Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You might be right about a clay origin.
    Tom King specifically had Batman and Catwoman’s daughter named Helena in his Black Label comic.

If Trinity were Diana and Steve’s daughter, King would have named her Lyta as an homage.

So Trinity might just be born from Diana only.
    Plus it distinguishes her more from the previous Lyta.
    I am pretty sure the IGN article quoted Tom as referring to Trinity's parents plural. Which could be a fakeout, stirring the pot of parentage speculation, or genuine.

Astonishing Member

To be honest I really doubt King even remembers who Lyta is.
    In case with Trinity, I don't know what exactly they're planning with her (but it's obviously not one time thing), but it might be an attempt to create a new IP in Wonder Woman franchise, and, yeah, the easiest way to do it is to introduce her daughter. They see Damian's popularity, they see Jon's popularity, and at the same time they saw how Future State initiative with more independent characters mostly failed. So, their logic is quite obvious here.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    You might be right about a clay origin.
    Tom King specifically had Batman and Catwoman’s daughter named Helena in his Black Label comic.

If Trinity were Diana and Steve’s daughter, King would have named her Lyta as an homage.

So Trinity might just be born from Diana only.
    Plus it distinguishes her more from the previous Lyta.
    Did he say that? Because we dont need a hrand new love interest for Diana as well! Thats the issue w/her.

For once, I'm hoping King's 'trauma-drama' instincts are at play and she dies by the end of the arc.

Well....let's see how it goes I guess?

I'm not against Diana having a kid at all. But from the interview it sounds like King is doing it simply because Bruce and Clark have kids, which isn't a great reason to do the same for Diana. But I do like the idea of Jon and Damian babysitting. That's fun. So we'll see. This was inevitable, somebody was gonna do it sooner or later.

Not feeling the costume, it's a little too much like Yara's, which apparently was intentional but I'm not a fan of it. It's not bad or anything, but it doesn't quite *pop* if that makes sense?

I'd have preferred a new version of Lyta over a brand new creation but I suppose "Lizzie" might still be a new version of Fury, just with a weird nickname? Wish this Trinity was blonde though.

Made from clay, or daughter of Steve? I'm hoping for Steve to be the father, myself. Or at the very least, help Diana sculpt her. I know that goes against the "no men required" aspect of Diana's origin but I see no problem with her daughter having an involved and loving father. Lyta was Steve's daughter, if it's good enough for her it's good enough for Trinity.

Eh, we'll see how this goes. I've been on the fence with King taking over WW and this isn't changing that. Could be good, could be the kind of intelligent, bold run we've needed. Could be a giant gods damn abomination of a run that fails to do right by Diana. With King it could go either way, and you can't really tell until you're reading it.

Fingers crossed.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like how Sampere incorporated the T symbol into her chest emblem and her belt. I hope this turns out to be a new incarnation of Lyta aka Fury. I think it's interesting that she has a gold, a silver, and a black lasso.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well....let's see how it goes I guess?

I'm not against Diana having a kid at all. But from the interview it sounds like King is doing it simply because Bruce and Clark have kids, which isn't a great reason to do the same for Diana. But I do like the idea of Jon and Damian babysitting. That's fun. So we'll see. This was inevitable, somebody was gonna do it sooner or later.

Not feeling the costume, it's a little too much like Yara's, which apparently was intentional but I'm not a fan of it. It's not bad or anything, but it doesn't quite *pop* if that makes sense?

I'd have preferred a new version of Lyta over a brand new creation but I suppose "Lizzie" might still be a new version of Fury, just with a weird nickname? Wish this Trinity was blonde though.

Made from clay, or daughter of Steve? I'm hoping for Steve to be the father, myself. Or at the very least, help Diana sculpt her. I know that goes against the "no men required" aspect of Diana's origin but I see no problem with her daughter having an involved and loving father. Lyta was Steve's daughter, if it's good enough for her it's good enough for Trinity.

Eh, we'll see how this goes. I've been on the fence with King taking over WW and this isn't changing that. Could be good, could be the kind of intelligent, bold run we've needed. Could be a giant gods damn abomination of a run that fails to do right by Diana. With King it could go either way, and you can't really tell until you're reading it.

Fingers crossed.
    Fv7rd8VWwAY7Lo5.jpg

She looks blonde to me.

Fantastic Member

I don't like Lizzie (or Elizabeth) as a name for a daughter of Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think the biggest thing about the costume is that it's very simple. Maybe having the armor extend totally to her torso would've made it look a little more fancy.

But kudos to King for giving her, her own identity instead of making her share the title like Jon has to or Damien will inherit. Makes it easier for her to be her own person

This is exciting!!! I can’t wait to see her at a young age! I just hope her wisdom kicks in at a young age.

Would have preferred a name more tied, or invokes something relating, to WW, or at least not "Trinity" .

I’m not a fan of the idea in itself but if the execution is good I can rock with it. The ongoing honestly has nowhere to go but up and if the story’s good I’m down. Hoping she’s a clay baby or made of some kind of magic but I suspect the father’s gonna be Steve…

(At the very least I’m 100% sure King won’t make her the daughter of Batman or Superman since he’s clearly very invested in Batcat and Clois so that’s a relief)

I’m really hoping we get to see Hippolyta and/or Philippus involved in her story somehow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Anyone fancy playing "Diana's daughter reaction bingo" with me? Or maybe a drinking game? I'll start...

"What about Cassie/Yara?"

"The father better (not) be Steve/A God/Superman/Batman"

"Diana should sculpt her from clay" [with possible bonus for reference to the feminist symbolism of doing so]

"She's going to be overexposed / she'll be completely forgotten in a few years anyway"

"I don't trust King to write a young girl because..."

"She better not be stronger than Diana"

"King should be prioritising the existing cast not creating new characters"
    Shade, but yes. LOL!

Okay I wasn’t sold on Lizzie as the name but King explained that she’s named after Elizabeth Marston and I changed my mind, very sweet homage.

Fantastic Member

Sampere added, "I loved Yara's design and her chest plate and wanted to do something similar to Joëlle Jones design in ours, like establishing it's a common piece young amazons use frequently. For the colors, I liked the idea of using blue as the dominant color over red to make the opposite of her mother and give Trinity her own personality in that aspect too. Trinity will be an incredible character and I'm very honored to have created her look. I hope fans will enjoy it!"
    I knew I saw a Yara influence there.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-introduces-wo...ghter-trinity/