Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Or moreso how no one else has that story, haha

I think you can leave out the Superfamily on the simple basis that they would never actually have a death battle with Superman. And I think that even includes other Kryptonians like Zod, because it's a pretty bad risk to take. Doomsday will always be unique because he's engineered for death, *actually* brought it, and can't be defeated the same way twice so even killing him is a bad strategy if not an immoral one.

Sounds like he's gonna get significantly worse by association. Granted I haven't seen any of this Lazarus stuff
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Hopefully this leads to Watters on an ongoing.
    They need to give Jon back to him. Maybe Watters can salvage the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I don't know why, but the whole King Doomsday made me think about Venom and the whole King in Black. I never read the book, but it made think about it. Anyways, I'm all eh on this. Creative teams have been throwing around Doomsday gimmicks for years now and nothing really ever stuck, at least this sounds interesting.

Also, with the whole Doomsday is the only force strong enough to kill Superman, does that mean Clark is stronger than Jon or are they equals?
    Per PKJ, Clark is the strongest Kryptonian again thanks to the events on Warworld.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Eh, the one time Watters wrote Jon, he just used an All-Star-esque "benevolent overworked God-man" take for Jon. Not really seeing why him writing Jon again would be exciting, if that's his take. Just Clark-lite again, after all. Yara was way better in that story. Then again, for all I know characterization was heavily editorially mandated and Watters' personal take would have been way different. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the case.

As for this Doomsday story, sounds awesome to me, definitely digging Kara and JHI being involved in it, curious about what this means for the upcoming "Superman event". Imagine if Doomsday possesses one of the aspects of Olgrun (if that was his name). I assume that would put him at least on current Clark's level (probably way beyond).
    Last edited by Quinlan58; 05-15-2023 at 02:16 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I love Doomsday. I love Dan Watters.

I cannot wait for this!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Eh, the one time Watters wrote Jon, he just used an All-Star-esque "benevolent overpowered God-man" take for Jon. Not really seeing why him writing Jon again would be exciting, if that's his take. Just Clark-lite again, after all. Yara was way better in that story. Then again, for all I know characterization was heavily editorially mandated and Watters' personal take would have been way different. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the case.

As for this Doomsday story, sounds awesome to me, definitely digging Kara and JHI being involved in it, curious about what this means for the upcoming "Superman event". Imagine if Doomsday possesses one of the aspects of Olgrun (if that was his name). I assume that would put him at least on current Clark's level (probably way beyond).
    Where did Watters write Jon and Yara?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Where did Watters write Jon and Yara?
    FS Superman/Wonder Woman. Neat book, all in all, just one that made me far more excited for its WW than for its Superman.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Eh, the one time Watters wrote Jon, he just used an All-Star-esque "benevolent overworked God-man" take for Jon. Not really seeing why him writing Jon again would be exciting, if that's his take. Just Clark-lite again, after all. Yara was way better in that story. Then again, for all I know characterization was heavily editorially mandated and Watters' personal take would have been way different. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were the case.

I thought Watters was pulling from the Samaritan for Jon, he's (the Samaritan) the only character I could think of who was doing the whole I'm overworked and time-keeping thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I thought Watters was pulling from the Samaritan for Jon, he's (the Samaritan) the only character I could think of who was doing the whole I'm overworked and time-keeping thing.
    Not sure if it was explicitly a reference (though I certainly won’t say no to drawing on Astro City) and more about playing up Jon as human in comparison to his father.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Oh wow! How rare to see his eye lashes fully rendered!!!!

The Doomhounds show up with Brainiac in today’s Annual:

Wouldn’t be the first time Brainiac manipulates Doomsday, I’m excited at the idea of an event involving both of them. Doomsday by himself is a bore but paired with Brainiac it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Wouldn’t be the first time Brainiac manipulates Doomsday, I’m excited at the idea of an event involving both of them. Doomsday by himself is a bore but paired with Brainiac it could be fun.
    I feel like Doomsday's been connected to each of the Big Three at some point.

Doomhounds,is that a real name?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Doomsday's been connected to each of the Big Three at some point.
    You’re right. The Krypton show made him a Zod/El creation, the comics had Brainiac take control of his body, Zod became Doomsday in the DCEU, Lex created him in the DCEU and in S&L, etc. Makes sense because he works better as a tool for a mastermind villain, on his own all he can do is kill Superman.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Oh dear. Really not a fan of anything on that page.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!