Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Didn't Wells insinuate that his run would end with everything reset and isn't his tenure ending sooner rather than later?

Course, it could hang on longer, but, also considering how his fridging Ms. Marvel is overtaking the anti-Peter/MJ subplot as the worst mistake of the series to date, the other little bits might not leave as much of an impression. (Also, Marvel's anti-MJ agenda is hardly new -- it's literally the foundation of the OMD-verse -- so, Paul doesn't exactly stand out. Heck, he's more or less Pedro 2.0, just with a more punchable face and sucking way more oxygen from the comics.)
I wouldn't trust anything they say, lots of weird motivations there. Wells has suggested he wanted to stay on through ASM50., some rumors have suggested they want to give him the rest of the year and move on early 2024. But again, I don't trust anything I hear.

The primary differnce between Paul and Pedro is origin, MJ had been dumped by Otto, you can't blame her for that. I also think it got a way more muted response due to both timing (Spencer putting them together I think really changed a lot) and frankly, Slott had been on the book so long that, like, a transparent stupid "MJ can't be with Peter" move was just mostly ignored as just another dumb Slott move.