Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Same here. Every little detail there is a red flag for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You’re right. The Krypton show made him a Zod/El creation, the comics had Brainiac take control of his body, Zod became Doomsday in the DCEU, Lex created him in the DCEU and in S&L, etc. Makes sense because he works better as a tool for a mastermind villain, on his own all he can do is kill Superman.
    And Darkseid created him in the DCAMU.

Bloodwynd being the Superman for Hell is my kind of insanity. Can’t believe I’m actually intrigued to read a story featuring him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The dude who used to be just Martian Manhunter .

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I love the cover of the Doomsday special. I hope Doomsday will be stuck in hell forever... for more than one reason.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The dude who used to be just Martian Manhunter .
    Kinda. MM masqueraded as him for a while, which is by far the most remembered part as it was during Death of Superman, but Bloodwynd was actually a separate character.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics Presents: Doomsday Special #1 Preview
    Writer: Dan Watters
    Artist: Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira
    Backup Writer: Dan Watters
    Backup Artist: Max Raynor

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well that Bog variant is exquisite. And talk about full circle with Barrows, having done solid work with Superman and breathtaking stuff with MM. This seems like a real treat and it makes not only excited for the recent crossover tie ins but the LP stuff, maybe.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I guess Doomsday would be a kind of Kryptonian boogeyman.

Nice Clark and Kara moment.

It's funny seeing Kara and J'onn team-up after the TV show.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how in a society that is based around the pseudo-worship of science, Doomsday is probably the closest they have to a devil figure.

Because he represents the absolute worst science is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how in a society that is based around the pseudo-worship of science, Doomsday is probably the closest they have to a devil figure.

Because he represents the absolute worst science is capable of.
    They sure do bring up Rao a lot though .

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I guess the revision that Doomsday was a Kryptonian creation has stuck. *sigh*

At least it's back to being unkillable/endlessly evolving.

LOVED Clark and Kara talking about Doomsday with fear and reverence. Everything so far leads me to believe Watters is going to knock it out of the park yet again.

Remember Superman asking (Shay Veritas iirc) if he can morally kill Doomsday in the New 52? Ugh. Much better here!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

I liked this - but, as a Brit, I find it very difficult to take a character called "Arce" seriously.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I liked this - but, as a Brit, I find it very difficult to take a character called "Arce" seriously.
    That name is Spanish. It's pronounced "ar-say" not "arse" lol

Fun read, Barrows obviously knows how to draw a great Hell (I’d love to see him team up with Watters for a proper Hellblazer story), and Watters bringing back Doomsday as the Kryptonian Devil to the point he stood a chance of being Hell’s king was cool. Hell as a proving ground for Doomsday reminded me of how he went to Metropolis because he wanted to be a pro wrestler in his original appearance, Hell must be his heaven for letting him live out that dream. Moment at the end where the Damned had no hope to give but used their bodies to seal Doomsday in was great.

Wasn’t sure how Watters would be able to find an ending that kept the horror tone but still ended “happily”, but he found it. Not as much setup for the Brainiac storyline as I expected, was kinda hoping Watters would be more involved in that storyline but it seems this Special is the extent of his input.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/