Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Lizzie is her real name
    Is it? Or are you just playing around?

Fantastic Member

No it really is edited it with the link

Thank Christ this is only a future story.

I've said before, but of all the reasons to give Diana a kid, "Because Superman and Batman have kids" is probably the dumbest. Hell, it's even in her name. "Trinity."

I hate her already and hope she's exiled to limbo alongside dead-beat Jason.

Not a great start, King

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm apparently the only one who doesn't care for the costume. Can't quite put my finger on it as to why, maybe it's the color blocking but the one exception I know being I do not care for the boots. I would rather they have made them all gold or given her the white trim from Diana's earlier boots. The two stars at the top aren't necessary and just add to busy-ness.
    I am curious to see how this goes though. It does see to be a future story and not anything in the present as he mentions having her having "older brothers" in Jon and Damien. She looks to be mid/late teens herself so for Damien to be an older brother, it's got to be a good ways down the road.

Fantastic Member

No I don't like the costume either. It's not horrible or anything just not something I like.

I’m not a fan of the outfit either. It looks too similar to Yara Flor’s, with the red and blue body suit and gold armor pieces. And I already dislike that design lol.

Astonishing Member

I hope this doesn't preclude Lyta/Fury being brought back into WW mythos, but I'm sure King wanted to create his own character. That said -- Lyta Trevor is still the first daughter created -- and was the daughter to the very first Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

I've said before, but of all the reasons to give Diana a kid, "Because Superman and Batman have kids" is probably the dumbest. Hell, it's even in her name. "Trinity."

Not a great start, King
    Well we only got Donna Troy because most of the Justice League men had sidekicks and they needed a girl for a Teen Titans.

We got Lyta Trevor because Earth 2 Superman already had Powergirl and Batman had Huntress.

So this is par the course.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Lizzie....I guess short for Elizabeth?

So we have:
    Lyta (Hippoltya)
    Stephanie
    Donna
    Lizzie

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

Not a great start, King
    She is definitely going to come into play...I doubt they'd go through all of this for one issue

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hope this doesn't preclude Lyta/Fury being brought back into WW mythos, but I'm sure King wanted to create his own character. That said -- Lyta Trevor is still the first daughter created -- and was the daughter to the very first Wonder Woman.
    This is probably a stretch, but Lizzie/Lyta do share a starting initial

Could be a correlation there

Fantastic Member

No it really is edited it with the link
    Oh wow! Thanks!

Fantastic Member

Someone online said Daniel Sampere was inspired by this for Trinity's costume design:

Anyone fancy playing "Diana's daughter reaction bingo" with me? Or maybe a drinking game? I'll start...

"What about Cassie/Yara?"

"The father better (not) be Steve/A God/Superman/Batman"

"Diana should sculpt her from clay" [with possible bonus for reference to the feminist symbolism of doing so]

"She's going to be overexposed / she'll be completely forgotten in a few years anyway"

"I don't trust King to write a young girl because..."

"She better not be stronger than Diana"

"King should be prioritising the existing cast not creating new characters"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    My guess King's run will explore Diana, uh, having her daughter? I wonder how they'll approach that tbh Born from clay? Pregnancy (doesn't really have to involve a guy tbh, it's a story with literal magic)?
    You might be right about a clay origin.
    Tom King specifically had Batman and Catwoman’s daughter named Helena in his Black Label comic.

If Trinity were Diana and Steve’s daughter, King would have named her Lyta as an homage.

So Trinity might just be born from Diana only.
    Plus it distinguishes her more from the previous Lyta.