Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm honestly not expecting anything until the end of the run (or near the end of the run).

That is if there isn't some kind of massive upheaval behind the scenes in which Lowe and/or Wells leave early (such things have happened before).
    I think this is the healthier approach. Those expecting any real resolution or catharsis aren’t going to get it in this issue.

I also agree “anything” is “walk-backable”, but that doesn’t mean it will be or that it won’t stick around for years. They could walk-back Gwen’s death. They walked-back Sins Past over a decade later. They’ve insisted they walk-back the marriage and could walk-back that walk-back. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    Shouldn't there have been a lettered preview out by today?
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/26/ma...ider-man-26-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Well I gues I was wrong about no other preview. Nothing to it, but still, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I just need some resolution to at least some of the story. Even a hint that MJ is in fact still very much in love with Peter, if not an outright declaration which would be so much better. Perhaps the kids show up early into the issue to join Rabin or something. I'm still staying hopeful that this entire 26 issues hasn't been a total bust, and we'll get something of substance here.

It has been the longest 3 weeks of my life. I just want it to be over and those crazy kids to go smooch some more.
    I'm basically in the exact same place. I can accept a non-total resolution. But you gotta give me something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm honestly not expecting anything until the end of the run (or near the end of the run).

That is if there isn't some kind of massive upheaval behind the scenes in which Lowe and/or Wells leave early (such things have happened before).
    With the hugging page, this became almost guaranteed in my mind in so far as "resolution" goes, but I still maintain just from a story perspective it'd be weird to deal with all that stuff and just continue on as things were. It's possible he sees the Kamala death as the shake up, but that would be really stupid. Not that that's an impediment.

Wells has made enough comments that imply he isn't entirely happy with how things have gone so we may get more information before the end of the run as a result, but if not here any changes are months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Obviously he knows that so in that context it suggests he's not trying to make big changes necessarily. Which is fine. It's fine to tell stories within the box of toys you have without altering them. But again, if that's the case he either already screwed it up, was lying, or this entire Mary Jane plotline is based on lies/will be altered.
    As the Suicide Squad movie put it: "Who knows why mad men do what they do?"

At this point, I've given up trying to find a method to the madness of the run. I guess just let Wells do what he'll do so we can get out of this run and back to normal (or as "normal" as the OMD-verse will ever be).

There's some world where by the end of this story we all like Paul and don't mind if he sticks around as MJ's gay bestie. I don't know that that's THIS world, but it's worth a thought.
    Well, he would be actually useful in that scenario.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As the Suicide Squad movie put it: "Who knows why mad men do what they do?"

At this point, I've given up trying to find a method to the madness of the run. I guess just let Wells do what he'll do so we can get out of this run and back to normal (or as "normal" as the OMD-verse will ever be).
    This is probably the sane thing.

Well, he would be actually useful in that scenario.
    Yeah the Paul hate is based on him banging Spidey's wife, totally justified in that scenario. But if there relationship is ultimately just platonic, then everything is MJ's fault, and he's just...kinda there.

Yeah the Paul hate is based on him banging Spidey's wife, totally justified in that scenario. But if there relationship is ultimately just platonic, then everything is MJ's fault, and he's just...kinda there.
    at least someone admits it. People just didnt want Mj to have sex with another guy simple as that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    at least someone admits it. People just didnt want Mj to have sex with another guy simple as that
    I mean I use it as short hadn but yeah it's not like Paul has done anything. But he's the guy MJ left Peter for and presumably cheating on him with. That's going to make him hated. If he's just a co-parent, why hate him?

It IS kinda more than just kex though. People don't hate Pedro and he was definitely banging her. They just ignore Pedro.

I mean I use it as short hadn but yeah it's not like Paul has done anything. But he's the guy MJ left Peter for and presumably cheating on him with. That's going to make him hated. If he's just a co-parent, why hate him?

It IS kinda more than just kex though. People don't hate Pedro and he was definitely banging her. They just ignore Pedro.
    people hate Pedro too

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    people hate Pedro too
    I'm doing a bad job, I apoogize.

When I mentioned it earlier, I was using short hand for the whole situation, with her apparently choosing him over Peter and cheating on Peter with him. It's all part of that. But all of that can really be blamed on MJ. It's not Paul's responsibility to reject her because she was dating Peter before. With that said, there's nothing wrong with hating him because he's banging MJ. It's natural to hate guys who are banging your wife. It's a standard emotional reaction. And since people relate to Peter they're going to hate people on his behalf. So, no, it's not JUST about sex, but sex is a legitimate reason to hate him.

As for Pedro, maybe i just missed the hate because I had given up the book at the time. He mostly seemed ignored to me forom just following a few forums.

BANNED

I never even heard of Pedro until the other day, and I was keeping tabs on ASM at the time. Nowhere near the same hate as Paul. But I think the mystery box + hint the kids may be theirs biologically really stoked the flames there.

And yeah, the fact that he was seemingly sleeping with MJ. I've already talked about how even if you logic it, there's still that visceral feeling. It's especially painful after the Spencer/Beyond run. Like just healing from an old wound, and then you get shot in the exact same spot all these years later.

Edit: Okay, I do think I recall hearing about Pedro. Once. Just mention MJ was dating a fireman. I did not give a single **** back then. It was a blip on my radar, clearly.
    Last edited by Venomsaurus; 05-27-2023 at 10:35 AM.

When I mentioned it earlier, I was using short hand for the whole situation, with her apparently choosing him over Peter and cheating on Peter with him. It's all part of that. But all of that can really be blamed on MJ. It's not Paul's responsibility to reject her because she was dating Peter before. With that said, there's nothing wrong with hating him because he's banging MJ. It's natural to hate guys who are banging your wife. It's a standard emotional reaction. And since people relate to Peter they're going to hate people on his behalf. So, no, it's not JUST about sex, but sex is a legitimate reason to hate him.

As for Pedro, maybe i just missed the hate because I had given up the book at the time. He mostly seemed ignored to me forom just following a few forums.
    well pedro wasnt around a lot which helps him

I hate that guy Pedro too.

Astonishing Member

Well people blame the writers when MJ does something they don’t like.

It will be a long several months, either way.

Hasn't Wells changed his mind a few times about what exactly is going on?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Fate of the children has been spoiled as well. If you wish to search for it.

All I'm going to say is

spoilers:
    Yep, they're doing it again.
    end of spoilers