Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I find it hard to care when some DC characters claim to be atheists or don't believe in something existing that obviously exists in DC universe. Might as well just say that the character is brain damaged.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unless you can point to Bloodwynd professing some kind of religious belief previously (and even then this is basically a rebooted Bloodwynd), it’s fair game for Watters to define his spiritual beliefs any way he likes. Not like Bloodwynd was a well established character prior to this anyway.
    Seems like you misconstrued my point. I don't care about a character's religious belief. I don't want Watters inserting his belief.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Seems like you misconstrued my point. I don't care about a character's religious belief. I don't want Watters inserting his belief.
    Ok, but if Bloodwynd’s religious beliefs have never been defined, it’s fair game for a writer *to* define them however he wishes. There’s nothing to “contradict” if it’s never been touched on, and I don’t buy for a second that Bloodwynd was a beloved character of yours that you cared about deeply.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Ok, but if Bloodwynd’s religious beliefs have never been defined, it’s fair game for a writer *to* define them however he wishes. There’s nothing to “contradict” if it’s never been touched on, and I don’t buy for a second that Bloodwynd was a beloved character of yours that you cared about deeply.
    I think you miss my point. I don't care about Bloodwyn's religious beliefs (matter of fact, wasn't he just Martin Manhunter? When did they retcon that?). I just don't want him to become a mouthpiece for Dan Watters to spout his atheism. That's it. I've got no interest in these characters being becoming soapboxes. If you like it, that's good for you.

So if bloodwyn will say or do something you don't like then you'll assume that Watters is inserting his political or religious views into the story?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I think you miss my point. I don't care about Bloodwyn's religious beliefs (matter of fact, wasn't he just Martin Manhunter? When did they retcon that?). I just don't want him to become a mouthpiece for Dan Watters to spout his atheism. That's it. I've got no interest in these characters being becoming soapboxes. If you like it, that's good for you.
    Your point makes zero sense. Bloodwynd can’t hold anti-religious views because Watters does? And that means Bloodwynd is just his mouthpiece? As opposed to all the Christian creators creating characters who espouse Christian beliefs which is somehow different? Look if you don’t care about Bloodwynd’s religious beliefs, then it shouldn’t matter to you if Bloodwynd and Watters share similar beliefs.

If Watters wants to use Bloodwynd as a character to explore his views on religion, well that’s no different from Morrison using Animal Man to explore their own beliefs, or Ennis using Constantine to explore his, or Gaiman creating the Endless to talk about his beliefs about the power of stories, etc. Kamala Khan was created by Muslim women to be a positive role model for Muslim girls in comics and was literally based on one of the editor’s own experiences growing up. Does that make Kamala a bad character who only exists for soap boxing? Bloodwynd is an obscure character that no one cared about or used, if Watters wants to revamp him into being anti-theist (and there’s no evidence yet that he does!) that’s not any less a valid viewpoint to tell stories with than people writing stories using characters who are religious where their faith is portrayed as a positive force. I see no reason why Watters couldn’t write a Bloodwynd story where the underlying message is that Hell is unjust. Sounds like it could be a cool story to me.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-06-2023 at 01:11 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Doomsday needs to fight kon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Doomsday needs to fight kon.
    Any particular reason why?

Any particular reason why?

Um because kon is the coolest and most badass member of the SUPER family easily.

BTW I don't want kon to fight doomsday,I want future kon,a hero amagalm of black zero,Titans of tomorrow,and sins of youth adult kon would make it a interesting fight
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.