Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    I hate this idea of "you get a kid! And you get a kid!" just because.

It feels like an excuse to jump on the Super Sons bandwagon.
    Spider-Man: “The grass is always greener on the other side…….”

Interesting bit of speculation I’ve seen is that she’s going to have 3 parents and tbh I’m already convinced. The name, the 3 lassos, the Marston homage in her name…very much checks out.

Could also be interesting for all 3 Amazon tribes to factor in.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy View Post
    I hate this idea of "you get a kid! And you get a kid!" just because.

It feels like an excuse to jump on the Super Sons bandwagon.
    That's generally how it works. It's why we have sidekicks. Why we have most heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Yup.

Reminds me of Nicola Scott's Diana.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Interesting bit of speculation I’ve seen is that she’s going to have 3 parents and tbh I’m already convinced. The name, the 3 lassos, the Marston homage in her name…very much checks out.

Three parents??
    Parents: Diana, Steve, Siegfried???
    Homage to Marshton, Elizabeth and Olive Byrne????

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Three parents??
    Parents: Diana, Steve, Siegfried???
    Homage to Marshton, Elizabeth and Olive Byrne????
    I could accept that.

Siegfried does have brown hair and eyes, so he might be one of the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's generally how it works. It's why we have sidekicks. Why we have most heroes.
    Yeah, I think people forget that all of Superman’s lore exists because DC went to Otto Binder and said “give him all the stuff Captain Marvel has.” Supergirl, Superboy, and Krypto exist because Captain Marvel had Mary and Captain Marvel Jr.; Brainiac is just Superman’s Mr. Mind; Jimmy Olson was a stock nothing character until Binder made him Tawky Tawny. And Diana herself began with the idea “what if we made a woman with Superman’s powers who could offer an alternative to the brand of masculinity he represents?”

Comics take ideas from each other, that’s just how the medium works. It only becomes a problem when the execution is lazy.

Also I really doubt one of the parents would be Siggy. I don’t think there’ll be a man involved other than Steve. Just can’t see him tying such a new huge character to a goofy 3-year-old OC from a run that’s gotten middling reviews and sold peanuts. And I wasn’t totally joking when I said she looked suspiciously like Artemis…

Yeah, I think people forget that all of Superman’s lore exists because DC went to Otto Binder and said “give him all the stuff Captain Marvel has.” Supergirl, Superboy, and Krypto exist because Captain Marvel had Mary and Captain Marvel Jr.; Brainiac is just Superman’s Mr. Mind; Jimmy Olson was a stock nothing character until Binder made him Tawky Tawny. And Diana herself began with the idea “what if we made a woman with Superman’s powers who could offer an alternative to the brand of masculinity he represents?”

Comics take ideas from each other, that’s just how the medium works. It only becomes a problem when the execution is lazy.

Also I really doubt one of the parents would be Siggy. I don’t think there’ll be a man involved other than Steve. Just can’t see him tying such a new huge character to a goofy 3-year-old OC from a run that’s gotten middling reviews and sold peanuts. And I wasn’t totally joking when I said she looked suspiciously like Artemis…
    Artemis is a possibility. This being King there is another:

I’m only half-joking here. I do find the idea of Diana’s kid being the product of throuple interesting, and in line with King drawing on Marston.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The childhood being a patchwork of multiple people would be a pretty mythical origin

Plus thematically it does extend from Diana's own conception, being born from the love of her mother

So Lizzie could be born from the love Diana has for so many people

I bet it will be Batman, WW, and Superman. One of the dudes will be the actual biological father, and the other one will be a "spiritual" father. One big ole family.

Trash.

Hopefully, I am wrong AF.

Spectacular Member

Call me old-fashioned but I believe it should be Steve. Given the history and the love that has always been there between the two
    Love being the key. Not fondness, chemistry alone but decades-old love

Also believe Steve would probably be dead in future when Trinity is a teen. Given he has been in CIA himself, can see TK adding that backstory where Steve dies in some operation when Trinity is a toddler or a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    Call me old-fashioned but I believe it should be Steve. Given the history and the love that has always been there between the two
    Love being the key. Not fondness, chemistry alone but decades-old love

Also believe Steve would probably be dead in future when Trinity is a teen. Given he has been in CIA himself, can see TK adding that backstory where Steve dies in some operation when Trinity is a toddler or a kid
    I would be pissed if they kill him! I love him lol ..I really hope that’s not that case…I think he needs more development before he dies.

The possibility of her having three parents is a very cool callback. Alltho, I'd bet Tom King is going to introduce a new character to complete the trio since poor Diana doesn't precisely have the best ships in the universe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I would be pissed if they kill him! I love him lol ..I really hope that’s not that case…I think he needs more development before he dies.
    Same I hope he never dies, gets some magical water from the Amazons and gets an elongated life..

That’s just my fear that I stated with Tom King’s writings