Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

The guy is an obnoxious racist from apartheid Africa who says Qanon incel shit to get adoration from the internet's worst. Literally just a 4chan troll who got famous for buying someone's EV technology and letting people think he created it.He bought a social media channel just because he felt the nazi posts on it don't get enough likes. Absolutely awful.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That's a complex one for sure. Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't make you automatically good, especially in Soros's case, as I believe he was actually a Nazi youth and actually helped the Nazi's round up other Jews and take their possessions/fortunes(he posed as a Christian).

Furthermore, Soros seemingly has been funding all kinds of horrible things. Obviously comic book Magneto has episodes of altruism, and episodes of totalitarian war against humanity, in service of what he believes to be a superior race. We as comic fans often give Magneto a huge pass, neglecting his villainous actions, focusing on his positive qualities. In that respect, the comparison may be very accurate.
    What's your source on that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Q-Anon and the usual racist stuff, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm digging your avatar in a hypnotic, mind-controlling kinda way
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Twitter is the shitter anyway, hah.

I like it too. I've noticed that some people have custom titles under their username. Do you have to have a certain number of posts to do that?
    Thanks guys, you can build your own gif like I do or find one you like and bring it down to size with this site https://ezgif.com
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Far-right anti-semitic conspiracy theorists

Soros literally tells the story himself of doing whatever is necessary to get by, including posing as a Christian and working with the Nazis to rob his own people, but you want to start pointing fingers and using derisive terms against the messenger. Roger that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That's a complex one for sure. Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't make you automatically good, especially in Soros's case, as I believe he was actually a Nazi youth and actually helped the Nazi's round up other Jews and take their possessions/fortunes(he posed as a Christian).

Furthermore, Soros seemingly has been funding all kinds of horrible things. Obviously comic book Magneto has episodes of altruism, and episodes of totalitarian war against humanity, in service of what he believes to be a superior race. We as comic fans often give Magneto a huge pass, neglecting his villainous actions, focusing on his positive qualities. In that respect, the comparison may be very accurate.
    What is with the Republican talking points? Soros doesn’t fund horrendous things.

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong."

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

https://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/20/i...r-trading.html

And for the record, I am pagan, gay, black, and registered Independent. I criticize left, right, and center as I see fit. I'd throw the whole lot in the toilet if I could. Start over fresh.

Fantastic Member

"funding all kinds of horrible things..." is false.

This is untrue and you should be ashamed for perpetuating lies.

Per Wikipedia:

Early life and education
    Soros was born in Budapest in the Kingdom of Hungary to a prosperous non-observant Jewish family, who, like many upper-middle class Hungarian Jews at the time, were uncomfortable with their roots. Soros has wryly described his home as a Jewish antisemitic home.[34] The family of his mother Erzsébet (also known as Elizabeth) operated a successful silk store.[35] His father Tivadar (also known as Teodoro Ŝvarc) was a lawyer and a well-known Esperanto author who edited the Esperanto literary magazine Literatura Mondo and raised his son to speak the language.[35][36] Tivadar had also been a prisoner of war during and after World War I until he escaped from Russia and rejoined his family in Budapest.[37][38] The two married in 1924. In 1936, Soros's family changed their name from the German-Jewish "Schwartz" to "Soros", as protective camouflage in increasingly antisemitic Hungary.[39][40] Tivadar liked the new name because it is a palindrome and because of its meaning. In Hungarian, soros means "next in line", or "designated successor"; in Esperanto it means "will soar".[41][42][43]

Soros was 13 years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.[44] The Nazis barred Jewish children from attending school, and Soros and the other schoolchildren were made to report to the Judenrat ("Jewish Council"), which had been established during the occupation. Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis: "The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, 'You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported'. I'm not sure to what extent he knew they were going to be gassed. I did what my father said."[45][46]

Soros did not return to that job; his family survived the war by purchasing documents to say that they were Christians. Later that year at age 14, Soros posed as the Christian godson of an official of the collaborationist Hungarian government's Ministry of Agriculture, who himself had a Jewish wife in hiding. On one occasion, rather than leave the 14-year-old alone, the official took Soros with him while completing an inventory of a Jewish family's confiscated estate. Tivadar saved not only his immediate family but also many other Hungarian Jews, and Soros later wrote that 1944 had been "the happiest [year] of his life", for it had given him the opportunity to witness his father's heroism.[47][48] In 1945, Soros survived the Siege of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city. George and his mother also spent some time hiding with the family of Elza Brandeisz and even attended their Lutheran church with them.[49]
    Musk is a spoiled nepo-brat.

photo_2023-05-17_15-06-06.jpg

Musk knows he went too far...

Spectacular Member

Funny everyone liked Elon until recently when they were told to hate him...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I truly could not care less about Musk or this Soros person but I love that Magneto is trending because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Funny everyone liked Elon until recently when they were told to hate him...
    I've mostly been staying out of this thread, since I don't care about IRL politics and I have no idea who Soros or w/e even is. I have my own critiques about media, journalism, mass opinions and social manipulation, blah blah blah.

But Musk was always very divisive, and it's only become more obvious as he gets pushed more and more into the spotlight. Sure, he always had a strong fanbase and a lot of cameos. But even in the before-times, he had many vocal critics. They were just harder to notice because Musk was being elevated by Rick & Morty, Pewdiepie, and all the other celebrities and YouTubers who supported him. To many people, it looked like he was just this quirky, fun dude who deviated from the rigid, out-of-touch ways of most big-name CEOs of the word. But you still had critics of his work, people dunking on his cringer moments on Twitter, his messy break-up with the grimy lady, etc.

Elon himself has been vocal about his ideas for Twitter, which have been very bad. While he surely had some good intentions, it screwed a lot of regular people over. People who have never heard or cared about him were introduced to him by all the crazy changes he'd been making to the site. To jobs being lost, to notable mismanagement leading to site-wide issues, to the algorithm issues, to spiteful policy changes, to all the Twitter Blue issues. People had reason to dislike him, he was messing with their stuff. I personally gave him the benefit of the doubt, until some of his rule changes endangered my favorite Twitter account.

(Not that all company decisions are made by Musk and Musk alone - things like this have a lot of moving parts. But he's the public face of his Twitter era, so.)

This isn't some psy-op meant to punish someone going against the grain. It's a complex, long-standing situation with a ton of factors and perspectives.
    Last edited by Rift; 05-20-2023 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    "funding all kinds of horrible things..." is false.
    To those who lean towards The Right in politics, funding charity is a horrible thing