Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think what really grates on me about this is it's just another symptom of comic books' (particularly DC) unhealthy fixation of completion, symmetry, and The Image over actual organic storytelling.

People love the idea of Diana having a kid just because Superman & Batman have kids. They love the Image of the Trinity's children standing next to each other. Now it's "complete."

Same reason certain people love the idea of Superman & Wonder Woman being a couple. Because it "makes sense." Because it makes a pretty picture. Never-mind that their relationship is boring AF and they have the chemistry of salt water & oil.

It's why people love the idea of the Justice League even though 90% of League stories are trash. Even the JL stuff generally agreed to be good has glaring blind spots.
    But it doesn't matter because people love the idea of the "big guns" teaming up. They love the Image of these characters standing next to each other...even if half of them contribute nothing to the story and/or are written like crap.

So now Wonder Woman is going to saddled with a brat because the other Trinity bros have brats, too. And DC's marketing is going to trumpet the three of them together all over the place because now the Image is complete...even if not one single worth-while story comes of it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I probable will continue to beat this drum until my dying day: Wonder Woman gains nothing of value existing in a shared universe. The direction of her world & character should not be dictated by what the other characters in the universe she's shackled to are doing. She'd be better off on her own & lose very little.
    I get what you're saying and am approaching this with some trepidation. On the other hand, King named her after Elizabeth Marston, so it's hard for me not to feel touched in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    She has red hair.
    Wow. Why do comic artist hate brunettes? For the most common hair color out there, there are so few brown hair superheroes. There's Hal, Ray Palmer, Ronnie (Firestorm), Mary Marvel, Jay (Flash), pre-flashpoint Carter Hall and a few Legionnaires. I'm sure there's more, but not as many as raven-haired, blondes or redheads. And most of them are men. I guess chestnut, mosey, and honey girls gets no love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

As all things I hope this turns out well and she proves to be a likable character.
    ^^^Same. Def. same.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The red hair is funny, cause literally half of Diana's Rogues Gallery could be the second mom. I'm betting on either Cheetah or Artemis.
    ^^^Giganta!

1st i'm totally hyped they gave Diana a Daughter but i'm not really feeling the costume n hopefully she'll get her own Ongoing cause Diana's Family needs someone in her Supporting Cast to have one cause Superman has a few and we all know that Batman Family Books is 80% of DC Comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Wow. Why do comic artist hate brunettes? For the most common hair color out there, there are so few brown hair superheroes. There's Hal, Ray Palmer, Ronnie (Firestorm), Mary Marvel, Jay (Flash), pre-flashpoint Carter Hall and a few Legionnaires. I'm sure there's more, but not as many as raven-haired, blondes or redheads. And most of them are men. I guess chestnut, mosey, and honey girls gets no love.
    or it could be brown. You can't tell from the image if she has red or brown hair. We will have to wait and see when she makes her debut.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

- the dark blonde hair hinting that she might be Steve's daughter

Dislikes/meh
    - everything else

The thought process of giving her a canon child because Supes and Bats have them and naming her friggin Trinity is super bad. As is just not using a new version of Lyta (King used Helena, and she wasn't exactly like her classic self)

We also have 3-4 other Wonder Girl figures that writers don't know what to do with, why add another?

Hair looks rather dirty blonde to me.

Gotta say it does kind of kill me that there’s a whole bunch of people demanding Batman be the baby daddy in King’s replies. Lord I hope that’s not what they’re doing. My opinion on this is that it was inevitable, but I’m not sure King is the one to do it or that now is the best time for it. But this is definitely one hell of an attention grabber and I am definitely curious to learn what her deal is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta say it does kind of kill me that there’s a whole bunch of people demanding Batman be the baby daddy in King’s replies. Lord I hope that’s not what they’re doing. My opinion on this is that it was inevitable, but I’m not sure King is the one to do it or that now is the best time for it. But this is definitely one hell of an attention grabber and I am definitely curious to learn what her deal is.
    I do agree with you about King probably not being the one who should have been the one to finally do this. I think however that he might be one of the only creators who could do something like her having to mothers and get it approved by DC.

Interesting development and exciting news - another reason to look forward to the run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh geez, for real.
    There goes more respect for Twitter folk again.

Echoing others I am a fan of naming her after Elizabeth Marston. That’s a nice touch. And love this or hate it, it’s got everyone interested in reading Wonder Woman’s comics again for the first time since Rucka. Her book is finally “important” again, just hope King doesn’t blow it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don’t think Bruce or Clark will be Trinity’s father.

Supers Sons are about to become the Super Scions.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Oh geez, for real.
    There goes more respect for Twitter folk again.
    The Botmen are at it again over on that digital h3llscape.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I don’t think Bruce or Clark will be Trinity’s father.

Supers Sons are about to become the Super Scions.
    No. DC will ignore her or simply relegate her to 3rd wheel status. Super Sons will always be a thing just like the World Finest is a two-man thing.