Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Spurrier always interviews beautifully, but I don't feel like that's translated to his best work with LoX and its associated books. I might check this out, but eh, we'll see.
    I feel very odd because I've found WoX lovely, but LoX not up to par. feel like it's usually the reverse

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    I feel very odd because I've found WoX lovely, but LoX not up to par. feel like it's usually the reverse

Truthfully, I've felt like Spurrier just wanted to do a Legion book once he landed on Krakoa, but had to include Nightcrawler because that was the actual remit. His work with David was, imo, quite good, but I feel like his take on Kurt has been very surface. Like he's more interested in a lot of the ideas he put together for Kurt than the character himself, where David feels much more rounded and better handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    and I'll mention that there's a reading of this book [where it's] basically a romance comic with added battles, and the object of Kurt's affection is one of my favorite characters in the Marvel canon. She's awesome.
    ...maybe there's a chance?

Here for this. Take my money!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

For those wondering, Spider-Man actually consulted Nightcrawler once or twice back in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do by Kevin Smith and the Dodsons, as the killer teleporting drugs into people's bodies turned out to be a mutant. In Spider-Man/Deadpool by Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness, during the Itsy Bitsy arc, Nightcrawler tried to counsel Spider-Man when the web-slinger was having a spiritual crisis after having died and been sent to hell earlier on (since Deadpool killed him as Peter Parker after being tricked into believing Peter was running evil experiments as CEO of Parker Industries), not to mention Itsy Bitsy, as a genetically engineered "daughter" of himself and Deadpool, killing criminals in his and Deadpool's names, which did nearly push him over the edge.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Nice that we’ll see Kurt interacting with Peter especially given that he’s taking on his moniker, though have they ever been friends? Can’t remember any big interactions between them though I could definitely see the 2 making good friends.
    They interreacted in Marvel Team-up a couple of times way way back. Claremont wrote one of the issues. Then there was when he was training with him and Deadpool not too long ago

Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-13-2023 at 08:12 PM.

All-New Member

I hope we will see the jackal and that he will create chimeras by combining the DNA of mutants and superheroes and supervillain of the spiderverse, I would really like to see wallcrawller

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    ...maybe there's a chance?

I think it's been heavily implied it's Nightcrawler X Silver Sable. Which feels a bit weird because I only know her from the games, and she's like 40 in those. But maybe I'm a bit bigoted and it's time to have a middle age romance in the books !

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by French X-man View Post
    I hope we will see the jackal and that he will create chimeras by combining the DNA of mutants and superheroes and supervillain of the spiderverse, I would really like to see wallcrawller
    Funny enough, that did happen in Chris Yost's Avenging Spider-Man/Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. The Jackal was basically raiding Sinister's labs for genetic material to use in his cloning experiments, combining spider DNA with mutant DNA to create arachnid-based mutant chimeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I think it's been heavily implied it's Nightcrawler X Silver Sable. Which feels a bit weird because I only know her from the games, and she's like 40 in those. But maybe I'm a bit bigoted and it's time to have a middle age romance in the books !
    Hmm, Silver Sable is usually depicted as a more mature lady, at least compared to Spider-Man, whom Marvel is obsessed with keeping eternally youthful. That said, it would be interesting to see her and Nightcrawler/Uncanny Spider-Man together.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, Silver Sable is usually depicted as a more mature lady, at least compared to Spider-Man, whom Marvel is obsessed with keeping eternally youthful. That said, it would be interesting to see her and Nightcrawler/Uncanny Spider-Man together.
    I think she fits a pattern for Kurt’s love interests; he has a pattern for strong warrior women, Amanda, Cereise, Bloody Bess (who Claremont said was an incarnation of Betsy Braddock), Weaponless Zsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The sword is pretty non-Spidey Kurt .
    So we're the forearm spikes spidey sported for a little bit, so no biggie here.

Ahhh there goes my hopes after liking them in the Wolverine and X-Men cartoon! Thanks for pointing out, I don't know much about her but let's hope it's good!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Return of Cloak and Dagger?
    This was my reflex thought as well.
    Then again, there are many duos out there that could fit the bill.

Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
    The Hawkeyes.
    Misty Knight and Colleen Wing.
    Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
    She Hulk & Hellcat (the latter of which got a Hellfire look this year)

But I mean, its probably Cloak & Dagger.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Everyone was 40 in that game. Be nice.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Everyone was 40 in that game. Be nice.
    I don't mind, love daddies. It's just unusual in comics, which is why it was surprising.