Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol, uhm, that's a weird take but okay. Shouldn't we be happy that her daughter looks different from her?

As I said, her having a daughter always came out of the leftfield for me. Nothing about her indicated to me that a child would be the next step in her life. But some of the decisions being made here are a bit better than I expected them to be.

Like not going back to the trope of giving my daughter her grandmother's name

I don't think so.

LIZZIE 0a740790386aca952cd80e7999f3050c.jpg
    Whoopi and her Mom

LIZZIE 2.jpg
    Ingrid Bergman and Issabella Rossellini

LIZZIE 3.jpg
    Mariska Hargitay and Jayne Mansfield

As an adoptee family resemblance has always fascinated me because I look so unlike the rest of my family. While it's true mothers and daughters don't have to have similar characteristics, I find it strangely comforting and more appropriate when they do. It's a phenomenon we've all seen before and my go to expectation. You're lucky I spared you the pic of Kathy Hilton, Paris and Nikki. lol

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't think so.

LIZZIE 0a740790386aca952cd80e7999f3050c.jpg
    Whoopi and her Mom

LIZZIE 2.jpg
    Ingrid Bergman and Issabella Rossellini

LIZZIE 3.jpg
    Mariska Hargitay and Jayne Mansfield

As an adoptee family resemblance has always fascinated me because I look so unlike the rest of my family. While it's true mothers and daughters don't have to have similar characteristics, I find it strangely comforting and more appropriate when they do. It's a phenomenon we've all seen before and my go to expectation. You're lucky I spared you the pic of Kathy Hilton, Paris and Nikki. lol
    I think she looks like Wonder Woman; she just has brown hair. Ingrid Bergman and Issabella Rossellini have different hair color as does Mariska Hargitay and Jayne Mansfield. I don't think characters should be carbon copies of their important parent (or either one of their parents, for that matter): that just ends up being visually boring and very derivative design-wise. Me, my brother, my dad and my uncle really look like my paternal grandmother because her genes are apparently the most persistent thing in existence, but we still look different from each other.

I don't like the name Trinity: when you try to search it, the results are all Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. I get the point of it with the tri-lasso thing, but if she sticks around long-term, they should probably give her a new superhero name. It feels like the character was conceived to be part of a new Trinity than really as a "stand-alone" Wonder character/daughter of Wonder Woman. We'll see how it goes. For all I know, she ends up being like Mayday Parker and I'll love her forever.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-31-2023 at 05:05 AM.

People change their hair color, Jayne Mansfield was a brunette that bleached her hair blonde but eventually gave up and wore blonde wigs during the latter part of her career. At the car crash that took her life her wig was found in the debris, which led to reports she'd been decapitated in the accident.

One of the reasons people have children in the first place is to see aspects of themselves passed down to a new generation. So I think it's weird Clark and Bruce get to have kids that are their spit and image but Diana does not.

Fantastic Member

People change their hair color, Jayne Mansfield was a brunette that bleached her hair blonde but eventually gave up and wore blonde wigs during the latter part of her career. At the car crash that took her life her wig was found in the debris, which led to reports she'd been decapitated in the accident.

One of the reasons people have children in the first place is to see aspects of themselves passed down to a new generation. So I think it's weird Clark and Bruce get to have kids that are their spit and image but Diana does not.
    Lyta Trevor didn't look like Earth-2 Diana, either. Wasn't really a big deal.

Personally all for not making parents/kids in superhero comics literal clones of one another. Hippoylta with black hair is superior to blonde everyday of the week but oh man do I hate it when she and Diana look like they could be twins/sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    This was my immediate thought as well. Or maybe they'll introduce a character named Elizabeth Marston who's important in the story.

I definitely prefer HotBoy's suggestion of Olive Elizabeth though. Personally I'd go with Olive Byrne Prince, you could chalk the middle name up to Diana being a big Talking Heads fan
    Yeah, it's probably nothing but that it's the full name is what made think "so will Diana meet a character called Elizabeth Marston?"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wasn’t some versions of Etta Candy’s full name being Elizabeth Candy, with Etta for short?
    Elizabeth Candy was Etta's name in WW: Earth One.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-31-2023 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    Lyta Trevor didn't look like Earth-2 Diana, either. Wasn't really a big deal.
    No she looked like Steve and her grandmother/namesake Hippolyta, so her hair color wasn't out of the clear blue sky like Lizzie's.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Lizzie definitely has qualities of Diana but she isn't her literal clone which i love. The only major difference between Jon and Clark is that Jon likes boys instead of just girls like his father. Other than that...he's pretty boring being Clark Jr.

Years and years of people criticizing Donna and Cassie for being Diana-lite. We get a new Wonder Woman character and she's criticized for not being an exact mirror image of her mother?

No she looked like Steve and her grandmother/namesake Hippolyta, so her hair color wasn't out of the clear blue sky like Lizzie's.
    She dresses like Diana, uses a lasso (three in fact) just like her and likely has the same powers. And kids can have different hair color than their parents.

I'm not getting into another back and forth, I've said my piece on the subject after avoiding this thread for 20 pages. Clearly everyone disagrees with my sentiments so hopefully you'll enjoy Lizzie and what the future brings to the Wonderverse.

Any ideas for unique abilities for Lizzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Any ideas for unique abilities for Lizzie?
    Idk of any that would make sense tbh. If anything her fighting style would make the most sense to make her unique.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    What's wrong with Jon and Damian babysitting every so often? There are all kinds of reasons why she'd need someone other than the Amazons looking after her - a big threat on Themyscira, a big debauchery-filled Amazon holiday where mama and the aunties want to just have some fun, general convenience, etc. Makes sense that Diana would have some Man's World babysitters on deck for emergencies.
    Yes, and I can think of the entire catalog of DC characters that could serve as a babysitter instead of the Supersons. Also, the problem is not that Jon and Damien can take care of her from time to time, but that the very reason for their existence seems to be because of them, so that THEY have a certain dynamic with a younger sister, but well, it will be a matter of seeing what story Mr. King has prepared for us.

Extraordinary Member

DAmien is darker than Bruce.

Plus Diana is most likely alive and still looking immortal in Lizzie’s time.
    I don’t want to look at adult Lizzie and Diana standing next to each other and not knowing which is which.

Unlike Clark who would have grey temples by adult Jon, or Bruce will be all white haired by adult Damien.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-31-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    DAmien is darker than Bruce.

Plus Diana is most likely alive and still looking immortal in Lizzie’s time.
    I don’t want to look at adult Lizzie and Diana standing next to each other and not knowing which is which.

Unlike Clark who would have grey temples by adult Jon, or Bruce will be all white haired by adult Damien.
    Didn't King write Kryptonians as being ageless in Woman of Tomorrow and that short story he did?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't King write Kryptonians as being ageless in Woman of Tomorrow and that short story he did?
    I hate it when writers try to add immortality to Kryptonians. Don't they have enough? Let them have an increases lifespan of say...50 years to your average human but not live for a huge amount of time