels natural. Since you would figure Lizzie would have her own generation of heroes that haven't been created yet. I'm sure King will address all this as he seems interested in at least developing some kind of stories with the 3 of them across the different times, but it feels almost like a certainty that she will go back in time to interact with Damian, Jon, and Diana in the present.

Extraordinary Member

Not saying it will happen this moment, but Diana has plenty of substitutes available to fill in for her as Wonder Woman, during a latter pregnancy. Yara, Nubia, Donna even Artemis, Hippolyta and Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's all of them. Cassie and Yara are both currently Wonder Girl, Donna used to use the name, and Trinity basically serves the same role, but Trinity is her codename, not her secret identity.

Yeah, there's two Furys. The mantle is vacant though, since one was a golden age character and the other died pre-Flashpoint. I think they should give the name to Cassie.
    At this point I'd be fine with Cassie moving on from "Wonder Girl" and getting a new moniker she can call her own. She's suffering from middle child syndrome as is and with Wonder Woman's new daughter she'll further fade into the background.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    At this point I'd be fine with Cassie moving on from "Wonder Girl" and getting a new moniker she can call her own. She's suffering from middle child syndrome as is and with Wonder Woman's new daughter she'll further fade into the background.
    I think Cassie should take Fury, myself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not saying it will happen this moment, but Diana has plenty of substitutes available to fill in for her as Wonder Woman, during a latter pregnancy. Yara, Nubia, Donna even Artemis, Hippolyta and Cassie.
    Filling in for her while she's pregnant?? She's Wonder Woman! That's literally what you call a pregnant woman who's kicking ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not too sold on the Trinity hero name, Fury isn't getting used anywhere I think, but after seeing the reasoning for the Lizzie name it is a nice homage to the character's origins. I haven't followed the current WW stories that much, but I guess with how successful Damian and Jon have been it was just a matter of time until Diana got her own biological kid. It is a bit different with a female hero having a kid, especially one with the stature of Wonder Woman, because if they actually become pregnant do you see them have to deal with being a hero while carrying the child to term? Will it all be skipped over? And I guess because of the Wonder Woman mythos it is a very real possibility the child could be made from clay. I'm not sure which is the best option. Clay would be the easiest to do I guess. I imagine that Steve will probably be the dad in some form, but who knows. I'd at least like Steve over some new original character.
    On one hand I want something in line with the clay origin thematically, but on the other it'd be awesome to see Diana rocking while pregnant. I guess you could do both with some kind of mystical pregnancy that she self-actualizes. The only thing is that it'd be tough to keep her pregnancy consistent if she appeared in other books.

There's also the fact that Diana carrying a child to term and dealing with the accompanying challenges is reeeeally not a story that should be told by a cis man. And I think most male writers would agree with that, just like cis woman writers would agree that a story about Batman dealing with his prostate health is firmly out of their wheelhouse...

Just on that basis I'm betting on clay baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think Cassie should take Fury, myself.
    Agreed. I like Fury for Cassie and Troia for Donna. Guess Yara's stuck with Wonder Girl even though she's a grown-ass woman.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Filling in for her while she's pregnant?? She's Wonder Woman! That's literally what you call a pregnant woman who's kicking ass!

On one hand I want something in line with the clay origin thematically, but on the other it'd be awesome to see Diana rocking while pregnant. I guess you could do both with some kind of mystical pregnancy that she self-actualizes. The only thing is that it'd be tough to keep her pregnancy consistent if she appeared in other books.

There's also the fact that Diana carrying a child to term and dealing with the accompanying challenges is reeeeally not a story that should be told by a cis man. And I think most male writers would agree with that, just like cis woman writers would agree that a story about Batman dealing with his prostate health is firmly out of their wheelhouse...

Just on that basis I'm betting on clay baby.

Agreed. I like Fury for Cassie and Troia for Donna. Guess Yara's stuck with Wonder Girl even though she's a grown-ass woman.
    Eh, I don't think Diana fighting while pregnant with a child that would be in danger is a good idea.

Yeah, wouldn't it be cool if Diana was shown to be a terrible mother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh, I don't think Diana fighting while pregnant with a child that would be in danger is a good idea.
    Seems like an easy problem to write around: just put her in a situation where she can't choose whether to fight or not.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Xena fought while pregnant and it didn't make her horrible.